• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What would a Pokemon industrial age look like?

Jazzyamx

Equality and Justice with open arms.
Reaction score
Basically, I have a fanfic world I'm making: what if the Pokemon of the Pokemon Village in Kalos, being just as smart as humans, decided to start using advanced human technology? How would each type use their innate abilities to contribute to a modern society?

As for what I've already figured out (with some help):

Electric types
  • Power plant operators
  • power and drive electric vehicles that don't need a battery (or only use a small one)
  • act as both the power source and user of directed energy weapons

Water Types
  • Farming and irrigation
  • Fire department
  • Use water turbine generators

Ice Types
  • Climate control
  • Fire department

Ground Types
  • Construction
  • Demolitions
  • Terrain terraforming
  • Mobile sandblasting service

Flying Types
  • Postal workers
  • Aerial espionage/photography
  • Window washers

Ghost Types:
  • Construction and repair
  • Spying and recon work

Fire Types:
  • Smelting materials
  • Construction welding

Poison Types:
  • Waste disposal
  • Chemistry

I'm still rather a noob at Pokemon, only got sucked in due to a Minecraft modpack my friend suggested to me. However, I am growing to like this universe, and want to see where I can take it. So I ask you all, who are infinitely more knowledgeable of this verse then I, to chime in with your thoughts--what would a Pokemon city look like, built by Pokemon for Pokemon? Any jobs and uses of abilities I've missed? Constructive criticism? I'll be glad to hear it all.

Considering Ice is weak to Fire, and I don’t think many Ice types learn any Water attacks, I don’t think many Ice types would be involved with fire fighting. That being said, I’d imagine Ice types might be common in refrigeration or creating snow in warmer areas for recreation (e.g. making a ski slope).
what would a Pokemon city look like, built by Pokemon for Pokemon?
Have you heard of the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series? It’s basically this, but less industrial.

Last edited:
How much would they need an industrial era, though? Do Pokemon desire comforts enough to live in an actual house? Would most want to make complex goods, like cars? While some Pokemon (e.g., Sawk, Throh, Hitmonchan) wear clothing, most do not, and they don't seem to want more than one outfit enough to make it themselves. Is there a reason they wouldn't be happy just walking, flying, or swimming to their destination, or being carried directly by another Pokemon or in a wagon? Why would they need to make directed energy weapons?

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom