• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What will become of Rotom?

Rotom isn't Ash's Pokemon, so why would it get Oak'd? Rotom'll most likely exit the series at the end of SuMo unless Gen 8's Dex is an upgrade of the Rotom Dex.

I had this question one day so I hoped is to catch room. It really become frustrating when ash release all these becomes. It really become old and we already know he will not have them so why he should take all of them so he can release them. At least one two or few of them stay with him will be great. I really thought that poipole will be such as hoshigumo and It really happened and the same will be with Meltan which I think wl be the new become tht enjoyed ash in this season after all of hoshigumo and poipole

That depends on if the RotomDex is carried over to Gen 8...:unsure:

TBH, I kind of want him gone, if just so they can leave a spot over for another companion, as well as more focus/development for them. (This thing's gotten more screen time and a bigger role than some of the classmates :confused:)

Like Greninja, I imagine something might come up that prompts it to depart from Ash at the series end. I do at least hope it reaches Kanto and has some sort of interaction with Kantonian Oak however.

I had this question one day so I hoped is to catch room. It really become frustrating when ash release all these becomes. It really become old and we already know he will not have them so why he should take all of them so he can release them. At least one two or few of them stay with him will be great. I really thought that poipole will be such as hoshigumo and It really happened and the same will be with Meltan which I think wl be the new become tht enjoyed ash in this season after all of hoshigumo and poipole

I mean, it's hard to fathom why some fans get hung-up on Ash "releasing" something that isn't even his to begin with. I could understand why Poipole's departure made some viewers angry, but Ash had no claim on Nebby or Rotom.

It'll probably stay with Kukui and serve as his assistant or assist other Trainers in the same way it has done for Ash. Perhaps it'll say that it loves Alola and cant bear to leave. It won't be difficult leaving it behind and such. Like @martianmister said, I'm more concerned at how they'll handle Ash's Z-Crystals and Z-Ring. Then again though, we don't even know how those will be handled in Gen 8.

I don't see why he wouldn't bring his Z-ring and the crystals along. After all, it's not like Mega Evolution where to use it, you need a Pokemon that can Mega evolve. With Z-moves, all you need is to have a Pokemon know a move for that type (and the right move for species specific ones).

Rotom is my sister's favorite character so I'm scared to see what will happen to him. I always thought his pokedex would break in an arc and it can't be fixed till Ash leaves maybe?

As for his Z-Rings, its the same concept, it uses so much energy it just shatters or whatever, and since he's leaving, there's no need for another.

I mean, it's hard to fathom why some fans get hung-up on Ash "releasing" something that isn't even his to begin with. I could understand why Poipole's departure made some viewers angry, but Ash had no claim on Nebby or Rotom.

Thank you very much for replying in my post and I mostly agree with you but it really become frustration. Why he should got greninja, and the other Dragon in xy why if he will release them. If he will have aibom why always he should leave or trade or release these types of pokemon. I am not asking for multi pokemon just few of these pokemon will be great. Idea got most unforgivable pusedo legendary pokemon which is dragonite and glad that she didn't catch the one who fighter this dragonite which is hydrogen without reason or single match but no ash should take time to chat h to trading and them release them. It really more than frustrating. At this time will be the same for meltan

It will stay behind in Alola with Professor Kukui.

As for Ash's Z-Ring and Z-Crystals, he will probably put them some place then forget about them before heading back to Kanto. Or he will take them to Kanto but forget them in his house.

But why would Ash NOT take the Z-crystals to the next region? Sure he would only be able to do the electric one at first...
Of course, we have to remember, the ones he got pertain to the types of Pokemon that he obtained in Alola.

I'm sure, it will follow Ash to the rest of the next new adventures. Who in the hell will like to replacing a Pokédex that is inherit a Pokémon rather from the previous gen of Hand-held Pokédex, while you have your own personal dex that can explained everything especially that can speak on it own without needing to taking out the device to analysing?

I can guarantee, Rotom will be travelling with Ash from now ever since this series.

If Rotomdex is also in the Gen 8 games, then I don't see any reason why it wouldn't go with Ash to the next region in the anime. But I suspect the new games will have some new feature and Rotom will just become an assistant to Kukui or at least stay with him, it was already acquainted with him before SM anyway.

That, or it will get a role on Laki's tv show :p

It really depends on if Rotom Dex will be used in the next generation. If it does, then they'll keep Rotom Dex around, but if they just have another Pokedex in the games, then they'll find some way to write it out of the series. It wouldn't be too hard. They could say how it likes to explore the Alola region or be Professor Kukui's assistant or something like that. I'm kind of leading towards Rotom Dex not being in the next generation, if only because they could do something else with the Pokedex, but it could go either way at this point.

As for the Z-Crystals and Z-Ring, I'm more certain that Ash won't have them. I'm sure that there will be a way to use them in future games, but much like Mega Evolution, they won't be the center focus and there will be a new different gimmick that they'll focus on. I could easily see Ash's Z-Ring and Z-Crystals breaking after a big battle near the end of the series. Either that or they'll just be displayed in his room like some of his other items from different series and left there in favor of the new shiny gimmick.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom