• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What will you miss about Generation 5?

I will miss all the hype about it. I was just starting college when gen 5 came out in Japan and all my friends and I were so hyped up about it that we were looking forward to the American release of gen 5. Then once we got the game, we hosted a lot of Pokemon parties! We all traded pokemon battled with a lot of our friends and enjoyed the company of other Pokemon fans like us. We were all so excited about playing a games that belonged to a franchise that we enjoyed ever since we were kids. Gen 5 were the Pokemon games that have been out during most of my college career and I will always have fond memories of Gen 5. Sadly, the hype around Gen 5 has died down and not many of my friends play it that much anymore. So hopefully, there will be much hype around Gen 6!!! :D

The fact that there were no generation III remakes before the jump to the new graphics really made me feel crappy today. I was fully expecting that to be the announced today and not a new generation. I guess I' 'll never get to see Hoenn in the old graphics just one last time. Sapphire was my first Pokemon game and the fact that it's remake will never be made (or at least in 2-D) is just a big punch to the face to me (and anybody who loved Gen III) :bawl: . also this Generation was to short, it only lasted two years.

I think they did GEN 6 first for a reason, since they're doing x & y in 3D they might try to redo previous regions in 3D after these games are released!

The main thing I'll miss is the Pokemon World Tournament! It was my favourite part of GEN V and bring on the 3D sprites :D

I'm also gonna miss my serperior named princess and my Samurott named Sasuke. They were my Starters in my Black and Black 2 versions respectively. Then again I'm gonna transfer them to my X/Y version anyway so..... Yeah :-/

I will miss Pokemon sprites in general. They have been here ever since the beginning of the dawn of Pokemon games so it certainly will have to be an adjustment. What will it be now? 3D Modeling (Instead of spriting)?

The standard that we have grown to love in Pokemon due to the fact that Gamefreak plans to evolve the series into a new territory with Generation 6

I'm just glad there's no Pokemon N Version. Imagine all those fangirls. *shudders*
Really going to miss the 2.5D effects with 2D sprites in a 3D environment. I remember back during the beginning of Gen V how people were completely blown away yelling out "OMGWTFBBQ THE SPRITES MOVE IN BATTLE!!!111one" Today, that's nothing compared to what Game Freak has in store for us this year. Now we can say "OMGWTFBBQ FULL 3D MODELS!!!111one"

The main thing I'll miss is the Pokemon World Tournament! It was my favourite part of GEN V and bring on the 3D sprites :D
Aw. Look at you still saying the word sprites. They're 3D models, not 3D sprites. Really going to miss them though... ;~;

I really am going to miss the sprites. I do hope, eventually, even once, that they go old-school.

Or include a setting in the game that allows you to chose the grafics of the game yourself, like you could make it look like it was Gen I again, or make it look like it was Gen IV. That would be really cool.

Albeit I was becoming tired of seeing Unova, I will miss it! I was playing Black 2 last night thinking I'm really going to miss this.

I won't really miss much about Gen 5 regarding Unova and such... But I will miss 2D Battles... and just generally how old games were played, this is gonna be a BIG jump into 3D, I even see some people going off Pokémon completely. The B/W story line was ok, I felt like it was forced at some points, I also feel they rushed Gen 5 anyway, not because it's "only been two years" but because it hasn't received much positive writing, characters or Pokémon in my eyes... there was always something dark about Gen 5 for me.

I'm excited for X/Y, and ready for Gen 6, if there's one Generation I miss it's 3rd, and not because I'm a Hoenn obsessor. Because Hoenn is literally the sexiest Region.

I'm going to miss the Unova region as a whole. I loved how urban it felt as opposed to how countryish the other regions felt. Castelia City has to be my favorite town in a Pokemon game ever. Also gonna miss the 2D sprites. I'm excited for the 3D models in X/Y, but being raised on the 2D sprites for the past few gens... Yeah.

One thing I won't miss is perma-weather though. That can go die in a fire. /shot

- Elesa.

- The Ferris Wheel and its weird dialogs.

- BACKGROUND MUSIC, for heaven's sake. Specially Village Bridge, Black City, Dreamyard. And Relic Song. And Roxie and Elesa's Gyms. I hope Gen VI's soundtrack keeps up the music.

- Elesa.

- The Musical... haha, no.

- N, though for some reason I think he will appear in Gen VI, so I don't really know if I have to miss him or not.

- Did I mention Elesa?

- Elesa.

- BACKGROUND MUSIC, for heaven's sake. Specially Village Bridge, Black City, Dreamyard. And Relic Song. And Roxie and Elesa's Gyms. I hope Gen VI's soundtrack keeps up the music.

- Elesa.

- N, though for some reason I think he will appear in Gen VI, so I don't really know if I have to miss him or not.

- Did I mention Elesa?
Oh wow. You reminded me of something I won't miss. Okay, so I won't really miss Elesa--or those rodents of hers--but I'll miss a lot of the other stuff. The battles in front of the Ferris Wheel, the music...oh dear Primus, the BGM! The music was gorgeous this gen and I'll really miss that.

I'll also miss the Dragonspiral Tower as well. Though I did have to force myself to not go in there after a bit. (I can run from Druddigon and Mienfoo but I can never leave a Golett behind. I am so pathetic like that.)

And I will really miss those Musicals. To me, that was part of the bonding process I had with some of my Golett and Golurk refugees: they had to take part in a Musical. It was so much fun to dress them up and make them dance. Ah, the memories of Stardom and watching my Riser show off... :bawl:

I'm going to miss the sprites in general. I mean the 3D Pokemon we're converting to are fantastic, but the sprites are so simple and so classic.

Not much, honestly. Gen V was my least favorite generation. I liked BW2, cause they added some older gen Pokemon into the game, but the reason I played both of them the amount I did was for the story, and cause I love Pokemon. I will miss N and all the characters. I will most of all miss sprites. :(

Last edited:
As it is my favorite generation, I am going to miss generation five as a whole. It left me with such a rich, innovative, and wonderful experience that it gives me a reason to stay with Pokemon for years to come. I will bid a tearful farewell to this generation, and hope that Pokemon X and Y will mark another strong beginning for the series.

I'll miss everything. Mostly N and Colress. *Shot multiple times* Seriously, though, with the sixth gen. coming out, I'm rather saddened about the loss of sprites. I love them. ^^

- Elesa.

- Elesa.

- Did I mention Elesa?

Oh yeah, the music ;__; Route 10 will forever be one of my favorite Pokémon tunes, even if it was a short route that only appeared in one game.

And don't worry. I'll miss Elesa too. She was the coolest Gym Leader in Gen 5.

I'm going to miss a BUNCH of Gen 5!!

The music. Achroma. N. Team Plasma. Hugh. N. Achroma. Cheren. Cheren. Achroma. N. Hugh. Elesa's gym. Curtis. Cilan. Achroma. N. Roxie. Achroma. Pokewood. N. Battle Subway. Achroma...

Pretty much everything.

"GEN I was SO MUCH BETTER than Gen V!"

"It's an Ice-Cream cone! How creative! Gen V sucks!"

Need I say more?

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom