• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What will you get: Pokemon X & Pokemon Y

Pokemon X or Pokemon Y?

• Pokemon X

Votes: 104 35.6%
  • Pokemon Y

Votes: 82 28.1%
  • Both

Votes: 91 31.2%
  • None

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Wut?

Votes: 13 4.5%

• Total voters
Right now I'm liking the flying legendary more than the ungulate legendary, but I won't make a decision until I know more about the games, such as the other version-exclusive Pokemon, because I never use legendaries (they tend to just sit in the PC).

With the only difference we know of being the appearance of the box legends, I'm leaning towards X at the moment.

Most likely Pokemon X to start off with, because of the cool deer legend. Although I'll most likely end up getting both at some point.

I can't vote yet, I need to find out what Pokemon are exclusive to each game. I'll buy the one that has the majority of my favorites. Its too early to decide which one.

I have no clue. I'll probably just pick one at random when I'm at the store.

Not sure yet, but leaning towards X (hey, I hunt deer, so why not?). It all depends on typing/stats/moves/etc.

Most likely both, but only if the version differences are substantial enough. At the very least I'm getting Pokemon X for that amazing looking deer.

I'm leaning towards X because I really like that deer but I won't make my final decision until I see the version exclusives and all that stuff.

Both, but I'll replay the one with cool looking deer Pokemon.

I always get both, but will probably play Y because I don't care for the X version mascot.

I don't know, though, I've always played the "first" version in the names (RED & blue, GOLD & silver, RUBY & sapphire, DIAMOND & pearl, BLACK & white, BLACK 2 & white 2, FIRERED & leafgreen, & HEARTGOLD & soulsilver for example)

Last edited:
X, as I'm interpreting them as chromosomes until further confirmation. Plus the legendary for X is just gorgeous.

Here's how you choose: Look down.
*stares at chest*

So mine would be X? :goof:
Whichever the Princess Mononoke Deer is in!
This times a bazillion! I want the Forest Spirit as it looks awesome!

...oh, who am I kidding? I'm going to get both. Why? If the promo trailer is any indication, there may be wild Golurk in this new region and they'll need a protector. And I must have room for my newest little ones. An Automaton Guardian's work is never truly finished, you know. ;)

I'll end up getting both, but I'll probably be getting Y first. I like that bird more than the stag.

I think I'll be getting Y just in case they're based on chromosomes, especially if Y's sequel is XY and X's sequel is XX. I want to be in the Y category because I'm a bloke :p

So probably Y, but X isn't out of the question depending on version exclusives.

Last edited:
Well I'm going with X first, because, fuck, Xerneas is awesome. I'll be getting both though, as I always do, so that's what I'm going to vote on the poll.

Naturally, I'll get both right away. As for which i'll play first: Hmm.... probably x.

Gonna roll both like usual. Although I might get Y first, cause the Bird looks slightly cooler than the Stag in my opinion.

It's a bit too early to say at this stage. More likely X than Y because Xerneas is pretty and possibly related to one of the cooler Greek goddesses, but it really depends on the availability of other Pokemon. If Mawile shows up in the regional dex and is exclusive to one version, that's the one I'll be getting.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom