• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What would Ash do next if he becomes a champion?

If he were to be a champion, we wold go on to challenge the Elite Four and the current region Champion. He might then be able to challenge the Champion League. However, we must also be wanting to explore regions, ones he hasn't seen yet, so he would go off and capture some new Pokemon and become better as a trainer. That is what I see. Ash's journey ends by the time he reaches a point where he has become an all around powerful trainer. Honestly, I think that is what a Pokemon Master is. Becoming one of the strongest trainers around. That means going to various regions, capturing Pokemon and training them to take on the League.

He'd just move onto the next region, like when he won at Orange Islands and Battle Frontier. He wants to be the best there is, why stop at only being the best of one region?

Winning one league out of six will not make Ash a Pokémon Master. Winning every single league and catching every non-legendary Pokémon will. And as far as I know, the franchise hasn't done the final region, so there's still plenty of leagues and to win and 'mon to catch. I have no idea why Junichi Masuda would confirm the anime would end if Ash wins one league, either. He's part of the games' team.

Even if he did win every region League tournament in one year, he would still need to win them in further years, to say nothing of also winning the Champion League for each region and defending his title as regional champion. Hell, the concept of a 'World Champion' hasn't even been explored yet. Even if Satoshi did become a certifiable 'World Champion' that doesn't mean he couldn't lose the title in his first, second, third, or sixtieth defense. Championships are markers on a path that will never end, not the sign that the destination has been reached.

Winning one league out of six will not make Ash a Pokémon Master. Winning every single league and catching every non-legendary Pokémon will.

Er, I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way, but why do you say that? It's never been confirmed what a Pokemon Master is; fans only speculate. Of course, we can always assume what it might be and how Ash would achieve the title, but the way you say it with the underlining, boldness, and italics makes it seem like it is a fact, which it isn't.

Winning one league out of six will not make Ash a Pokémon Master. Winning every single league and catching every non-legendary Pokémon will.

Er, I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way, but why do you say that? It's never been confirmed what a Pokemon Master is; fans only speculate. Of course, we can always assume what it might be and how Ash would achieve the title, but the way you say it with the underlining, boldness, and italics makes it seem like it is a fact, which it isn't.

Pokémon Master is widely considered by the fandom to be someone who owns all Pokémon, all badges to date and has entered each region's hall of fame at least once. Even I'm not a Pokémon Master and I've played every generation since Blue. (I'm still not in any Kanto Hall of Fame...)

So until Ash has about 660 of the 721 Pokémon, and actually starts winning leagues, he won't be considered a Master. Obviously we don't have an official definition but it's foolish to think that a Master (someone who's above all others) would only be the Master of ONE region. That means that there would have to be a master above all other masters.

Pokémon Master is widely considered by the fandom to be someone who owns all Pokémon, all badges to date and has entered each region's hall of fame at least once. Even I'm not a Pokémon Master and I've played every generation since Blue. (I'm still not in any Kanto Hall of Fame...)

So until Ash has about 660 of the 721 Pokémon, and actually starts winning leagues, he won't be considered a Master. Obviously we don't have an official definition but it's foolish to think that a Master (someone who's above all others) would only be the Master of ONE region. That means that there would have to be a master above all other masters.

Well, I think you know this, but what the fandom widely considers and what the actual definition of a Pokémon are two different things. I would agree that a Pokémon Master should be the best of the best, but again, that doesn't mean that's what a Poké Master is. Buttttttt I think this discussion is technically getting a little off topic (sorry for starting it) so if you wanna keep chatting about this subject shoot me a VM.

Retire his character, introduce someone else

There is still more to do with Satoshi, so long as the series was able to commit to actually developing him and building upon that development. Satoshi could go on quite a while longer if he was allowed to be used as a tool for exploring the higher echelons of talented trainers in the regions, nations, and world.

Go on to win the next league. Just because Ash wins a league doesn't mean his journey is over.
Yeah we've been watching Ash for over 15 years and I don't want Ash to be kicked out from the series just like that easily

I'll quit watching if Ash/Satoshi retires from the series. Not yet.

I'll start watching it again if Ash retires from the series. Hurray.

Just let it be the end of anime when he had become a champion. Every story needs an end, an endless story is not anything worth to follow.

I'll quit watching if Ash/Satoshi retires from the series. Not yet.

I'll start watching it again if Ash retires from the series. Hurray.

Just let it be the end of anime when he had become a champion. Every story needs an end, an endless story is not anything worth to follow.

I said not yet. The characteristic of him still need to be needed for the anime shows. If he ends the journey very soon I'm afraid the world won't be ready for the sudden change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom