• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What will the second season have in store for Dent/Cilan?

Iteru

Something
Reaction score
Just as the title says, what do you think will happen in regards to Dent for the second season of Best Wishes? Will we get to see more of his Sommelier career? Will Carbarnet beat him? Will we see more of less instances of "It's Tasting Time?", etc

Like Iris, it seems one thing about his character is about to get resolved by the end of Season 1 - his fear of Purrloin
Other than that one thing... I don't know... what IS there that Cilan really lacks or needs to achieve? I can't even try to talk about his "rivalry" with Burgundy since he just seems so much better than her that she's more of a joke right now...
I honestly can't see much being done with him other than things continuing as they are right now, meaning lots more of "tasting time" and Burgundy making fun of herself
I do wonder about his brothers though - we got to see Chili again eventually, but not Cress... maybe Cress will get a second appearance now?
Pokémon-wise only Pansage can evolve but I can't see that ever happening due to it kind of being a "mascot" and these Pokémon usually don't evolve... they also already featured the monkey trio's evolved forms so it's not like there's a serious need to showcase them (at first I thought they might introduce the evolutions in some ep where all three brothers evolve their monkies, but now that seems unlikely to happen)
Isn't he a Class A Conosseur and can advance to become a Class S one? correct me if I'm wrong but I remember something about this... in such case maybe he WILL become a Class S Conosseur in this season, though I'm not sure how he's supposed to do it...

More "IT'S _____ING TIME" phrases and that's it, and maybe he will catch another Pokemon along the way.

I will be fully disappointed when (because it has to happen) Cabernet and Dento battle next, if Cabernet doesn't at least give him a run for his money. She proved during the last tournament how much she's improved that I would be pissed floored if he swept the floor with her like he did in her first appearance.

As for Dento himself, I hope he starts disappearing for long periods of time and not tell Satoshi and Iris where he's going because he and his brothers are secretly part of the Shadow Triad I don't get tired of his "____ing tiiiiiime!" shenanigans so no problems if he keeps doing them. Though I hope he will focus more on his sommeliering, and that he finds a serious competitor in that area.

also I want him to catch a Washibon because it's cute and we haven't seen one outside the current ending yet and I think Dento would be great with a Washibon.

What will the second season have in store for Dent? Awesomeness, more awesomeness and maybe some awesomeness somewhere in there, but mostly awesomeness. XD

I'd like to see Iwaparesu released. I liked him and his development, but he's done, time to move on bugsy. I'd like a sommelier competition against what'shisname? and have Dent reach the S-Class

In regards to the Burgundy rivalry, I kinda expect Dent to make her realize that what she really loves is battles more than sommeliering and make her concentrate on that more, maybe even coach her a little. I'd like to see a drastic change in their relationship.

I don't expect too, too much honestly. I want to see Crustle used less. I wouldn't mind seeing some kinda of mini Sommelier tournament. But other than that, I just expect alot more "It's _____ time."

Hopefully we actually see Cilan progress with his S-rank Connoisseur goal. So far, Cilan had learned how to battle more efficiently from travelling with Ash and Iris, but I haven't noticed any changes to his connoisseur evaluations since they were first introduced. That could also extend to another rematch against Burgundy, hopefully a situation that won't come to fruition until Burgundy advances to the next rank.

Also now that pokemon from the older generations are expected to appear in BW2 anime, I am hoping Cilan will use his fishing skills so that we can see some of these water pokemon again.

The writers will continue to run him into the ground.

Oh, and hopefully they'll give us a Sommelier Society Arc. :(

He'll continue to say "it's something time!", act as a Connoisseur of whatever the plot calls for, and be the Gayest character this show has ever EVER seen

Cilan has really grown on me so I really wanna see him centered on more. I wanna know why he is afraid of Purrloin. Seriously I'm curious I hope they explore it.

For anyone curious, the preview we got after today's episode didn't have any scenes or shots that focused on Dent, while we did for Iris.

For best results with Cilan for the future, I think two things need to happen.

1. An S-Class shows up.
2. Ash gets a Pokemon that he is seen as having low compatibility with.

I really think the Connoisseur thing has potential, but they're really, really missing a golden opportunity by not exploring the latter. It could be a Buizel/Aipom thing if you want to make it simple, but it could also be a case where it really does turn out there's something that makes trainer and Pokemon effective after all. The former can assist in this.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom