• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh What will happen right after the Isle or Armor and the Crown Tundra original release?

Right after the Isle or Armor and Crown Tundra releases, what do you think might happen?

• Remastered Compilation of Generations I-VII Main Series Video Games

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Credible/true leaks have been few and far between, especially in recent generations.

that sort of thing does genuinely happen though - toy collectors often get product leaks as a result of premature preorder pages being found etc.

it’s generally smaller stores that it happens with. People tend to be much quicker to screengrab things like that then archiving them as a screen grab is a simple button push.

it is unfortunately very easy to mock up fake pages and product images these days though so there are often a lot of fakes like this too.
True, I should have been a little more specific- it's definitely not unheard of for an early preorder page, but for it to be 1) on what seems to be a pretty major retailer (even hosts the largest LAN events in the UK, according to Wikikpedia) and 2) a collection of mainline Pokemon games getting leaked seems to be pretty unlikely. Toys will have a lot more release dates and ad schedules to contend with, so it makes sense that people would get mixed up about what's been revealed and what hasn't. But in this scenario, the idea is that a person is putting up preorders for a collection of the major product for the highest grossing video game franchise in the world, and never once thinking "Huh, I haven't heard of this, am I sure I'm not leaking it?" Kind of hard to believe.

Saving a page on webarchive is pretty easy too, though- it's literally just copying the URL, pasting it on web.archive and pressing "save", then just linking their copy. I'd say that's about as much work as screencap, crop, save and upload. (Which is to say no effort at all)

80% points towards the direction of DP remakes with the Palkia nad Dialga balloons and Lucario centering the anime and product line having 25th year anniversary along with sinnoh products(chimchar card)... I have high hopes sinnoh remakes will happen next year... Hopefully they do a full camera control on whole sinnoh! They dont need it to be a wild area copy since sinnoh is so big they just need the camera control... Also what if the underground is the new wild area den place?

The only problem with sinnoh is its heavy reliance on HMs hopefully they fix that soon

80% points towards the direction of DP remakes with the Palkia nad Dialga balloons and Lucario centering the anime and product line having 25th year anniversary along with sinnoh products(chimchar card)... I have high hopes sinnoh remakes will happen next year... Hopefully they do a full camera control on whole sinnoh! They dont need it to be a wild area copy since sinnoh is so big they just need the camera control... Also what if the underground is the new wild area den place?

The only problem with sinnoh is its heavy reliance on HMs hopefully they fix that soon
Luckily, most of Sinnoh's issues were either fixed in Platinum or are easily fixable now in generation 8. I do hope the bicycle isn't used for surfing and the like. That really put me off. It would be more awesome if you could register some of your (eligible) Pokémon to use in the overworld.

I think that Gen 9 will be the next games.
It would be the smallest jump from generation to generation; Only 2 years. Even the gameboy era had 3 years between generations.

A whole set of new assets and models needs to be made for new generations, starting from scratch; the concept-phase. Remakes obviously have a smaller concept-phase.

I don't see it happening. Especially because of the 3D-design on the Switch console.

It would be the smallest jump from generation to generation; Only 2 years. Even the gameboy era had 3 years between generations.

A whole set of new assets and models needs to be made for new generations, starting from scratch; the concept-phase. Remakes obviously have a smaller concept-phase.

I don't see it happening. Especially because of the 3D-design on the Switch console.
I expect Gen 9 in 2022, with 2021 being a gap year.

I expect Gen 9 in 2022, with 2021 being a gap year.
We know Ohmori and Masuda have been working on a new title since before SwSh released, and the DLC team took over. I think it's bold to assume we won't see anything next year. They would've done more DLC if that were the case, but they've actually wrapped that up with the collector's edition and all.

We know Ohmori and Masuda have been working on a new title since before SwSh released, and the DLC team took over. I think it's bold to assume we won't see anything next year. They would've done more DLC if that were the case, but they've actually wrapped that up with the collector's edition and all.
We could have a collection of old titles.

Those aren't done by the core team and don't need new assets. They don't substitute main games, and (credible) leakers have already said that a new main game will arrive next year. That's obviously no certainty whatsoever, but it's something.
It could possibly be another Let's Go title.

Pokémon Kanto4Ever in 2021 yes.

In all seriousness, if the leakers are right about a release next year, I think we have some sorta pandemic going on, so development might easily have gotten behind on schedule. A release date that had been planned might have been pushed back already. And none of us would know.

I also don't think they would use a remake as the release for the 25th anniversary, it's just not as festive as something new.

On the other hand, there are rumours about both a 'Switch Pro' and BotW 2 being released next year. These are just rumours of course, but a console release would be great for a new generation. Put BotW 2 on it, a Pokémon game, something Mario, there you go, a nice starting library

It's all speculation of course

Pokémon Kanto4Ever in 2021 yes.

In all seriousness, if the leakers are right about a release next year, I think we have some sorta pandemic going on, so development might easily have gotten behind on schedule. A release date that had been planned might have been pushed back already. And none of us would know.

I also don't think they would use a remake as the release for the 25th anniversary, it's just not as festive as something new.

On the other hand, there are rumours about both a 'Switch Pro' and BotW 2 being released next year. These are just rumours of course, but a console release would be great for a new generation. Put BotW 2 on it, a Pokémon game, something Mario, there you go, a nice starting library

It's all speculation of course

Games that release in November are very hard to tie in with or feel part of the 25th anniversary in February. GF learnt this in 2016 when S/M really didn't feel linked to the 20th anniversary at all.

I think DP remakes in November, but they'll give us something else to celebrate in February/March, possibly this master collection rumour.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom