• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh What will the Pokedex look like?

TapLover

Reaction score
Seeing the laptop-shaped Pokedex from the Let's Go games, it's possible Sword and Sheild may have a proper Pokedex again, rather than that shitty limited-functioned (no option to upgrade it to a National Dex?) Rotom Pokedex...

I'd say we'd either go for a iPhone-shaped one (remember the iPod-shaped one from Unova?) or if Nintendo want to base it on one of their consoles, it would be Nintendo Switch-shaped.

All I know is, I hope there's not a Rotom inside it. I kinda hope it looks more like a Switch.

Switch will be a nice idea also but in the swmr time then I do love rotom zukan roto also. However, I eo agree that we still need a change also.

It's gonna probably look like a smart phone. Or a switch. So basically it's gonna look like a slightly scaled up smart phone with removable dongles attached to either side.

All I know is that if the professor tries to put another pokemon in it, Pikachu and Rotom are gonna get a new roommate in the hate box.

Pokedex have been so unpredictable as of lately. In the last 3 generations we went from an early smartphone, to an holographic card, to a kid's toy. ORAS was the only predictable one, as LGPE seems to be an electric notebook (which didn't even got an artwork or mention, another reason to dislike that game). I think they could make it more steampunk-like and old.

Pokedex have been so unpredictable as of lately. In the last 3 generations we went from an early smartphone, to an holographic card, to a kid's toy. ORAS was the only predictable one, as LGPE seems to be an electric notebook (which didn't even got an artwork or mention, another reason to dislike that game). I think they could make it more steampunk-like and old.
The LGPE dex does have artwork.

Also, I'm team "it's gonna be Switch-like".

Last edited:
Another idea to put in the "cool but they'll never do it" camp, but it makes total sense to me.

Maybe having a numbering system that divides the Pokemon by families? So instead of the Bulbasaur line being 001, 002, and 003, for example; instead it would be:

001-1: Bulbasaur
001-2: Ivysaur
001-3: Venusaur
Possibly 001-4 or 001-3M for the Mega?

okay not gonna lie I like that design for the LGPE pokedex. It looks like a laptop but those two clasps or whatever hanging off the bottom remind me of the clasps on the little kiddie diaries you could buy for girls in the 90's. So the idea of a book looking object that folds out into a laptop is hella cute and I want more stuff like that.

I think LGPE's Dex is supposed to be a tablet and its case. Or well, based on that

Also, isn't the Rotom Dex already based on the Switch?

The Rotom looks more like a general tablet to me.

Agreed, if you take away the stylized arms, face, legs etc, it would just look like a red tablet.

I won't be mad if the Galar Pokedex look like a Switch, it'll be a bit reminiscent of the Hoenn Pokedex from Gen VI, which is a good thing.

Here we are with a confirmation: It's a smartphone. A Rotom Phone. Turns out Rotom-infused devices are the new Pokedexes...

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom