• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh What will happen right after the Isle or Armor and the Crown Tundra original release?

Right after the Isle or Armor and Crown Tundra releases, what do you think might happen?

• Remastered Compilation of Generations I-VII Main Series Video Games

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I hope that it will make GameFreak realize third versions are unnecessary. Other than BW2 (Goated games btw), they have all been enhanced copies, with USUM being an all time low, even going so far as making characters a downgrade in terms of characterization (BUt in general, I think SM and USUM were an all-time low point for the Pokémon Franchise in terms of games).

And with no third versions to make, they should potentially have more time left to invest elsewhere. Either in DLC to add to the existing game or for new games. (Be it remakes or a completely new gen at that point.)

I hope that it will make GameFreak realize third versions are unnecessary. Other than BW2 (Goated games btw), they have all been enhanced copies, with USUM being an all time low, even going so far as making characters a downgrade in terms of characterization (BUt in general, I think SM and USUM were an all-time low point for the Pokémon Franchise in terms of games).

And with no third versions to make, they should potentially have more time left to invest elsewhere. Either in DLC to add to the existing game or for new games. (Be it remakes or a completely new gen at that point.)
They pretty much said expansions are being made instead of third versions, so I wouldn't worry about that.

My only concern would be the amount of features. I saw the 'features'-list of USUM yesterday, it was quite barebones (OMG! Stickers and photographs!). I fear the features of the Isle of Armor will go down the same road.

Last edited:
late, but part of me really hopes there isn't a third DLC. there's already a lot of concerns about the $90 price tag + Home + Switch Online. adding on another $30 DLC (let's assume it'll be the same price) would have people balking. $120 for a pokemon game would be a lot to ask, even if it had every single pokemon returning.

late, but part of me really hopes there isn't a third DLC. there's already a lot of concerns about the $90 price tag + Home + Switch Online. adding on another $30 DLC (let's assume it'll be the same price) would have people balking. $120 for a pokemon game would be a lot to ask, even if it had every single pokemon returning.
It would be a part of the SwSh expansion ,not another expansion.

I can't see them doing more Sword and Shield DLC.

I'm pretty sure they won't add anything else to the IoA and CT package. New DLCs would most probably be sold separately. Whether they'll be worth it would depend on the amount of content in them so we will need to wait for IoA and CT to see the precedence they'll set.

I agree. I think the Sword/Shield pricing situation is problematic as it is, specially when compared to the 3DS era and some aspects of the Sword and Shield games. $90 for the "full" Pokémon experience is already becoming too much to ask. Specially since the other countries usually face higher pricing and stuff like exorbitant import duties.

hard disagree, if they do any more DLC it would most likely be charged separately to the current expansion pass - they’ve very clearly been selling the expansion pass as just IoA and CT. When people know that’s what they’re buying this time round why would they include more for “free”?

it’s one of the main reasons I think a third piece of DLC is unlikely, if there is more would it be just one more sold at half the price of the first expansion pass or would it be another two parts to keep the same pricing or worse just one piece and still using the same pricing?

I'm wondering how the last 250 or so Pokémon will get included, if at all. Free update coming with a potential remake? Second DLC pass?

A second pass would only be a problem if they're not worth the price. Lots of games have all kinds of DLC and go way above the 90 dollar pricing.

Last edited:
I really think the last of the missing Pokémon will be patched in with a remake of Diamond and Pearl just to make trading between them easier, but I have nothing to base that on other than gut feeling.

I'm wondering how the last 250 or so Pokémon will get included, if at all. Free update coming with a potential remake? Second DLC pass?

A second pass would only be a problem if they're not worth the price. Lots of games have all kinds of DLC and go way above the 90 dollar pricing.

2019 - Sword and Shield release with about 450 (435 iirc)
2020 - Armour and Crown add over 200 so end on around 650/675
2021 - Diamond and Pearl remakes with further updates including to SwSh adding another 200 so ~890

I'm certain by the end of the generation all mons will eventually be available, in the original SwSh

2019 - Sword and Shield release with about 450 (435 iirc)
2020 - Armour and Crown add over 200 so end on around 650/675
2021 - Diamond and Pearl remakes with further updates including to SwSh adding another 200 so ~890

I'm certain by the end of the generation all mons will eventually be available, in the original SwSh
I don't think that they're not going to do that, because they have never updated new Pokemon or forms into the base gens. XY was never updated to include all of ORAS's new Megas and SM was never updated to add all of the new Pokemon that USUM added. In my opinion, the only way Sword & Shield can include all of the Pokemon is through more DLC Expansion Passes.

I don't think that they're not going to do that, because they have never updated new Pokemon or forms into the base gens. XY was never updated to include all of ORAS's new Megas and SM was never updated to add all of the new Pokemon that USUM added. In my opinion, the only way Sword & Shield can include all of the Pokemon is through more DLC Expansion Passes.
Well to be fair, this is likely due to the fact that DLC for the main games was previously thought to be a non-option. Now that we know DLC is an option, patching in the old Pokémon once other games release doesn’t seem too far fetched to me.

Well to be fair, this is likely due to the fact that DLC for the main games was previously thought to be a non-option. Now that we know DLC is an option, patching in the old Pokémon once other games release doesn’t seem too far fetched to me.
I still can't see them patching in older Pokemon, as that would put people off of buying the new games. That's why I think that GF never did it.

I still can't see them patching in older Pokemon, as that would put people off of buying the new games. That's why I think that GF never did it.
Well they’re two different things, though. New Pokémon/Forms weren’t patched in, but old Pokémon are a different story that we don’t really have precedent for.

I'd want to think that with GameFreak looking to adding DLC to their games, they would update SwSh when the Gen 4 remakes come out so you can trade any removed gen 4 Pokemon between the two. Nonetheless, I can see them falling back on old habits and not updating SwSh to make it compatible with the Gen 4 remakes to avoid it eating into their sales number.
"Pokemon is a game about collecting, so if you can have all of the Pokemon in one game, then there's no reason they'd buy an additional game in a generation!" is a justification I can perceive them come up with, at least internally. They have introduced new forms, and even new Pokemon, in follow-up games in the last two generations, adding to the notion that they want to incentivize people to buy more than just the flagship games in a given Generation.

I'd want to think that with GameFreak looking to adding DLC to their games, they would update SwSh when the Gen 4 remakes come out so you can trade any removed gen 4 Pokemon between the two. Nonetheless, I can see them falling back on old habits and not updating SwSh to make it compatible with the Gen 4 remakes to avoid it eating into their sales number.
"Pokemon is a game about collecting, so if you can have all of the Pokemon in one game, then there's no reason they'd buy an additional game in a generation!" is a justification I can perceive them come up with, at least internally. They have introduced new forms, and even new Pokemon, in follow-up games in the last two generations, adding to the notion that they want to incentivize people to buy more than just the flagship games in a given Generation.
Yeah, and they've also used this excuse to justify removing several well liked features.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom