• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What will you get: Pokemon X & Pokemon Y

Pokemon X or Pokemon Y?

• Pokemon X

Votes: 104 35.6%
  • Pokemon Y

Votes: 82 28.1%
  • Both

Votes: 91 31.2%
  • None

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Wut?

Votes: 13 4.5%

• Total voters
I never really got both versions (except I think for Ruby/Sapphire.)

This time I plan to get both, and start Y first.

I'm leaning toward Y because a) I like the bird and b) back during the Red vs Blue days I was hardcore Red and, well, Y is red lol ;-)

That being said, it's really too soon for me to say for sure. I was nearly positive that I was going to get Black, but then I heard about the White Forest and ended up getting White/White 2. I wouldn't be surprised if some similar game feature swayed me again.

I can't vote right now, because I feel it's much too soon to make a final decision. I'm currently leaning towards Pokemon X, because I think the name sounds cooler than Pokemon Y.

It probably depends on what the other exclusives are, but if I was just picking based on the legendaries, I would pick Y, because I freaking LOVE that Demon Bird Yveltal.

I'll be buying Pokémon Y if not both. Yveltal appeals to me more than Xerneas does, so I'm just hoping Y has good version exclusives!

The version I get would likely depend upon exclusives. Once we get that announced, which would likely be closer to released date, then I'd decide

Voted for none because I wouldnt have the money for it, lol

Probably try to get Pokemon X, especially since I currently prefer Xerneas. But really, it depends on what they have in stock. I may get both however.

My fiance and I decided that I would get Y, while she gets X, as I have a Y chromosome and she has two X ones lol

I thought people were gonna vote for Y only, but it seems that Xerneas has his own voters now. Anyway, I go for Y, before that a 3DS.

I am leaning towards X right now because I like Xerneas. I practically yelped when I saw both Xerneas and Yveltal as they are both based on Norse mythology, which I really like. That and Xerneas may be the first ever legendary I actually like. I will have to buy a 3DS first though. It's funny because I will probably only ever buy pokémon games for this new 3DS, never anything else. My final decision on which version I get will be determined by the version exclusives. The real decision for me is which language to buy the game in.

LanguageSponge

I'm having a whole lot of trouble deciding which version I'm going to get. On the one hand I am madly in love with Xerneas's design. It's beautiful and amazing and freaking majestic. On the other hand Yveltal is a freaking beast who demands all to kneel down at his greatness or be snatched up by his scary tail hand.

I'll probably end up going with Xerneas and whichever version he comes with (more likely than not, X. But you never know!). But we'll see what the version exclusive information has to tell me beforehand.

When the games are released, there will be anywhere between 4-5 copies of either game in my house, Between my two sisters my brother and myself. As of now I plan on getting both for myself, but if I had to chose one I'm leaning towards Y, but it would ultimately depend on exclusives.

I know I'll get both games but as for which one will be my "main" game that I keep a save file on, I'm thinking X and then Y will be used for Pokemon training and gaining more special items that might otherwise be a pain to obtain (i.e. Master Balls). It also means I'll be able to trade many more Pokemon and not really need much in return.

Re: Which version will you get come October?

I have no idea yet. I will make my mind up when i know more about the differences between the two. It will probably end up being X though as a friend is getting Y.

Re: Which version will you get come October?

Leaning towards X right now because I like the look of Xerneas. Yveltal looks cool too though. I'll have to wait until the version exclusives are revealed to make my final verdict.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom