• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh What will Sword and Shield's Amie/Refresh be called

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Thanks to Gen 6, we've been introduced to a concept called Affection via the method of playing and feeding our Pokemon. The first installment during XY, as it was based off of France at the time, was Poke Amie, which carried over into ORAS. Then, Alola's version became Poke Refresh, which kept the core concept but modified it to a play/grooming version, but the same basic principle remained: it increased affection through treats and petting. Also, Amie's treats were pastries called Poke Puffs, which could be obtained via mini-games, while Alola's version was Poke Beans, which could only be obtained either once-a-day from cafes or gathered on Isle Abean (did I get that right?).

Now, onto the question at hand: What will Galar's version of Amie/Refresh be called? We saw a small tidbit in the recent Direct with a Sobble expressing happiness during Galar's version of Amie/Refresh. It included what looked like a tent and a playground (or something along those lines) in the background. What do you suspect this new version will be called? And, for that matter, what do you suspect the "treats" will be called and how do you think we'll obtain more during gameplay?

I suspect it'll be something like Poke Play or Poke Time, the former because it looked like there was a playground-like background while the latter would be a play on "tea time" that is common among people of Britain. As for the treats, I suspect something along the lines of Poke Crumpets, which, as far as I'm aware of, are common British baked goods often used during tea time. As for how they are obtained, I'm not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Alolan cafe idea transcended over to Galar, where you can get a set of them once-a-day when you buy a drink at a cafe. Mini-games are also another idea, like with Amie, but since Amie's mini-games required a minimum of 3 Pokemon on-hand to use, if they do decide to use mini-games, I hope they'll lift that "restriction" and allow for a single Pokemon to play over needing half a team like before. But, those are just my thoughts. What are your ideas and thoughts? Let's hear them.

This is my lemon wedge looking one strap backpack.

Seriously though...they really do need to keep it one name. I mean Refresh was even more generic then Amie was. Refresh could have been the permanat name because it could have been applied to games set outside of France-based regions or a Canadian one.

It's just another thing to add to the pile of I really hope that one leak is 50% made up.

It was a joke on Animal Crossing Pocket Camp charging real money for items that have been around since the first animal crossing and like new items that aren't really worth it.

I should have put an "/s" in there. Sorry.

It was a joke on Animal Crossing Pocket Camp charging real money for items that have been around since the first animal crossing and like new items that aren't really worth it.

I should have put an "/s" in there. Sorry.

Ohh... I’m not really familiar with animal crossing, apart from the summoning circles memes XD

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom