• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh What will happen right after the Isle or Armor and the Crown Tundra original release?

Right after the Isle or Armor and Crown Tundra releases, what do you think might happen?

• Remastered Compilation of Generations I-VII Main Series Video Games

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Exactly. I feel like some of the people complaining about dexiters are seriously ignoring the fact that there are legitimate reasons why it is a source of unhappiness and are in that sense enabling GF.
Not in my case. Most of the reasons I got disillusioned at the movement were due to the amount of bullying that started because of it. When people start attacking others for simply saying they want the games or wanting people that were possibly unrelated to the incident to get fired, you have every reason to stop caring about it.

Not in my case. Most of the reasons I got disillusioned at the movement were due to the amount of bullying that started because of it. When people start attacking others for simply saying they want the games or wanting people that were possibly unrelated to the incident to get fired, you have every reason to stop caring about it.
Honestly, same exact thing can be said about the other side of the spectrum, though. The auto-mutilating 'Don't bring back the national dex'-folks.

It's unavoidable with a fanbase this big. Sadly hard to ignore, but just try to see through it and stay constructive yourself. And you can still care about the point being made, just not the way it is being done.
Sadly, I'm past that... There's only so much jerkassery you can see before you go "fuck this" and stop caring.

Well I guess the good news is just because you have stopped caring for it doesn't mean that others will stop as well. :ROFLMAO:

If we see a third DLC release, what do you guys think it will be about and based on? Isle of Armor is based off the the Isle of Man (right?) and is about growth, while Crown Tundra is inspired by Scotland is based upon exploration. I'd say the themes of the two DLCs are somewhat similar, so I could see a third DLC following suit with another somewhat similar theme. Not certain what location it would be based upon though... Northern Ireland maybe?

Yeah, not everyone fell into the real life equivalent of darkness induced audience apathy.

What. Like I said, wanting the full pokedex is a valid concern and some turds on the internet being stupid about it doesn't make it any less so. Those turds are not reflective of the entirety of the fanbase or the people who want the full pokedex and its silly to think otherwise.

What. Like I said, wanting the full pokedex is a valid concern and some turds on the internet being stupid about it doesn't make it any less so. Those turds are not reflective of the entirety of the fanbase or the people who want the full pokedex and its silly to think otherwise.
I didn't say that. It's just more or less how I feel about PETA. I do agree with a lot of things they say (except about veganism), but their methods are what I disagree with, making me wary of groups like them, even most of the people I have met are environmentalists that also condemn PETA's methods.

What I'm trying to say is: No, I don't think the whole fanbase is like that, otherwise I would have left, but the situation got to the point I stopped caring. I'm not saying anyone should think like me, just that at least there are people that have not fallen into that amount of apathy and bitterness that I have fallen into.

EDIT: I guess I might change my mind if I was exposed to the right people...

their methods are what I disagree with, making me wary of groups like them

That is fair and I agree but they are not the only groups who want the same so to disregard a whole movement because of a small, unrepresentative portion of the population doesn't sit right with me.

Northern Ireland maybe?

Definitely and I'd say Ireland as well. What's interesting is that the Isle of Man isn't even part of the UK. This is what gives me hope for future DLCs. They can do so much with it.

And yea, I'm not shy about saying I want past regions made available as DLCs. A campaign in Unova or Kalos would be epic considering the intersections between the real world locations the regions are based on but I'm happy to just revisit them with key trainers getting updated teams. Will they do it? Unlikely, but I'm down for anything that gives us more content.

That is fair and I agree but they are not the only groups who want the same so to disregard a whole movement because of a small, unrepresentative portion of the population doesn't sit right with me.
Not so much this, as in "I'm tired of this going so long, I don't want to take part in this anymore". This is why I tend to stay neutral about most things (unless they are actually serious).

Definitely and I'd say Ireland as well. What's interesting is that the Isle of Man isn't even part of the UK. This is what gives me hope for future DLCs. They can do so much with it.

And yea, I'm not shy about saying I want past regions made available as DLCs. A campaign in Unova or Kalos would be epic considering the intersections between the real world locations the regions are based on but I'm happy to just revisit them with key trainers getting updated teams. Will they do it? Unlikely, but I'm down for anything that gives us more content.
The Isle of Man is owned by the UK.

The third expansion: ragnarock
The location: the world tree and the 9 realms
Theme: death and rebirth, that's how you go there, or use alchemy and make solgaleo and lunala create an eclipse and thus a portal to the underworld
This is a joke if you don't get it.

The wording in the direct does give me the impression that there might be a 3rd DLC.

The third expansion: ragnarock
The location: the world tree and the 9 realms
Theme: death and rebirth, that's how you go there, or use alchemy and make solgaleo and lunala create an eclipse and thus a portal to the underworld
I have the feeling this might be kinda prophetic down the line... Hopefully more in Knightwolf's way, and not the Marble leak's way.

The wording in the direct does give me the impression that there might be a 3rd DLC.
I think it will depend on the sales.

There was a lot of bullying on the other side too. People's well worded concerns were rebuffed with "you will buy these games anyway" and some people acting as if GameFreak should be "treated like your own kid who's taking baby steps" (yes, someone used that argument on me) and not as if they’re a corporation who operates for profits. We the consumers have power to speak out when a product is not to our liking and preventing people from speaking out is problematic, to say the least.

There were bad apples on both sides. Literally a single solitary 4chan troll made a Masuda allegation (we know which one) and that was used to label anyone in the support of the anti-Dexit folk as an entitled fool. It’s no use blaming only a single side for the issue.

There was a lot of bullying on the other side too. People's well worded concerns were rebuffed with "you will buy these games anyway" and some people acting as if GameFreak should be "treated like your own kid who's taking baby steps" (yes, someone used that argument on me) and not as if they’re a corporation who operates for profits. We the consumers have power to speak out when a product is not to our liking and preventing people from speaking out is problematic, to say the least.

There were bad apples on both sides. Literally a single solitary 4chan troll made a Masuda allegation (we know which one) and that was used to label anyone in the support of the anti-Dexit folk as an entitled fool. It’s no use blaming only a single side for the issue.
I did say in another post it brought the worst in everyone. And by that, I mean both sides. I'm seriously tired of it all, specially when I once saw people bring it in an unrelated site.

If we see a third DLC release, what do you guys think it will be about and based on? Isle of Armor is based off the the Isle of Man (right?) and is about growth, while Crown Tundra is inspired by Scotland is based upon exploration. I'd say the themes of the two DLCs are somewhat similar, so I could see a third DLC following suit with another somewhat similar theme. Not certain what location it would be based upon though... Northern Ireland maybe?

an Irish inspired area would have a lot of potential, but there is still a lot of political tension around Northern Ireland/Republic of Ireland over British rule that shouldnt really effect a game’s fictional setting but Gamefreak might want to stay very clear of.

A more Welsh area could be a nice idea too - I know there’s some posssible link to Spikemouth and Llandudno, but having travelled around the UK quite a bit I got more of a Blackpool vibe from Spikemouth - although it’s missing something based on Blackpool tower to be the obvious inspiration. With that in mind more of a central Welsh based area could be cool lore wise.

another area I’d like to see represented would be something more like Cornwall and the Cornish coast in particular. This would be particularly good lore wise as there’s a lot of connections to King Arthur in Cornwall which the writers could build on with more Galar history.

if they want to go with another Island based area the Hebrides are a logical inspiration as they could theoretically be beyond the crown Tundra and build on stuff introduced in Crown Tundra.

I have family connections to the Isle of Wight so I’d really like something based on that - I actually thought IoA was based on Isle of Wight from the name until more details emerged. I think using the Isle of Wight is unlikely though as it would probably be too similar to IoA.

If there is more DLC I would love it if Gamefreak included an explicit mention of the next gen’s region. Given the England has a past filled with exploration and colonisation there are links to so many real life countries that having someone from the next region being in Galar and hinting at links between the region would be a great bit of world building.

The Isle of Man?

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom