• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh What will happen right after the Isle or Armor and the Crown Tundra original release?

Right after the Isle or Armor and Crown Tundra releases, what do you think might happen?

• Remastered Compilation of Generations I-VII Main Series Video Games

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm hoping that SwSh are the only games to be released this generation. Continuing to expand the current games sounds far more promising to me than another remake(Honestly I'd rather just get gen 4 in an e-shop than a remake anyways.) I'm particularly happy to see more co-op gameplay being explored and am cautiously optimistic that we might see that further developed in the series.

Looking at the sales data on wikipedia, the non-debut games of a generation never sell as well as the debut games(ORAS did come very close though.) SwSh have sold very well, that's a lot of investment bias that may help sell dlc. Even at the same price point, I suspect you would see many newcomers to the series buy dlc when they would ignore a new game, there is a fine line between being invested in a game and being invested in the series. If you can get the dlc to sell at similar numbers to the remakes and 3rd versions then the dlc is a better business move as it takes far less resources to develop.

I'm curious if gamefreak has considered doing dlc of other regions. You don't have to remake diamond and pearl to create Sinnoh in the SwSh engine. Honestly I'd love if we could get LGPE's rendition of Kanto in SwSh(I doubt this would happen as it likely wouldn't sell very well, but I'd love it none the less)

Next games will be pokemon grey or z or xyz or stars or ultra space or ultra stars or kanto remakes or LG Johto(yeah I know they said no let's go games are planned, but they could easily change their plans or maybe they lied about it cuz of course) or SwSh sequels or gen 9 and I won't be convinced otherwise until GF makes an official announcement

Z will never happen. Neither will stars. We already got Kanto remakes.

Z will never happen. Neither will stars. We already got Kanto remakes.
In case I didn't make it clear I was kidding
I choose to refuse to believe that. Tho I'm sure DP remakes, gen 9 and SwSh sequels are the only possibilities, with DP remakes being the most likely to happen
I just don't want sinnoh but with how many ppl are wanting I'm guessing GF will do the same thing they did with ORAS, unless japanese fans actually want something else.

Japanese fans are actually not that different.

Many people have some kind of rose-coloured opinion on the Japanese part of the fanbase, or something, while they have more vocal elements expressing the same opinions as the western fanbase, as well.

Last edited:
But this isn't the problem with Dexit. This had always been the case with Pokemon. The problem is not being able to bring pokemon from your older games into the newer games even with paid services like Home.

Not all pokemon were available in XY and SM but you could bring them over from the earlier games. You can't do the same in Swoosh.

And they're fixing that now with the DLC from the looks of it.

The national dex crusaders show they just don't give a fuck and that they aren't fans. They just want to stir up trouble and be toxic.

The national dex crusaders show they just don't give a fuck and that they aren't fans. They just want to stir up trouble and be toxic.
The worse thing is, almost no fandom is safe from this. Just look at the Rock Band fandom, AKA the "it sucks because it doesn't appeal to me specifically" fandom. Or the people that want every single Smash to be Melee.

And they're fixing that now with the DLC from the looks of it.

Whether or not the DLC "fixes" the cut Pokemon is a bit complicated. Were the DLCs specifically created to fix the lack of Pokemon or were those Pokemon removed in order to make the DLCs and Pokemon Home more attractive to consumers? Besides, not all of the Pokemon are going be in the DLC, so some Pokemon will stay trapped in Pokemon Home until they are eventually added to a future game or update

There are definitely toxic/awful Nat Dexers, but generalizing them as "toxic" and saying there are not fans, is disingenuous and this type of attitude probably escalated the Dexit controversy in the first place. People don't respond well to being called "toxic" and I'm sure you wouldn't be happy if you were called a "shill" or some other buzz word like that. If humans were more willing to try learn and possibly work to address why people are upset with something rather than condemn them for being upset about something, toxic behavior would be far less common.

At the end of the day, I would have been fine with a dex cut, if Sword and Shield felt like enough of a marked improvement to justify the cutting of Pokemon like Monster Hunter World with the Monster Hunter series. Unfortunately, it did not.

I don't think it's strictly fandoms though, there are those who claim to be part of a fandom but actually whine when the fandom got what it wanted. And about the whole National Dex thing, I would've been more understanding so much earlier than now if they were been honest with us from the start.

Eh, some fandoms have it more than others.

RWBY and a big part of Pokémon's for example, are two of them.
Have you ever considered that this fanbase is very huge and encapsulates a very big amount of different people?

Anyway, as @Matthew Clerkin said; Calling them toxic and ignoring the essence of the story is a bit cheap in my eyes. It's tribal; Us against them.

We have no confirmation that all Pokémon will be obtainable in SwSh in the end, either. Around 250 are still unaccounted for after the expansion pass. Still enough of a reason to be slightly concerned.

Last edited:
Either way, it's not good to call all Nat Dexers toxic just because of that, in fact, many Anti-Nat Dexers were toxic as well.
Nobody is denying that. The whole situation has been pretty bad. This is why I keep neutral and won't join either side. And no matter how it ends, it will be a hollow victory in my opinion, of the "was it worth it?" kind.

...SwSh sequels are the only possibilities...
There will be no more games set in Galar this gen.
Yeah, I really don't see any more options for new pair of games outside of Sinnoh remakes. I don't see GameFreak making sequel or expanded versions of SwSh considering we just had something like that with USUM, GameFreak is updating Galar through the DLC which I feel gives the games more longevity, and because I don't see how they'd make a sequel/expanded version considering the past two tied in the third legendary to the story, which already happens in SwSh. And I can't see GameFreak ending this generation with only one pair of games in it because I feel that won't give them enough time to work on entirely new games. SwSh seemed somewhat rushed as is.

IDK how you got this from my post. I was literally just explaining how people against the dex cuts had a legitimate point.

Yeah, I really don't see any more options for new pair of games outside of Sinnoh remakes. I don't see GameFreak making sequel or expanded versions of SwSh considering we just had something like that with USUM, GameFreak is updating Galar through the DLC which I feel gives the games more longevity, and because I don't see how they'd make a sequel/expanded version considering the past two tied in the third legendary to the story, which already happens in SwSh. And I can't see GameFreak ending this generation with only one pair of games in it because I feel that won't give them enough time to work on entirely new games. SwSh seemed somewhat rushed as is.

I can still imagine something like “Crowned Sword” and “Armored Shield” being physically released versions of the games that include the DLC just as an excuse to try to squeeze a bit more money out of Galar. Technically not third versions or sequels so doesn’t go against their “no third version” announcement.

it’s not something I want them to do but can imagine it happening.

I can still imagine something like “Crowned Sword” and “Armored Shield” being physically released versions of the games that include the DLC just as an excuse to try to squeeze a bit more money out of Galar. Technically not third versions or sequels so doesn’t go against their “no third version” announcement.

it’s not something I want them to do but can imagine it happening.
I don't think they would do that.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom