• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh What will happen right after the Isle or Armor and the Crown Tundra original release?

Right after the Isle or Armor and Crown Tundra releases, what do you think might happen?

• Remastered Compilation of Generations I-VII Main Series Video Games

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think it's a fair statement that USUM (without Exp. Share) are at least the hardest games in the last decade even if we ignore the Necrozma cheapness. Reverting back to gyms was a mistake (although double battle gyms with two types could work just as well).

I wouldn't expect a difficulty boost for any game but a third version (which should be a dead concept by now), as those are meant for the more hardcore players. I guess that the Multi Battle facility might serve that purpose in the DLC, but that's still a post-game facility for which you have countless team options. Why neither SwSh nor the DLC include a New Game+ with Challenge Mode is beyond me, but hey, the sales don't seem to be affected.

A second pass would only be a problem if they're not worth the price. Lots of games have all kinds of DLC and go way above the 90 dollar pricing
Well, not all of them some of them are cheaper. I do hope that the DLCs would made be free forever and have the price of the DLC bundle pack lowered from $120 to $40. I also wish and hope in the future that the main games would lower their current price of $160 to $40. I buy the games and I don't how they cost too much money.

Yeah, new DLC for Sw/Sh at this point is pretty much done. What I can see happening is that on Pokemon Day, Gen 1 games are released on the eShop plus having announcements for any side games and spin-offs, with a message to tune in later in the year for some big news.

Absolutely. There was a slight chance, but there are unconfirmed signals that a full main game is coming next year. This is somewhat of a clue, as well.

I think at best we’ll get a few patches with special Max Raids, similar to the Mewtwo/Kanto Starter one. But with IoA/CT getting bundled into physical copies of the game, this is probably it for actual DLC content.

I do hope that going forward, GF continues to learn and build on the DLC content in future games. I know some people are salty about having certain things locked behind a “paywall”. But personally, the DLC (as well as the Raid updates/various patches) have kept my interest simmering, where normally at this point my current save file would be collecting dust.

Something I’d love to see going forward is old features; things like Dream World, the Underground, and the underwater treasure hunt from Unova. Make sure there’s a patch so that any unobtainable Pokémon can be transferred or available for trade that can be accessed by everyone. Make them $5 or so, but add in a few exclusive clothing items if you purchase the game, so there’s still some “exclusivity”, without locking out important features.

In terms of the flaws pointed out by fans, I do wish a free patch would improve the whole game. I mean the graphics are outdated now.
The graphics (especially certain textures) are indeed sub-par, no matter how you look at them. Lighting and effects are minimal, as well. But they won't 'patch' that at this point. We should hope the upcoming games or the next generation tackles this better.

Zelda Breath of the Wild was a huge step-up from Skyward Sword, even though the latter was widely succesful as well. Pokémon could seriously do this someday. I hope.

The graphics (especially certain textures) are indeed sub-par, no matter how you look at them. Lighting and effects are minimal, as well. But they won't 'patch' that at this point. We should hope the upcoming games or the next generation tackles this better.

Zelda Breath of the Wild was a huge step-up from Skyward Sword, even though the latter was widely succesful as well. Pokémon could seriously do this someday. I hope.
Take a look at No Man's Sky.

Me too...

That game doesn't do the generational thing Pokémon does, mainline RPG's aren't supported after a year or so with the exception of the online services. They're far from comparable. No Man's Sky has been out for a few years now and is still supported by DLC. Whenever a new mainline Pokémon game comes out, the past title is left on its own.

While I do hope for a Sinnoh remakes, I also hope for a remastered update of Pokemon SwSh with a lot of improvements.

Last edited:

What's the gameplay loop like in that game?

Is it just like "explore planet, see weird creatures, travel to next planet, explore planet, see weird creatures" etc on a loop?

The game look interesting but I'm kinda worried it might be a barebones experience....

hardly the first time they did this no?

Technically yeah, but the DLC is explicitly taking over that role this time around, and going by their previous posts, RC821 is likely referring more to something that would provide an update the the base elements of SwSh. That's not happening.

Moving on to another topic, I actually found out that Game Freak is hiring more new people since they now had two studios and these new people may have played Pokemon when they are in their youth, obviously. It's a good chance they may do something interesting with the new games. I know this may be old news but to me, I recently stumbled upon this while going through posts from Google search results, Reddit and Twitter.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's too early for Gen 9 games. In my honest opinion we're going to see Diamond/Pearl remakes in later 2021 or early 2022. I'm pretty sure they have been working on the next games for a long time. I'm aboard the Gen4remakes train for now. I hope the D/P remakes improve something else on gameplay wise, I don't want to play the same 2007 game with better graphics - I'd like to see new features and new areas.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's too early for Gen 9 games. In my honest opinion we're going to see Diamond/Pearl remakes in later 2021 or early 2022. I'm pretty sure they have been working on the next games for a long time. I'm aboard the Gen4remakes train for now. I hope the D/P remakes improve something else on gameplay wise, I don't want to play the same 2007 game with better graphics - I'd like to see new features and new areas.
I predict that Veilstone Game Corner will turn into a minigame place.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom