• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

What will you Name your Character in Scarlet and Violet

BackSet

Wings of the Hegemon
Reaction score
Assuming you buy the games what do you intend to name your player character in Scarlet and Violet. I'm personally unsure. All I know is I'll be going for the female protagonist as usual.

Emmy

Cam Girl~
Reaction score
Juan.

Because as Robbie Rotten used to say: "We Are Number Juan..."

Stef50S

Reaction score
For my initial playthroughs, I always name my character after my real name: Stefano.
There have been some exceptions in other playthroughs but since my first playthrough is the one I always keep, it makes sense to name it after myself.

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Probably Takoyaki, just like normal! If I feel like it, maybe my real name, Lisia, but maybe not because there's already a Pokémon character named Lisia lol~

Arylett Charnoa

Serenan Sorceress
Reaction score
Arylett because that is what I have named myself in everything for over a decade now. I distinguish Pokemon from different save files by making a doc where I keep track of the trainer ID numbers.

isrrael120

New and Old Things About Me!
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/His
I named it after my name usually and it never changes!;)

PinkIceFox

PinkIceTales!
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
I've named my characters something region-related for the past few games so...

Julia I think, this time around. She will join Lona of Alola, Eira of Galar, and Ayame of Hisui as my characters whos names I actually remember. Well besides naming my Kanto character Cherry but I only remember that because I named my nuzlocke character that. And I restart those all the time...

Eitarou

I'm Soi confused
Reaction score
Whatever the default name is because I'm boring like that.

SeanWheeler

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him/His
If I go with a boy, I'll use my name Sean. But if I get tempted to use the girl again, I'm going to see if I'll be able to call her Violet because, come on they can't ban the game's name over a French curse word, right? Though, I'm going to buy Scarlet. You know, maybe I'll buy a Double Pack this time where I'm Sean in Scarlet and Violet in Violet?

Battista

Nostalgic Curmudgeon
Reaction score
With Sword I gave my characters Tolkien-themed names to match with Galar being Poké-England; the first two runs my character was Frodo Bagons, this most recent he is Samwise. If the player character had been a native of Alola rather than having just moved there, a Hawaiian name would’ve been cool.

Since we’re headed to Poké-Spain, I have quite a few options for naming our character, particularly if they’re native to the region themselves. Probably going to stick with the male character, and have been looking up names with both Spanish and Arabic origins. So far I’m liking Santiago or Omar.

Edit: I forgot about Catalan, and I have a buddy from there named Miquel. That would be cool and unique :)

Last edited:

BigBadButterfree

Professionally Befuddled
Reaction score
If I go with a boy, I'll use my name Sean. But if I get tempted to use the girl again, I'm going to see if I'll be able to call her Violet because, come on they can't ban the game's name over a French curse word, right? Though, I'm going to buy Scarlet. You know, maybe I'll buy a Double Pack this time where I'm Sean in Scarlet and Violet in Violet?
I had that same thought. Although I'm not terribly hopeful, given that gen 6 had Viola the gym leader and for the same French word you couldn't name your Pokemon Viola.

Also, fun (and annoying) fact, I had a playthrough in FireRed where I named my character Violet, after going through the entire transfer process up to gen 6, the OT of those Pokemon now is listed as "Kuro*" which bugs the hell out of me.

LightningTopaz

Brock's Pikachu
Reaction score
Whatever the girl's official name is, or Carmina (a reference to carmine, a kind of red like Scarlet) if the official name is lame.

Gengarzilla

"What do you mean, my Gengarite is contraband?!"
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
I always just use my real name. No reason why I'd want to do it different this time.

swiftfox

Vulpix Velox
Reaction score
My real name if I play as the boy; a feminine variation of it if I play as the girl.

SeanWheeler

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him/His
I had that same thought. Although I'm not terribly hopeful, given that gen 6 had Viola the gym leader and for the same French word you couldn't name your Pokemon Viola.

Also, fun (and annoying) fact, I had a playthrough in FireRed where I named my character Violet, after going through the entire transfer process up to gen 6, the OT of those Pokemon now is listed as "Kuro*" which bugs the hell out of me.
So Pokémon Black's censorship changed your OT name? That must be annoying. Especially with how innocent of a word "Violet" is. We've got a Violet City in Johto, and Violet is going to be an official Pokémon game. It's time that they rework the censorship filter. All it really does is teach kids foreign curse words when they find out why they can't use their names.