• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh What will happen right after the Isle or Armor and the Crown Tundra original release?

Right after the Isle or Armor and Crown Tundra releases, what do you think might happen?

• Remastered Compilation of Generations I-VII Main Series Video Games

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
lmagine believing in Pokemon Stars in this day and age.

lmfao can you not read? I'm not saying that Pokemon Stars is coming. I'm saying if they were working on porting it over, it would make sense to include it as a DLC to Swoosh as opposed to releasing it as a standalone game. That said, even if the release of USUM disproved the release of Pokemon Stars, it still doesn't change the fact that it was something they may have worked on or something that they could do now.

lmfao can you not read? I'm not saying that Pokemon Stars is coming. I'm saying if they were working on porting it over, it would make sense to include it as a DLC to Swoosh as opposed to releasing it as a standalone game. That said, even if the release of USUM disproved the release of Pokemon Stars, it still doesn't change the fact that it was something they may have worked on or something that they could do now.
First of all, it was a joke.
Second of all, I was referring to this:
The Pokemon Stars rumor? That was one guy saying that on Eurogamer, and he was disproved when USUM came out.

Stars is dead.
Your argument can also be used against remakes.

As far as the idea of adding whole regions as DLC content in general stands, I don't really see Game Freak going for that. I think they'd rather just add on to and build up the current region - seemingly a far less technically daunting task since these adjuncts to Galar are much smaller than the whole of any given region. Remember, this is the stuff that's supposed to tide people over while they work on the next full-scale projects. They aren't the full-scale projects unto themselves.

As far as the idea of adding whole regions as DLC content in general stands, I don't really see Game Freak going for that. I think they'd rather just add on to and build up the current region - seemingly a far less technically daunting task since these adjuncts to Galar are much smaller than the whole of any given region. Remember, this is the stuff that's supposed to tide people over while they work on the next full-scale projects. They aren't the full-scale projects unto themselves.
Yeah. I'm inclined to agree. I don't think that they would ever put a full region in as DLC.

I'd say that after BoTW, a lot of 1st parties Nintendo games have had at around two "series" of DLC updates, whether free or paid.
I wouldn't be surprised if SwSh has one more DLC update after Crown Tundra, especially since I'm more than sure that not all Pokemon are going to be made available by its release.
There should be enough for one more update, so whether that coincides with another set of paid updates or is just a free "last horah" before the gen 4 remakes are up for debate. That includes if another Dex update would even happen.

The Sword and Shield DLC is interestingly marketed as two pieces: Isle of Armour and Crown Tundra.
Yeah, I took it as they did the Smash Bros. DLC as they tend to make each fighter release as being separate content releases (as they come with additional stages and spirits and whatnot). I think the BoTW DLC was similar, with the first one being spread out and had its updates released in bits too, but I'm not 100% on that. I do know that the Fire Emblem DLC is released in Waves, though I think the pass for that has only required a single purchase so far.

I'm comparing it to the Animal Crossing updates, even if that's hard to do because of those updates being so frequent.

I'd say that after BoTW, a lot of 1st parties Nintendo games have had at around two "series" of DLC updates, whether free or paid.
I wouldn't be surprised if SwSh has one more DLC update after Crown Tundra, especially since I'm more than sure that not all Pokemon are going to be made available by its release.
There should be enough for one more update, so whether that coincides with another set of paid updates or is just a free "last horah" before the gen 4 remakes are up for debate. That includes if another Dex update would even happen.
I find it doubtful that Sword and Shield will get any DLC after the Expansion Pass.

I'm comparing it to the Animal Crossing updates, even if that's hard to do because of those updates being so frequent.

It’s not a bad comparison; a lot of the Animal Crossing updates are limited time events, just like the Max Raid dens that change weekly.

Granted, there are a ton of big updates in AC, while we only know of two major ones in SWSH. But both game franchises are frequently doing updates that change the experience.

I’m on the fence on whether we’ll see more than two areas in the Expansion Pass. Under normal circumstances, I’d say that we’d get just the two, and then an announcement for a sequel/remake/new game. But with the pandemic, I can see where they’d find it easier to do at least one more piece of biggish DLC as opposed to a major release.

Comparing the Pokémon DLC to the Animal Crossing updates really doesn’t seem fair to me at all. The Animal Crossing updates are generally adding very little each time and has been done to try to keep people’s interest in the game for a longer time and discourage “time travelling” through changing the system’s clock to get to events quicker.

it’s not entirely unfair to say that the Animal Crossing updates are similar to the Event raids in that all of those things could have been included in the base game but have instead been rolling in to stretch the interest in the game for a longer time but to compare ACNH to the Pokémon, BotW or Smash DLC isn’t a fair comparison.

personally I’d say that the Pokémon DLC does seem most comparable to BotW - two main packs being delivered several months apart with a few bonus gifts available early. I’m BotW this was the Switch shirt and a bit of treasure on the plateau which if I remember correctly was available early for anyone who bought the DLC early similar to the Pikachu and Eevee bonus costumes.

I don’t think there will be any more DLC of any significance after the Crown Tundra based on this similarity to BotW and the likelihood that Gamefreak would likely be switching more resources to developing the next Pokémon game rather than make more DLC.

I wonder what they'll do after the remakes, though.

Could they get a DLC? I mean, Gamefreak has a DLC-team now, like many other studios.

I don't see the impossibility of another DLC happening after the Crown Tundra, given that we're in the "anything can happen" era. But I do agree that a third DLC pack is unlikely. It would be nice though, to shut the Dexit people up.

As for what's coming next, even Gamefreak is aware that millions of people want and anticipate Diamond and Pearl remakes soon, so I do wonder in what manner they'll deliver on that. Pokemon has been known to surprise us, so I'd say to expect the unexpected when it comes to going back to Sinnoh.

But logically, those are what would be next. 増田さん has stated not to expect another Let's Go style game just yet, but I'm looking at the DP remakes with the same headspace that GF was in when they decided to do B2W2 instead of Grey. Think about that.

To answer another question related to the prior comparison: yes, all ACNH updates are free. They have not stated their intention to do DLC packs, and are instead, releasing new content in drops twice a month, for free, with anticipated content planned for the next 3 years.

I don't see the impossibility of another DLC happening after the Crown Tundra, given that we're in the "anything can happen" era. But I do agree that a third DLC pack is unlikely. It would be nice though, to shut the Dexit people up.

As for what's coming next, even Gamefreak is aware that millions of people want and anticipate Diamond and Pearl remakes soon, so I do wonder in what manner they'll deliver on that. Pokemon has been known to surprise us, so I'd say to expect the unexpected when it comes to going back to Sinnoh.

But logically, those are what would be next. 増田さん has stated not to expect another Let's Go style game just yet, but I'm looking at the DP remakes with the same headspace that GF was in when they decided to do B2W2 instead of Grey. Think about that.

To answer another question related to the prior comparison: yes, all ACNH updates are free. They have not stated their intention to do DLC packs, and are instead, releasing new content in drops twice a month, for free, with anticipated content planned for the next 3 years.
While not as loud or toxic about it as others, I still consider myself to be somewhat of a 'Dexiteer'; I understand their points and I understand the disappointment about a whole lot of things Sword/Shield related. A lot of it being valid, as well. I'm a 'passionate' fan of the main-series games, so it feels like a scratch on the soul, really.

So, the sentence I bolded kind of went into my windpipe. I don't want to have all the Pokémon available to me because of spite, but because of listening to a big part of the fanbase. It's not 'just' for the toxic folks, it's for all of us. And not even something unrealistic to ask for.

The issue might not be a big deal to you, but for others it seriously hampers their enjoyment of the games. Myself included.

Then there are also points like difficulty; Pandering to 'children', even though children play hard and competitive games nowadays. Graphics; The Switch can do much and much better and worst of all: The lack of actual endgame-content and non-linear exploration.

index.php

This image still gives me PTSD.

Attachments

• E3-2019-Nintendo-Treehouse-Live-Poke-Sword-and-Shield-01.jpg
    E3-2019-Nintendo-Treehouse-Live-Poke-Sword-and-Shield-01.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
So, the sentence I bolded kind of went into my windpipe. I don't want to have all the Pokémon available to me because of spite, but because of listening to a big part of the fanbase. It's not 'just' for the toxic folks, it's for all of us. And not even something unrealistic to ask for.

Exactly. I feel like some of the people complaining about dexiters are seriously ignoring the fact that there are legitimate reasons why it is a source of unhappiness and are in that sense enabling GF.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom