• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime What will be the next Anime series you'll watch?

it's a rewatch + i've technically already started (albeit only barely), but i plan to give the kirby anime another watch over the summer. it's been a hell of a while since i've watched it admittedly, plus i've been going back into kirby mode recently so yeah! i've also considered giving goddamn. beyblade of all things a watch, i remember seeing a little bit of what's apparently called metal saga as a kid so, yeah

I've got a few different anime I want to watch right now...

* Cowboy Bebop: I know this is a classic and I have a strong feeling I'm going to like it

* The rest of the monogatari series... Probably Kizu, since the animation in it seems so nice

* Given - a BL anime that is cute fluffy and non toxic?! Count me in!

There is a lot i'm looking forward to upcoming Fall season. Which is refreshing after a (in my opinion) disappointing Summer season. Chainsaw Man is at the top of my list and has been my most anticipated anime ever since I first read the manga, but I'm also looking forward to Mob Pscyho III, Spy x Family Part 2, To Your Eternity season 2, Golden Kamuy season 4, Iruma-kun season 3, and Blue Lock. All anime I have read the manga of too. I'm also looking forward to a few smaller anime that are totally new to me and seem interesting. And I also found out Berserk is doing a tv edit of the Golden Age Arc trilogy of movies. Which is pretty much just a retread, but I'll honestly watch anything Berserk lol.

I have quite a few anime I have on the list to either finish or watch listed as follows:

• Pokemon (currently on Unova)
  • Haikyuu (not sure what season I am on with that)
  • The Promised Neverland (think I'm on season 2)
  • Cannot wait for The Dragon Prince which comes out in November (the 4th season) but have to renew Netflix for that.
  • Need to finish up Inuyasha sequel-Yashahime (only to find out what happened to Rin...I hate that stupid anime and do not consider it a sequel at all. It does not carry the same feel as Inuyasha. I am on episode 6 but will need to rewatch (sadly) to make sense of what the heck is going on/refresh my memory.)
  • Doroto to Hyakkimaru
  • Dr. Stone
  • Inuyashiki (love this opening, love the show, only watched like the 1st or 1-2 episodes of it)
  • Vinland Saga
  • Mo Dao Su Shi
  • Donten ni Warau
  • Douluo Dalu
  • Shao Nian Ge Xing
  • Kimetsu no Yaiba (heard this is good)
  • Kingdom
  • Trigun (enjoy that, need to get back into it)
  • Attack on Titan (only seen 1 season but enjoyed it).

I am pretty sure there's more than the above, that's just from memory/what is on my phone so far.

I'll probably get back into The Promised Neverland first and work on finishing that up.

I’ve been seriously considering getting into Puella Magi Madoka Magica, as I’ve heard many different and often very strong opinions about the series and I kind of want to make an opinion about it for myself with as little outside influence as possible (even with me being at least vaguely aware of the kinds of places that the story ultimately goes to). Actually, I’d be in the middle of watching it right now if it wasn’t for the fact that I’m also into Cardcaptor Sakura at the moment, and I’d imagine that switching back and forth between two very different series like that would make for one hell of a mood whiplash. And since I’m not willing to suspend Sakura right now, I’ll probably end up waiting for the “newness” to fade away from it a bit before I give attention to another magical girl series, let alone one like Madoka. Speaking of which…

…there’s still a little under two-thirds of Futari wa Pretty Cure left for me to get through, so I’ll be continuing with that. There was a moment where I kind of questioned why I was still watching it, though, after seeing Sakura do some things better in four episodes than the former has done so far in 20+ episodes, and also after having not watched the former regularly for a while. But after watching the latest two episodes in my queue (Episodes 20 and 21, for reference), I was most definitely reminded why, haha. The thing about this series, I think, is that not every episode is necessarily great, or even particularly good (and that the likability of its heroines carries the show a lot, more so than the actual quality of its plots which are often hit-or-miss). But when it’s good, it’s really good. And when it’s good two or three or more episodes in a row, it’s great! So there’s that to keep me going.

As for other things, I’ll be catching up on the handful of episodes that I neglected to watch of Spy x Family so that I can get my queue in line with the newest set of episodes currently airing. That should be easy, since it’s an easy show to watch and have fun with, haha. I also plan on getting seriously back into ARIA in the immediate future. That show’s funny because while I really like it and want to watch more of it, I’m not always that motivated to actually do so. Maybe it’s because its vibe is totally different from almost all of the other shows that I watch, to the point where I really have to be in the mood to watch something like that. Even though, again, I always want to, in the back of my mind. Funny, indeed…

Last edited:
I’ve been busy with Overlord, Demon Slayer, Inuyasha, and Sword Art Online lately. Once I clear aome of this up, I’ll probably start up Juju or whatever it’s called. That or get caught up on MHA or High School DXD

Probably starting Don't Toy With Me Nagatoro, but honestly, if it's just, "if you bully them, you like them" I'm turning that show off in an instant.

Also starting Yakuza Babysitter soon, hope it's funny.

Wanted something easy to digest and since I love all things to do with water, a friend recommended the slice of life anime "Amanchu!" (based on a manga) which is apparently is about a bunch of high schoolers into scuba diving.

Two seasons should be enough to keep me going, here's hoping I enjoy it~

@MightyAphrodite
I’m guessing that you’re looking for something random to watch? While I’m hardly an expert on child-friendly anime selections on Netflix, you could do far worse than Glitter Force. It’s the localized dub version of one of the series from the Pretty Cure franchise, a massive magical girl anime franchise (nearly twenty entries strong) aimed at young children. Said series is Smile Pretty Cure!, and you can find more information about it here.

There’s also another Glitter Force, a dub of Doki Doki! Pretty Cure (although reception of that one is quite mixed in the fandom). You can find more info about it here.

Both series should be decent enough for the youngins’ (as most Precure seasons are considered to be at least decent, never flat-out horrible, or at least the base stories are). But for yourself, I’d be remiss as a Precure fan to neglect recommending the subbed seasons instead, as its Glitter Force counterparts are somewhat yucky in the localization department by 2022 standards. You might not care at all, though! Feel free to check it out and make a conclusion for yourself, if it interests you.

EDIT: I found a video comparing the sub and Glitter Force versions of Smile Pretty Cure! here (originally by this user).
EDIT2: And another one for Doki Doki! Pretty Cure from the the same user here.

Last edited:
I'm tempted to watch the reboot of that 80's anime, the one with Lum the alien girl (I cannot remember nor spell the title for the life of me), since I never watched the original (I was probably just born when it first came out, give or take a few years). I hear it's pretty funny and I enjoy funny stuff. Plus, I've obviously heard about Lum for a long time now, once I became more of an anime watcher. Though I'd rather watch it dubbed, as reading subtitles makes me nauseous, and I'd rather watch a mediocre dub than read subtitles. Tell me, is it any good? I only know the basic premises of the series: perverted, luckless loser gets "chosen" to save Earth from an alien invasion by playing tag with Lum. He wins and Lum falls in love with him due to a misunderstanding, resulting in a love triangle between him, Lum, and his girlfriend. Lots of crazy shenanigans happen. But how is the reboot of it? Is it any good?

Erm... I don't find it weird. Sometimes seinen can get too bleak, so it might be better to get something "lighter", so to speak. Sometimes, you just want something cute. This is why I tend to prefer shonen, cheesiness be damned.

Back
Top Bottom