• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What will N do now?

Kallyle

Starwalker Neo
Reaction score
Okay, ever since I finished B2W2, I've been wondering something about N's future. In fact, not even XY has distracted me for asking this question. In fact, N's absence from Kalos despite having an evil team there has got me thinking about this even more...

What's Natural Harmonia Gropius (who for some reason goes by N from his first initial) gonna do with the rest of his life?

He obviously isn't going to join the International Police due to being absent from Kalos and the fact that he used to lead an evil team (or at least was assumed to be the leader up until Ghetsis told N he was just being used). So, what do you guys think N's new carrier choice might be? Discuss.

I've been wanting to ask the same thing, I also am holding onto the Pokemon with him as the OT very tightly, as I wonder if they might perhaps be used in an event in the future. Where if you have any of his Pokemon in Gen VI or Gen VII, N will appear and talk to you or battle you. He said he was looking for the player character for B1/W1, I want to know if he succeeds.

Maybe reforming the Team Bosses? That'd be awesome as I could see him doing it for Lysandre. Not sure if ORAS would fit in with the timeline though for him to do anything there. I think we will certainly see him again.

BW2 takes place at the same time as XY. That's enough explanation as to why N wasn't there. Team Flare was also hardly problematic up until Lysandre decided to remove the veil from his plans--at which point it would be too late for anyone regions away to come and stop him. There's also the fact that the most notable criminal thing they did before the ultimate weapon was the massive Pokeball heist. N may have changed, but he still doesn't like Pokeballs so I doubt he'd intervene.

BW2 takes place at the same time as XY. That's enough explanation as to why N wasn't there. Team Flare was also hardly problematic up until Lysandre decided to remove the veil from his plans--at which point it would be too late for anyone regions away to come and stop him. There's also the fact that the most notable criminal thing they did before the ultimate weapon was the massive Pokeball heist. N may have changed, but he still doesn't like Pokeballs so I doubt he'd intervene.

X and Y is at least slightly after BW2. N probably doesn't care about other evil teams, and like you said, Team Flare was basically just a joke until the last bits. N is currently searching for the player character from BW.

N, if he ever shows up again, will probably be a professional wanderer, like Steven Stone. Sure, he'll be looking for the B/W PC, and will probably act like his usual self when talked to. Hey, maybe he'll battle with a Zoroark and some local Pokemon. Anyways, kind of doubtful he'll directly intervene with any bad teams, unless Team Plasma's involved. sure, N may be one of the most popular NPC's ever, but I'd rather him not meddle in the affairs of evil teams until at least the post-story.

Maybe reforming the Team Bosses? That'd be awesome as I could see him doing it for Lysandre. Not sure if ORAS would fit in with the timeline though for him to do anything there. I think we will certainly see him again.

While I definitely think we'll see N again someday, I hate to break it to you, but we'll never see Lysandre again. (Except for the third version.) It's obvious that he was buried alive by the rubble the Ultimate Weapon left behind. But then again, I also thought Serena and Calem were buried too, so what do I know? :p The Prince of Kalos is a tenacious little bugger.

This. N was in Unova at the time, and even if he wasn't, he gave no f***s.

While I definitely think we'll see N again someday, I hate to break it to you, but we'll never see Lysandre again. (Except for the third version.) It's obvious that he was buried alive by the rubble the Ultimate Weapon left behind. But then again, I also thought Serena and Calem were buried too, so what do I know? :p The Prince of Kalos is a tenacious little bugger.

No survivors mention that Lysandre is trapped, I believe he escaped too because why would he just stay there when the rest of the grunts were able to get out with burns and such? If you want proof of this go and talk to a Team Flare grunt in Kiloude city as he mentions people were burning and he is a survivor, if Lysandre is indeed buried there why would his best friend professor Sycamore thank you for 'saving' him if you didn't and surly he would get him out from under there? I just hope Lysandre doesn't become the Team leader again... I think he should have learnt his lesson and that's where N comes in. I think it is possible to reform Lysandre and a capable person of doing so would be N.

If you want to believe another theory is that in Y he dies/escapes or X he gains immortality and does good for the world by countering the new team as he doesn't want to see people suffer. And yes Lysandre is my favourite because a lot of people hate him whereas I understand him and can see the good in him and if he was to actually be sat down and talked to he would change as he's kind at heart.
N was slightly similar as he was very stuck in his ways until the player showed him that Pokemon and people belong together which is why I think he could teach others to see the light too.

Not sure if I've gone off track or missed the point, sorry if I have as I do that a lot xD

No survivors mention that Lysandre is trapped, I believe he escaped too because why would he just stay there when the rest of the grunts were able to get out with burns and such? If you want proof of this go and talk to a Team Flare grunt in Kiloude city as he mentions people were burning and he is a survivor, if Lysandre is indeed buried there why would his best friend professor Sycamore thank you for 'saving' him if you didn't and surly he would get him out from under there? I just hope Lysandre doesn't become the Team leader again... I think he should have learnt his lesson and that's where N comes in. I think it is possible to reform Lysandre and a capable person of doing so would be N.

If you want to believe another theory is that in Y he dies/escapes or X he gains immortality and does good for the world by countering the new team as he doesn't want to see people suffer. And yes Lysandre is my favourite because a lot of people hate him whereas I understand him and can see the good in him and if he was to actually be sat down and talked to he would change as he's kind at heart.
N was slightly similar as he was very stuck in his ways until the player showed him that Pokemon and people belong together which is why I think he could teach others to see the light too.

Not sure if I've gone off track or missed the point, sorry if I have as I do that a lot xD

They also never mention he escaped and the Kiloude Grunt mentions leaving everyone else to burn. He meant team flare's plan to blow up Kalos...

If N ever shows up in Kalos, it'll be in the Pokemon Village. It's a secluded place where downtrodden Pokemon live in hiding, and N is someone who related to Pokemon better than he ever did to people; it seems like the place where he'd want to be.

If there's ever a new Region set in America [Philadelphia and the Delaware River Valley, I choose you!], he'll likely turn up. Aside from that, I doubt we'd see him again.

Ah, haven't been on here in ages! Nah, N's gotta come back cus he's a hippy dude and the games need more hippies. I reckon he meets up with Hilda and they have loads of Pokémon and babies (but Pokemon as mates and all, not owning them) xD

No way is Lysandre buried alive though; it's Pokémon, not A Song of Ice and Fire :p

If N ever shows up in Kalos, it'll be in the Pokemon Village. It's a secluded place where downtrodden Pokemon live in hiding, and N is someone who related to Pokemon better than he ever did to people; it seems like the place where he'd want to be.

Yeah, and the fact the pokemon there were abused, just like the ones he knew growing up would also help.

That said, I'd expect it to be in Z version if anything.

Calling N's presence a flash in the pan is to underrepresent his importance to the Gen V games, but... it's an apt cliche for the whole of the series. He "led" the evil team early on in BW and showed up again for BW2, but I really think he's just going to find some quiet, peaceful life to live out the rest of his hippie years.

OMG N in Pokemon Viilage ♥ I can imagine him living there happily with the other pokemons. Hope we can see him there in the third game

I think he will go on to release a cover of "It's Raining Men" by The Weather Girls and become an international Poke Idol like Marina.
He could maybe feature in a renewed version of Pokemon Musicals or something. Might even turn up in Oras teaching Flannery how to Twerk

EDIT: Joking aside, I doubt we will ever see him again or The Original Dragon for that matter, our best hope is potential Gen 5 remakes in like Gen 8 or 9.

I really hope he never shows up in any future game besides Gen 5 remakes, such a boring and uninteresting character, i would rather see Giovanni again than N and i hate Giovanni.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom