• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What will you get: Pokemon X & Pokemon Y

Pokemon X or Pokemon Y?

• Pokemon X

Votes: 104 35.6%
  • Pokemon Y

Votes: 82 28.1%
  • Both

Votes: 91 31.2%
  • None

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Wut?

Votes: 13 4.5%

• Total voters
so, are people certain yet that Yveltal will be in Y and Xernas in X? because with Black and White the opposite colored dragon/version mascot was the one you got. and in games like Gold/Silver you could get both. In addition to that, White had a lot more version exclusive pokemon thanks to White Forest and all the goodies you could catch there after interacting with other peeps.

I'm going to hold off on picking a game until we are certain which pokemon are version exclusive. It sucks because that will happen waaaay closer to when the games will be released or heck maybe even after for the complete list which means I might lose out on any and all pre-order goodies...

:/

so, are people certain yet that Yveltal will be in Y and Xernas in X? because with Black and White the opposite colored dragon/version mascot was the one you got. and in games like Gold/Silver you could get both. In addition to that, White had a lot more version exclusive pokemon thanks to White Forest and all the goodies you could catch there after interacting with other peeps.

I'm going to hold off on picking a game until we are certain which pokemon are version exclusive. It sucks because that will happen waaaay closer to when the games will be released or heck maybe even after for the complete list which means I might lose out on any and all pre-order goodies...

Ahhh, good point. I thought I'd read somewhere that it was confirmed but looking back through stuff...It's not, or at least I can't find the source that says it does.

Alright, I mend my last post to say: "I'll pick the version Xerneas is in, unless temped other ways"

Ahhh, good point. I thought I'd read somewhere that it was confirmed but looking back through stuff...It's not, or at least I can't find the source that says it does.

Alright, I mend my last post to say: "I'll pick the version Xerneas is in, unless temped other ways"

According to this ad at Gamestop I heard today, Xerneas is in X and Yveltal is in Y.

As for me, I'm also waiting for version exclusives before I pick the one I want. Plus, I like both the legendaries, anyway.

According to this ad at Gamestop I heard today, Xerneas is in X and Yveltal is in Y.

Well, if that is also where I'd heard it, then there you go.

The original comment stays the course. cx

My dad preordered X the other day without telling me, so I guess I'll be getting that one! My brother hasn't decided yet if he'll be getting Y for himself or not.

Both eventually, but probably getting Y first. Why? Because it's the first letter of my name and since it's a fairly rare letter in the alphabet it's unlikely I'll ever get to say that about another Pokemon game again. Ever. Unless they bring out a...um...Yin or Yang version. Which they're not gonna, because that's been done last gen.

So yay for Y Version!

I say probably, however, because I was almost positive I wanted to get White 2 last time and then they pulled the stupid Challenge Mode being version-exclusive shit, so I had to change my mind :mad:

As of right now, I'm getting X.
That Legendary is super cool!
But if we start getting lists on Bulbapedia near the end I may change it, depending.

But I am still highly leaning toward X.
I mean, it's like Princess Mononoke infested Pokemon.
In saying that, I do like Y's design, but just gotta give it to X.

I'm getting Y, as I prefer the red mascot Yveltal. But I am technically getting both; my wife will have X, she preferred Xerneas. I'm also a bigger fan of red, and my wife dislikes red, she loves blue. It's kinda perfect this generation, as neither of us could agree on Black or White. I got dibs, though, so I called Black.

So I've always played my main version as the second version: B,S,S,P,W. I ended up putting more effort into B2 than I did W2, and this gen it's looking more and more like I'll be going for X. I far prefer Xerneas, but it being a legendary meant it didn't really matter much to me. Seeing now that Clauncher's an X exclusive, that's another strike against Y being my main version. It may depend on if we see both its and Skrelp's evolutions before release.

Y, and Skrelp, my personal favorite Pokemon revealed so far, reaffirms my decision. Though, I'm also a bit partial to the cotton candy puff...

Definitively Y. I really don't care about Clauncher (hides behind shield) and even though I like skrelp, I'll be chosing Froakie.

... flamingo Bird is awesome.

Really hard to tell. I prefer Xerneas to Yveltal, but I slightly prefer the little flamingo over the candy cotton poodle. I don't mind about Skrelp or Clauncher.

I still wait for more information, including the evolutions, but I lean towards X. If X gets more horizontal Pokémon and Y more vertical Pokémon, I think I'll take X but I still wait for more.

I always get both versions, so that.

Kinda surprised to see it's the most popular option though.

I still don't know. I don't care much for the already known version exclusives minus the legenderies. I do somewhat like Xerneas more than Yveltal, but I'd be fine either way. I'll have to wait for more version exclusives before I decide.

I think I'll probably be getting Y version. I like Skrelp better than Clauncher right now. I don't really care much about any of the differences that much, so I guess I'll just randomly get Y.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom