• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh What will happen right after the Isle or Armor and the Crown Tundra original release?

Right after the Isle or Armor and Crown Tundra releases, what do you think might happen?

• Remastered Compilation of Generations I-VII Main Series Video Games

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Take anything Gamefreak has said with a grain of salt, since they also said no DLC.

They said that ages ago. Much more recently after USUM came out, the director of those games indicated when asked in an interview that it was an idea they were at least open to, saying they "think about what the most appropriate method would be" every time they make a new game.

At any rate, here's what Masuda said about more Let's Go-style games: "So, at the moment there's no particular plans, but if the fans really like it then definitely keep those voices coming out to the Pokémon Company and Nintendo, and make sure we hear them! We wanna hear those comments!" It's a pretty generic statement, not foreclosing on the idea but not suggesting that anything's in the works because even if there was, they wouldn't tell you.

Last edited:
They said no DLC before they knew they were going to develop for the Switch. The no Let's Go games is still true for now since they already had one for the Switch.

While I agree that GameFreak will most likely make DPPt remakes in the style of SwSh, I think there's more to it than gen 4's lack of iconicness compared to gen 1. I think it's also because LGPE was meant to appeal to young children and GO players. There will be no need to make DPPt remakes Let's Go games, in my opinion, because they won't be made to appeal to that specific demographic--they'll be more general like SwSh--as there is no need to now with LGPE already out.

I agree that it will almost certainly be a traditional experience. It was more of just a cautionary musing.

I don't see them doing another DLC for Sword and Shield, I just don't. Why announce two DLC's coming only to announce a third later on - its also quite a bit like flogging a dead horse (which I expect SWSH will become new year depening on when Tundra is released.). DLC's arent realistically going to create tonnes of new content to allow people to spend a bunch of time if they've already hypothetically done everything in the game thus far before the DLC's release.

I'd say DLC's will run for the rest of the year, then come late Spring they'll announce DP remakes for Fall 2021.

Pokémon Sleep will probably be somewhere in the new year with an odd side game potentially filling out the downtime. between Tundra and DP remakes.

A reboot just isn't something I ever see them doing honestly, not for a long time. So even with 10 generations etc. I just don't see it.

Another thing to note is that either this gen or Gen 9 have to be four years along in order for Gen 10 to come out in the franchise' 30th anniversary year (2026).

Another thing to note is that either this gen or Gen 9 have to be four years along in order for Gen 10 to come out in the franchise' 30th anniversary year (2026).
They can’t base their entire time table around anniversaries. Seeing that GameFreak celebrated the 20th anniversary for 3 years. They’ll end up celebrating one anniversary or the other always. Not to mention development on the Switch is intensive. See: Dexit.
There’s a limit to which a small staff can churn out games. An anniversary game on x anniversary might become a thing of the past.

The notion that game anniversaries have to happen often is a completely lame notion anyways. Other franchises don't even release anniversary games every 5 years in the first place so why should Pokemon be the exception in the first place?

And before anybody says "because Pokemon has a different gameplay style", this has nothing to do with gameplay whatsoever.

Last edited:
There’s a limit to which a small staff can churn out games. An anniversary game on x anniversary might become a thing of the past.
As much as I want to the unsustainable annual releases to stop being a thing, I'm doubtful it will stop happening as long as the games keep selling.

If the TPC/ Game Freak upper management think an anniversary game can be made, they will probably attempt to get it made regardless it is sustainable for the workers to make it.

Between splitting their already small workforce between 2 pokemon games at one time and the Japenese work culture of working oneself extremely hard, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the employees are a bit overworked

Last edited:
As much as I want to the unsustainable annual releases to stop being a thing, I'm doubtful it will stop happening as long as the games keep selling.

If the TPC/ Game Freak upper management think an anniversary game can be made, they will probably attempt to get it made regardless it is sustainable for the workers to make it.

Between splitting their already small workforce between 2 pokemon games at one time and the Japenese work culture of working oneself extremely hard, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the employees are a bit overworked
Considering Sun and Moon and how those games turned out this is likely.

I’m honestly still skeptical that any main series games are released “in celebration of” any anniversary. I don’t think it was ever explicitly stated anywhere that the games were released to commemorate anything. As far as we know, they would have had the same release schedule regardless of what year it was. Maybe small aspects of the game were tie-ins, but surely not the games’ existence as a whole.

For anniversaries, TPCi usually holds marketing and merchandising campaigns. Maybe a spin-off title. They also hold events and invitationals. But as far as I know, they don’t claim that their main series games are tied to any kind of commemoration.

I’m honestly still skeptical that any main series games are released “in celebration of” any anniversary. I don’t think it was ever explicitly stated anywhere that the games were released to commemorate anything. As far as we know, they would have had the same release schedule regardless of what year it was. Maybe small aspects of the game were tie-ins, but surely not the games’ existence as a whole.

For anniversaries, TPCi usually holds marketing and merchandising campaigns. Maybe a spin-off title. They also hold events and invitationals. But as far as I know, they don’t claim that their main series games are tied to any kind of commemoration.
Sun and Moon was the only time they did that.

The SM announcement trailer was pretty anniversary-ey, but in general I think you are right. They’ve said that Let’s Go releasing around the 20th anniversary of Yellow was a lucky coincidence, for example. Though, while I do think you are right that we would see broadly the same release schedule regardless of anniversaries, part of me does wonder, if maybe they felt some kind of pressure from somewhere to release SM in 2016 as opposed to say 2017 since the 20th anniversary was going to be a big year for the franchise on all other fronts. I think there are some parts of the game that feel a little incomplete which that scenario might go some way towards explaining.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom