• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What will you Name your Character in Scarlet and Violet

BackSet

You Could Use Some Imagination
Reaction score
Assuming you buy the games what do you intend to name your player character in Scarlet and Violet. I'm personally unsure. All I know is I'll be going for the female protagonist as usual.

For my initial playthroughs, I always name my character after my real name: Stefano.
There have been some exceptions in other playthroughs but since my first playthrough is the one I always keep, it makes sense to name it after myself.

I've named my characters something region-related for the past few games so...

Julia I think, this time around. She will join Lona of Alola, Eira of Galar, and Ayame of Hisui as my characters whos names I actually remember. Well besides naming my Kanto character Cherry but I only remember that because I named my nuzlocke character that. And I restart those all the time...

If I go with a boy, I'll use my name Sean. But if I get tempted to use the girl again, I'm going to see if I'll be able to call her Violet because, come on they can't ban the game's name over a French curse word, right? Though, I'm going to buy Scarlet. You know, maybe I'll buy a Double Pack this time where I'm Sean in Scarlet and Violet in Violet?

With Sword I gave my characters Tolkien-themed names to match with Galar being Poké-England; the first two runs my character was Frodo Bagons, this most recent he is Samwise. If the player character had been a native of Alola rather than having just moved there, a Hawaiian name would’ve been cool.

Since we’re headed to Poké-Spain, I have quite a few options for naming our character, particularly if they’re native to the region themselves. Probably going to stick with the male character, and have been looking up names with both Spanish and Arabic origins. So far I’m liking Santiago or Omar.

Edit: I forgot about Catalan, and I have a buddy from there named Miquel. That would be cool and unique :)

Last edited:
If I go with a boy, I'll use my name Sean. But if I get tempted to use the girl again, I'm going to see if I'll be able to call her Violet because, come on they can't ban the game's name over a French curse word, right? Though, I'm going to buy Scarlet. You know, maybe I'll buy a Double Pack this time where I'm Sean in Scarlet and Violet in Violet?
I had that same thought. Although I'm not terribly hopeful, given that gen 6 had Viola the gym leader and for the same French word you couldn't name your Pokemon Viola.

Also, fun (and annoying) fact, I had a playthrough in FireRed where I named my character Violet, after going through the entire transfer process up to gen 6, the OT of those Pokemon now is listed as "Kuro*" which bugs the hell out of me.

I always just use my real name. No reason why I'd want to do it different this time.

My real name if I play as the boy; a feminine variation of it if I play as the girl.

I had that same thought. Although I'm not terribly hopeful, given that gen 6 had Viola the gym leader and for the same French word you couldn't name your Pokemon Viola.

Also, fun (and annoying) fact, I had a playthrough in FireRed where I named my character Violet, after going through the entire transfer process up to gen 6, the OT of those Pokemon now is listed as "Kuro*" which bugs the hell out of me.
So Pokémon Black's censorship changed your OT name? That must be annoying. Especially with how innocent of a word "Violet" is. We've got a Violet City in Johto, and Violet is going to be an official Pokémon game. It's time that they rework the censorship filter. All it really does is teach kids foreign curse words when they find out why they can't use their names.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom