• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What will next month's information influx entail to the future?: Possibility of revea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kanto and Johto are inseperable, that is true. They are of course, the same region, only split due to being so large and etc. etc. [various speculative reasons here]. (note how in G/S/C, most of the wild Pokemon were actually from Kanto, and that Kanto had a few Johto ones running around.)

However as Unown Lord stated, there's no use looking at past technology [limitations] to try to determine future changes. For example, I highly doubt that any generation henceforth will be unable to trade or transfer Pokemon and items from the previous one. Everyone was disappointed by that in Gen 3, and I don't see how any limitation now could cause that to happen again (it was a revamp of how trading worked, iirc, but that's moot if you have a console with a slot for the older generation. For all we know the DS2 could have a DS slot on the front, 2 touch screens, and a laser to scratch your ass from space :p )

Nintendo's actions will be hard to predict, but rarely if ever have their actions had anything to do with series continuity. GS Ball, anyone?

All we know for now is:

There will be a new form of Shaymin revealed (99% likely, if I'm wrong, I'll buy you all drinks).

Something else will be revealed. Whether this is a new form or even a new Pokemon is to be seen. I'm betting on it being the former (pun intended :p)

There will be a third D/P game. This is too profitable to not do, and of course it's been all but confirmed with that teaser page. (Most likely will have Shaymin and Giratina's new forms)

Nintendo will begin showing Generation V Pokemon when they believe they have milked Generation IV enough and want to start teasing everyone. (D/P sold like wildfire, and Munchlax was known for a while beforehand.)

There will be a Generation V, at some point in the future. Whether it will be on the DS or its successor is not clear, but I don't see why it /has/ to be on the DS2. There's plenty of potential innovation on the DS now, it's lasted for so long and doesn't seem to be losing popularity yet.

There will be a GS remake. Profit. Everything that's been published ever has been getting remakes nowadays. Books, games, older movies, you name it. If you email them about it they will give you a coy answer about 'what the future holds' (though I do not know if that was specifically scripted for G/S or a generic 'possible game' script).

Yeah, yeah. The last one is speculative, but I think we all know it's true. And if you're not convinced, you know you want to be.

Wow, long post for someone who never posts...

So they can't show Generation V Pokemon in the anime right now? Just how they couldn't show Munchlax, Buizel, and Bonsly in "Advanced Generation", which was synonymous with games in the Gameboy Advance?
Don't take my comments out of context, please. TTEchidna was speculating that Generation V will be inseparable from the current generation in the same way Generation II was from Generation I. My argument is that back then Generation I was, of course, known simply as Pokémon. In our case, Generation IV is associated with the title "DP" almost everywhere in the franchise. That doesn't seem to invite room for a future generation continuing the same series (as in retaining the "DP" title).

Oh yes. I think the Advance Generation was mostly re branded simply for marketing reasons though, rather than any real reason. They could have just continued to call it Pokemon, or to call Pokemon's Johto series GS, but they did not. Probably they thought the regular old "Pokemon" title was getting long in the tooth and wanted to rebrand the series from the poorly received GS season rather than to signify anything truly important.

None of that changes a thing about my argument. But I take it you are not siding with TTEchidna, anyway.

I think, it then end, we need to start thinking less specutively and s fans, and more in the mindset of someone looking to keep something vibrant and popular in the minds of fans in order to generate interest and profit.

Imo (and i think this fact is fairly obvious) the DS has an enourmous amount of untapped potential and its time at the forefront of Nintendo's handheld drive is only just beginning.

Analysing previous trends and releases wont be of much help now. The technology is different. Connectivity is different. The fans are different. There is far more scope to improve upon and market this Generations (both hardware and software) capabilities.

It is therefore my opinion that Gen V will be on the DS so as to not leave a tremendous gap between generations.

That does not mean, however, that new pokemon cannot be revealed anytime soon, muchlax was revealed years before DP and that only served to generate more hype.

I really hope it's two at a time, for some reason, though. Munchlax alone just made them totally run that Pokemon into the ground. I started to feel sorry for it, actually.

Judging from this image, it looks like it is one new pokemon
I guess the only thing I want to say is that, I don't think we should be trying to find patterns out of this when we have really only one sample.
Do we have any proof that Remakes have to come before a third game?
Do we have any proof that the third games won't feature Johto?
I don't think we do.
Really, Diamond and Pearl have many features the third games have (More involved story, Battle Tower Extras and new locations, Sprite Animation intros, Secret Story-based Events) I say that this third game has a good chance of not being a predictable remake.

That image shows nothing new; we know from other merchandise advertisements that there is more than one Pokémon whose identity is currently unknown for some reason or other.

If they revealed two at a time, I'd imagine possibly it'd be a pair.

i will find very strange if a item/toy appears before the official release in corocoro/movie page, my believe is that gamefreak is controling everyting for a big release with more impact.

That giant Giratina plush creeps the hell out of me.

That picture eerily makes me think that we'll see a new form of Regigigas as well.

That picture eerily makes me think that we'll see a new form of Regigigas as well.

i was looking to that photo of toys and plushies, and i notice that Regigigas, Giratina, Arceus all have golden parts around their bodies, meaby there is a connection.

Giratina appears in movie with two forms
Regigigas also appears in movie
Arceus could appear in the movie also

Last edited:
Is no one else the least bit perplexed as to why we haven't heard news by now?

moa said:
i will find very strange if a item/toy appears before the official release in corocoro/movie page, my believe is that gamefreak is controling everyting for a big release with more impact.
The only sign of there being new Pokémon in the movie has come from merchandise advertisements. Their surprisingly early release should provide us with a definitive answer.

I remember alot of preview Pokemon getting keychains before CoroCoro revealed them (the "?" was always used as a placeholder).

I'm wondering if possibly they'd be revealed in a new trailer for the movie airing with Thursdays episode, or on Pokemon Sunday?

I remember alot of preview Pokemon getting keychains before CoroCoro revealed them (the "?" was always used as a placeholder).
That may be so, but those keychains weren't released before the CoroCoro issue in which the respective Pokémon were unveiled.

Around the 23rd does not equal the 23rd.
Your point? Around the 23rd could have also been the 22nd, which was the day of the toy's release. Besides which, that blog isn't the only source available to us. Almost certainly, if there were a new Pokémon included in the toy we would know so by now with or without that particular blog poster's help.

Your point? Around the 23rd could have also been the 22nd, which was the day of the toy's release. Besides which, that blog isn't the only source available to us. Almost certainly, if there were a new Pokémon included in the toy we would know so by now with or without that particular blog poster's help.

If it was a new form we'd know also. The only other option is that it's a pre-existing Pokemon in which case there'd be no reason to hide it. Try having a modicum of patience.

If it was a new form we'd know also. The only other option is that it's a pre-existing Pokemon in which case there'd be no reason to hide it.
If it were a pre-existing Pokémon, no would feel any urge to upload pictures as evidence right away. That is exactly what seems to be happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom