• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What will Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire bring to the competitive aspect?

I'd love a mega Sableye too. It was pretty crushing to see mawile get one and Sableye not, but GF could (and probably will) give him one this gen. There isn't a whole lot Sableye needs fixed though. I mean to be honest it's pretty powerful/annoying now, but maybe some extra power in its stats are in order. I do think it should keep it's typing and abbility if it were to get one.

(I really only want a Mega Sableye because of nostalgia.)

I think a Sableye Mega would likely see a big increase in defenses, much opposite of what Mawile saw with a big increase in attacks.

Mawile's Base Stats v. Mega Mawile

50/85/85/55/55/50
50/105/125/55/95/50

Sableye's Base Stats v. Mega Sableye

50/75/75/65/65/50
50/85/125/65/105/50

And I wouldn't mind if M-Sableye kept its ability as Prankster.

I'd love a mega Sableye too. It was pretty crushing to see mawile get one and Sableye not, but GF could (and probably will) give him one this gen. There isn't a whole lot Sableye needs fixed though. I mean to be honest it's pretty powerful/annoying now, but maybe some extra power in its stats are in order. I do think it should keep it's typing and abbility if it were to get one.

I think a Sableye Mega would likely see a big increase in defenses, much opposite of what Mawile saw with a big increase in attacks.

50/85/85/55/55/50
50/105/125/55/95/50

50/75/75/65/65/50
50/85/125/65/105/50

Considering GF just increased megas best base stats I'm pretty much assuming that Sableye will just gets buffs to its defenses, and maybe a bit to it's other stats like 10 to HP or SpA. That's all he needs though just like Dragonite a abbility change on its mega would just make it worse.

50/85/85/55/55/50
50/105/125/55/95/50

50/75/75/65/65/50
50/85/125/65/105/50

Considering GF just increased megas best base stats I'm pretty much assuming that Sableye will just gets buffs to its defenses, and maybe a bit to it's other stats like 10 to HP or SpA. That's all he needs though just like Dragonite a abbility change on its mega would just make it worse.

If you recall not a single Pokemon has received an HP boost from being a mega, likely due to the coding possibly crashing the game.

50/85/85/55/55/50
50/105/125/55/95/50

50/75/75/65/65/50
50/85/125/65/105/50

If you recall not a single Pokemon has received an HP boost from being a mega, likely due to the coding possibly crashing the game.

I wasn't actually familiar with that. It makes sense though. A HP boost on a Sableye would be pretty nice though.

New Megas as everyone said. Then some nice new items. Maybe make you able to buy Leftovers in a shop? That would be epic. Also Move Tutors! With Fairy moves.

And a Mega Ludicolo! That would be awesome!

Mega Gardevoir losing 20 attack and having it moved SOMEWHERE WHERE IT'S ACTUALLY USEFUL.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom