• Snowy finally gets an endorsement from the Champion to participate in the Gym Challenge. Watch here as he learns about Dynamaxing and chases after Hop.
  • With COPPA coming into full effect, the comments section and notifications for our YouTube videos are disabled. Not to worry, though, you can keep up with the latest episodes for all our ongoing series and provide your comments in the Bulbasocial section here.

What will Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire bring to the competitive aspect?

Is Not A Moderator
Reaction score
I'd love a mega Sableye too. It was pretty crushing to see mawile get one and Sableye not, but GF could (and probably will) give him one this gen. There isn't a whole lot Sableye needs fixed though. I mean to be honest it's pretty powerful/annoying now, but maybe some extra power in its stats are in order. I do think it should keep it's typing and abbility if it were to get one.

(I really only want a Mega Sableye because of nostalgia.)
I think a Sableye Mega would likely see a big increase in defenses, much opposite of what Mawile saw with a big increase in attacks.

Mawile's Base Stats v. Mega Mawile

50/85/85/55/55/50
50/105/125/55/95/50

Sableye's Base Stats v. Mega Sableye

50/75/75/65/65/50
50/85/125/65/105/50

And I wouldn't mind if M-Sableye kept its ability as Prankster.

Outback King
Reaction score
I'd love a mega Sableye too. It was pretty crushing to see mawile get one and Sableye not, but GF could (and probably will) give him one this gen. There isn't a whole lot Sableye needs fixed though. I mean to be honest it's pretty powerful/annoying now, but maybe some extra power in its stats are in order. I do think it should keep it's typing and abbility if it were to get one.

I think a Sableye Mega would likely see a big increase in defenses, much opposite of what Mawile saw with a big increase in attacks.

50/85/85/55/55/50
50/105/125/55/95/50

50/75/75/65/65/50
50/85/125/65/105/50

Considering GF just increased megas best base stats I'm pretty much assuming that Sableye will just gets buffs to its defenses, and maybe a bit to it's other stats like 10 to HP or SpA. That's all he needs though just like Dragonite a abbility change on its mega would just make it worse.

Is Not A Moderator
Reaction score

50/85/85/55/55/50
50/105/125/55/95/50

50/75/75/65/65/50
50/85/125/65/105/50

Considering GF just increased megas best base stats I'm pretty much assuming that Sableye will just gets buffs to its defenses, and maybe a bit to it's other stats like 10 to HP or SpA. That's all he needs though just like Dragonite a abbility change on its mega would just make it worse.
If you recall not a single Pokemon has received an HP boost from being a mega, likely due to the coding possibly crashing the game.

Outback King
Reaction score

50/85/85/55/55/50
50/105/125/55/95/50

50/75/75/65/65/50
50/85/125/65/105/50

If you recall not a single Pokemon has received an HP boost from being a mega, likely due to the coding possibly crashing the game.
I wasn't actually familiar with that. It makes sense though. A HP boost on a Sableye would be pretty nice though.

Lovely
Reaction score
Move tutors coming back would have the biggest effect.

The Toad of Honor
Reaction score
New Megas as everyone said. Then some nice new items. Maybe make you able to buy Leftovers in a shop? That would be epic. Also Move Tutors! With Fairy moves.

And a Mega Ludicolo! That would be awesome!

Reaction score
Mega Gardevoir losing 20 attack and having it moved SOMEWHERE WHERE IT'S ACTUALLY USEFUL.