• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh What will happen right after the Isle or Armor and the Crown Tundra original release?

Right after the Isle or Armor and Crown Tundra releases, what do you think might happen?

• Remastered Compilation of Generations I-VII Main Series Video Games

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

thomaswiencek

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Hey, what's happening with you guys? So, right after the original release of the Pokémon Sword & Shield Expansions Passes: The Isle of Armor and the Crown Tundra, we don't know what will happen. Do you think that it's a third, later and/or final Pokémon Sword & Shield Expansion Pass(es), a Diamond and Pearl remake, the Generation IX Pokémon main series video games, a Pokémon reboot from the original main series video games or original franchise, and/or anything else? But we'll see. Please let me know what you might think, thanks. ;)

I'm guessing Diamond and Pearl remakes will end up winning this poll....but personally I think we might get a second expansion pass for Sword and Shield instead.

I think it would pretty much have to be one or the other, as opposed to any of the other poll options. Gen 8 will have only been out for about a year by the time the Crown Tundra comes out, so there's no way we're looking at Gen 9 any time soon. And some segments of fandom have been forecasting a big "reboot" for a while for whatever reason, but I don't think there'd be much sense in that since new Pokémon games are always very self-contained anyway. This isn't a continuity-heavy franchise, and the only baggage is in the technical stuff like the number of species, moves, abilities, and items which could all be trimmed down without necessitating a total clean slate.

So DP remakes or another expansion are the only options I can picture, and personally I'm leaning a little more toward DP.

I'm guessing that it'll be Sinnoh remakes but after that I can see GF making a "complete edition" version of SwSh with all the DLC and graphical improvements to the original game. :unsure:

Although most people seem to wish for gen 4 remake, I'm not really sure that it'll gonna happen. Instead, they might doing some kind of reboot which they seem like doing nowadays for some reason. I wish I'm wrong though.

Whatever it is, I just hope they don't rush gen 9.

Gen 9 will happen eventually, I don't see any reboots happening anytime during the Switch's cycle since Dexit was technically a reboot, the only things I see happening is either another Gen 8 DLC pass or a Diamond and Pearl remake.

I do not think we will get only another DLC pass. I can see GameFreak doing both a pass and a second pair of games, however, I don't think the DLC passes have enough content to justify only having one pair of games in the generation.

I figure we will probably see DPPt remakes with a possibility of a third DLC pass.

I don't think another DLC is likely, since thematically there shouldn't be anything stronger or beter than "Crown" which is also promising all the legendaries and deep lore. However, Game Freak could pull out one in case the next game's production schedule turns out problematic for whatever reason...*coughs* and they can't complete the game for November 2021.

As for the next game, Gen4 remakes seems the most likely option to make all the Pokémon available as well as pleasing fans.

Last edited:
I don't think another DLC is likely, since thematically there shouldn't be anything stronger or beter than "Crown" which is also promising all the legendaries and deep lore. However, Game Freak could pull out one in case the next game's production schedule turns out problematic for whatever reason...*coughs*

As for the next game, Gen4 remakes seems the most likely option to make all the Pokémon available as well as pleasing fans.

Crown just refers to a geographical location I think

Also, aren't there still going to be some Pokemon missing? I think a hundred return in June and then another hundred in the fall

I feel we might get another expansion(s) depending on the sales, and/or Gen IV remakes hopefully.

However, Game Freak could pull out one in case the next game's production schedule turns out problematic for whatever reason...*coughs*
Well, considering the Pokémon series has had troubled productions right from the start, it wouldn't be surprising. I mean, they almost lost all the progress in the games once. And that's not counting GS, and whatever happened to DP.

Also, aren't there still going to be some Pokemon missing? I think a hundred return in June and then another hundred in the fall

This might seem off topic but it’ll get there, bare with me...

Originally I felt like the dex cut was most likely about trying to balance the games better, particularly as Sword and Shield made a lot of qol improvements for competitive players. Looking at a lot of the Pokémon that are supposed to be returning in Isle of Armor I now find that hard to believe.

It’s interesting that some of the models have minor differences that are barely noticeable. Originally I didn’t subscribe to the notion that something went wrong on the development side for them to need to “remake the models from scratch” but that really seems more likely now. With this in mind most Pokémon will be back with the release of the Crown Tundra DLC, but not quite all of them.

I think that the talk about no national dex being standard in future was more about testing the water for what was needed - after all Let’s Go got away with it with most people not caring as it was a different feel to the typical mainline games.

So to my mind another full game in this gen which restores the last of the missing Pokémon but not requiring a lot more new Pokémon makes the most sense. To that end I think that Sinnoh remakes are the most likely next step - there’s every chance of something like a Let’s Go style game or another DLC package between now and then but I really think Sinnoh remakes are most likely next.

I’m sure someone will point out issues with my thinking by pointing out things that have been said in interviews, but honestly I think that the marketing approach for this gen has been so focused on secrecy that I don’t think any interviews from the past few years can be held for much real credibility. Obviously this is all just opinion, but it’s what my gut is telling me.

I figure we will probably see DPPt remakes with a possibility of a third DLC pass.

While I'm not really expecting more DLC for Sword & Shield beyond IOA/CT, I do think that any hypothetical Diamond & Pearl remakes might get their own DLC pass - maybe one focused around Mythical Pokémon, to evoke the old in-game events.

If any Paid DLC for Sinnoh remakes includes the Azure flute and Hall of Origins I’d laugh so hard! Admittedly in a slightly despairing way...

Also, although they’ve said that there won’t be a third version I can imagine them releasing a physical edition that includes the DLC preloaded as a Sword/Shield Plus or some nonsense.

Also, although they’ve said that there won’t be a third version I can imagine them releasing a physical edition that includes the DLC preloaded as a Sword/Shield Plus or some nonsense.
Don't give them any ideas. I didn't like it when Capcom and Bandai did it (even though getting things late worked in the end for me), and I don't think I would like it when they do it.

I’ve seen too many games do a “definitive edition” to just not expect it.

I’ve seen too many games do a “definitive edition” to just not expect it.
I don't know. The games that I felt that didn't really need it (or at least where the DLC was easy to get for me), end up getting it (like Street Fighter IV or Injustice), but other games where it's borderline impossible to get the DLC for me don't end up getting one (like JJBA: All Star Battle or PSASBR).

So I guess this is bitterness at that situation.

I don’t think we’ll be getting an announcement of anything new anytime soon. Not even after Crown Tundra releases in the fall. I think DP remakes will be announced late 2020 at the earliest, but it’s possible that COVID-19 could delay development so they may push it back.

I voted Diamond and Pearl remakes. I could easily see them doing a third DLC for Sw/Sh if the first expansion pass does well though. Maybe they could do both in 2021.

To tell you the truth, the future may be the WORST one ever. After TEN generations, the Pokemon franchise will be completely rebooted. This may put an end to the Anime altogether.

I recommend that nobody should talk of this until a possible announcement.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom