• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh What will happen right after the Isle or Armor and the Crown Tundra original release?

Right after the Isle or Armor and Crown Tundra releases, what do you think might happen?

• Remastered Compilation of Generations I-VII Main Series Video Games

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
But they're creating something they want you to buy. You stated 'same-generation-but-different-game'-exclusivity of certain forms/Pokémon as an argument for buying the game, but people without the expansion are still able to get the old-new Pokémon, making your point invalid.
They only did it because the only alternative would be to lock those Pokemon to only being used in the Isle of Armor/Crown Tundra, which would be flat out nonsensical.

And how's that a selling point? Anyway, the argument doesn't hold up, as we're getting no third versions but expansions WITH new Pokémon and forms which are transferable.

Remakes never had new forms as selling points, the remastered region was always the selling point itself. The experience. Look at Heartgold/Soulsilver, for example.

That's definitely what it should be, but the animated trailer for ORAS would disagree with you.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw6zP7n0ais

Half of the length of that animated trailer was dedicated to showing off the new mega evolutions added to ORAS, rather than showing the protagonists traveling around the Hoenn region and featuring a couple of mega evolutions along the way. The BW2 animated trailer focused on some of the new/revamped gym leader battles as well as some other major encounters. That is what an animated trailer should be like.

They only did it because the only alternative would be to lock those Pokemon to only being used in the Isle of Armor/Crown Tundra, which would be flat out nonsensical.
They wouldn't have to lock those Pokemon just to the DLC locations. They could easily make it so that only those returning Pokemon with a Galar marker can be traded into Galar from HOME, forcing players to either trade for Galar bred Pokemon or purchase the expansion pass, similarly to the (nonsensical) decision to make Mew not transferable from GO to LGPE, forcing players to either trade for it or purchase the Pokeball Plus.
And, you guys are also treating the Expansion Pass like it's a completely new Pokemon game, when it is not.
While this is true, why would restricting returning Pokemon to the second pair of games in this generation increase those game sales but restricting returning Pokemon to the expansion passes not increase pass sales? I don't think new games and the expansion passes are so different that whatever encourages game sales would fail to encourage DLC sales.

The bottom line is, while I think it's more likely that GameFreak won't patch in the additional Pokemon in DPPt remakes (or whatever comes next this generation) to SwSh, I don't think it would be a ploy to increase sales of the new games. Not only are additional Pokemon not exactly deal-makers--even though they do play a major role in (some) game purchasing decisions I doubt most people with no desire to purchase the secondary gen 8 games would change their mind based solely on the fact that some Pokemon are returning--if they were that marketable, GameFreak would have probably placed similar restrictions on the returning Pokemon in the passes to encourage pass sales, which hasn't happened. I think GameFreak not patching Pokemon to SwSh would probably be because they do not want to put in the work of patching in potentially hundreds of 'mons.

They wouldn't have to lock those Pokemon just to the DLC locations. They could easily make it so that only those returning Pokemon with a Galar marker can be traded into Galar from HOME, forcing players to either trade for Galar bred Pokemon or purchase the expansion pass, similarly to the (nonsensical) decision to make Mew not transferable from GO to LGPE, forcing players to either trade for it or purchase the Pokeball Plus.

While this is true, why would restricting returning Pokemon to the second pair of games in this generation increase those game sales but restricting returning Pokemon to the expansion passes not increase pass sales? I don't think new games and the expansion passes are so different that whatever encourages game sales would fail to encourage DLC sales.

The bottom line is, while I think it's more likely that GameFreak won't patch in the additional Pokemon in DPPt remakes (or whatever comes next this generation) to SwSh, I don't think it would be a ploy to increase sales of the new games. Not only are additional Pokemon not exactly deal-makers--even though they do play a major role in (some) game purchasing decisions I doubt most people with no desire to purchase the secondary gen 8 games would change their mind based solely on the fact that some Pokemon are returning--if they were that marketable, GameFreak would have probably placed similar restrictions on the returning Pokemon in the passes to encourage pass sales, which hasn't happened. I think GameFreak not patching Pokemon to SwSh would probably be because they do not want to put in the work of patching in potentially hundreds of 'mons.
DLC is different from a new game because it's just additional content and not meant to be a full experience, so it is smaller.

I still can't see them patching in older Pokemon, as that would put people off of buying the new games. That's why I think that GF never did it.
To get people to buy the new games, duh.
And, you guys are also treating the Expansion Pass like it's a completely new Pokemon game, when it is not.
DLC is different from a new game because it's just additional content and not meant to be a full experience, so it is smaller.
The argument for keeping Pokémon exclusive to DLC is stronger. People will buy the remakes anyway, but there needs to be additional incentive to buy the DLC since it is not meant "to be a full experience" and exclusive Pokémon will do that nicely. Yet they didn’t do that.

I could replace each instance of "new game" and "remake" in your quotes with "DLC" and the entire thing falls apart.

Remakes are made in the same engine, though, they never had to work on the models from scratch for those. That makes them far easier to patch. That's why trading from and to those games has always been possible, as well as battling in some cases.

DP remakes would basically be the expansions we're getting, but bigger and without access to Galar. From a technological standpoint.

They just never did it for the DS and 3DS games. This is also the Switch we're speaking of.

Last edited:
Not in my case. Most of the reasons I got disillusioned at the movement were due to the amount of bullying that started because of it. When people start attacking others for simply saying they want the games or wanting people that were possibly unrelated to the incident to get fired, you have every reason to stop caring about it.

The fandom was fighting over Dexit while GF were probably laughing their butts off because the games will still print money anyways.

The fact remains that Sword and Shield still sold well regardless of the controversy surrounding Dexit.

And this fact does worry me. Does it mean that the majority of Pokémon consumers are okay with taking "cuts" (eg. GF reusing old models despite stating they are reworking, Dexit, etc.) and will continue to support GF regardless? I would hope that we have a voice, but the numbers say otherwise.

And this fact does worry me. Does it mean that the majority of Pokémon consumers are okay with taking "cuts" (eg. GF reusing old models despite stating they are reworking, Dexit, etc.) and will continue to support GF regardless? I would hope that we have a voice, but the numbers say otherwise.
It's only the hardcore Pokemon fans who care about that stuff. It was a vocal minority that complained about Dexit. Some people even supported Dexit.

The game can be absolutely trash and they will still print money.

We'll probably get news of the next thing/title between january and may of 2021.

@RileyXY1 Not really; A lot of fans don't like it (the Dexit). It's not the only thing about the game though, so they might still buy it. Like me. Besides, lots of sales doesn't mean that no improvements have to be made or that no one has to monitor the community. Almost every big company has a marketing division watching the crowds.

I mean, personally I didn't care about the Dexit purely because I don't see certain animals in every spot of the world either. I'm kinda fine with Pokémon locked to certain areas/habitats for that bit of realism.

But the problem with Pokémon is that the fanbase is so huge there's always one minority that explodes over a decision very vocally while the others who don't just buy it.

And for Megas, we are in another timeline, where the weapon was shot, but it came down as Eternatus, and it's reason why Gigantamax is so similar to megas.

At least that's my crackpot theory.

I think you could adapt these lines from an episode of The Simpsons to picture more or less where we are:

Edna Krabappel: Are you saying that men and women are identical?
Skinner: Oh, no, of course not! Women are unique in every way.
Lindsey Naegle: Now he's saying men and women aren't equal!
Skinner: No, no, no! It's the differences of which there are none that makes the sameness exceptional. Just tell me what to say! (he starts to breathe heavily then pass out)

I mean, personally I didn't care about the Dexit purely because I don't see certain animals in every spot of the world either. I'm kinda fine with Pokémon locked to certain areas/habitats for that bit of realism.

But the problem with Pokémon is that the fanbase is so huge there's always one minority that explodes over a decision very vocally while the others who don't just buy it.
It's a game, though, where collecting is a huge thing. I hope you at least understand why many felt bad about it.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom