• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What would 4kids do?

MetroLSD

Where Are My Donuts?
Reaction score
I just came up with an idea of a game the goal is to think of at least 5 things from season 9-present that 4kids would have censored/edit if they were still dubbing the series?

Last edited by a moderator:
Move to The Grand Festival which is where game threads go.

If Harley's any indication, Cilan's safe.

Let's see...Jessie topless, even if it was from behind. The numerous times in DP a pokemon either threatened or physically harmed a human. Maybe also Paul's treatment of Chimchar. They might replace the text, even if it's the made up junk they do now. The only other thing I can think of is that they might've tried to tone down Cilan, if that's even possible.

They would have gone far as to replace the entire musical score (And I'm talking about in the level of Legend of Thunder).

They might replace the text, even if it's the made up junk they do now. The only other thing I can think of is that they might've tried to tone down Cilan, if that's even possible.

They didn't when they dubbed AG and as for Cilan - Harley. Look him up.

They would have claimed that Luvdisk evolves into Alomomola and have Pikachu's Thunderbolt damage Excadrill and Krokorok. Ash's Oshawott would also finish it off with False Swipe.

I guess Hikari's skirt would be longer, and the fact that they said Luvdisk evolves into Alomomola, like the person above me said...

the episode with dawn reappearing would probilly not have the mentionings shots of elesa

When J's airship exploded in Lake Valor, they would've said she got sent to the Shadow Realm.

They also would've mentioned the Shadow Realm in the Dusknoir ep of the Summer School arc and in the Litwick Mansion ep. Also, May/Dawn/Iris would make a friendship speech every other ep.

When J's airship exploded in Lake Valor, they would've said she got sent to the Shadow Realm.

They also would've mentioned the Shadow Realm in the Dusknoir ep of the Summer School arc and in the Litwick Mansion ep. Also, May/Dawn/Iris would make a friendship speech every other ep.

Yu-Gi-Oh's gonna sue.

I wonder if they'd make Cilan more flamboyant than he was in Japanese. If James indicates anything, it might've been possible.

Five things? Five realistic, totally feasible things?

1) Continue digitally erasing the made-up text. Especially in BW, since there's that one symbol (that one that stands for "M") that looks vaguely like a swastika.
2) I'm betting the next few movies - Manaphy, Darkrai, Giratina, etc. - would have still been cropped to 4:3 fullscreen. They probably would have stopped by the time they got up to the Victini movies and started releasing them properly, but I'm betting we'd still have a few more years of 4:3 awfulness.
3) Continue to mess up game terms, specifically Ability-related ones.
4) Eventually get around to replacing 100% of the music, especially the way they were heading in Season 8.
5) Every other pokemon would still be voiced by Eric Stuart.

Back
Top Bottom