• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What would Ash's team be if you wrote Journeys?

Tbh it’ll be the same except I’d give Ash Grookey instead. I’m not against Goh getting it but it just feels so right for Ash. It’ll show up a bit earlier as well (after Riolu’s evolution maybe) and evolve into a Rillaboom.

Of course I’d also flesh out his existing mons way more. Perhaps bring his reserves in for later too.

Last edited:
I feel like his team could be better than just two Galar Pokémon with three Kanto Pokémon with a Sinnoh mon sprinkled in I feel like the team he should have had is Pikachu, obviously, along with Sirfetch’d and Dracovish, with Inteleon as his ace ( personally, Goh does not deserve it), so Ash catches it instead of Goh as a Sobble, with a Sandaconda and a Coalossoal who can both Gigantimax, with both in rotation with SS Urshifu and Zacian…. The two after pikachu he already has in the anime and I already explained where inteleon came from, so sandaconda was caught as a silicobra in stow on side with a hearty personality and it evolves in a max raid battle with a coalossoal who ash catches during the darkest day phenomenon. After making it to the ultra class in the PWC him and Goh find themselves in the Slumbering Weald in a dream Ash and Goh head the Galar region but accidentally take a ferry to the isle of armor instead of going to the mainland. Here ash issues a challenge to dojo master Mustard who accepts but sweeps his team. Ash then trains for a few weeks under Mustard until he issues a challenge. This time after beating Mustard and his RS Urshifu ash receives an egg which hatches a few weeks later into a Kubfu. After beating a few people he ranks 6th and waits for the last two people to enter the Master class and in that amount of time he takes on the challenge of the Single Strike tower eventually evolving his Kubfu. Ash finally revisits the Slumbering Weald and runs into Sonia, whose there protecting the rusted sword and shield from two weirdos. As Rinto appears out of seemingly nowhere they proposed a double battle for the relics. Rinto ends up getting a KO on Shielberts’ king shield Aegislash but is knocked out when ash’s Urshifu defeats Swordwards’ king sword Aegislash. The brothers reveal they’ve hired someone to capture Zamazenta who turns out to be an undercover Looker who arrested them on the spot. Zacian comes out of the shadows to thank Ash and joins his team.

Last edited:
I'd probably base Ash at Oak's lab and use the reserves plus the new mons, and there would be new mons. Ideally I'd try to have them cameo more or show up in more fillerish episodes because if we had more 'Dragonite at the eating contest' type situations I think we'd complain less.

Mostly his reserves, IMO if we're going for franchise celebration let Ash be carried to the top of the world series by the Pokemon that have been with him from the start and in his other adventures.

Maybe catch some Galar mons to fight in the lower levels of the PWC while his stronger reserves take the wins in the Hyper/Master Class

There should have been an attempt to reconcile new Pokemon and Reserves.
And could be a chance to fix issues with previously shafted/neglected Pokemon from past series.

Lucario shouldn't have been caught, its story is so badly-handled that some ended up not caring about it.
Instead; I would replace it with an Erezun, evolving into a Low Strinder that would be the Ace.

Sobble > Drizzile > Inteleon
Kubfu > Urshifu
Dragonair (stays a dragonair for a decent duration) > Dragonite
Haunter (stays a Haunter for a decent duration) > Gengar
Larvesta > Volcarona

I'd have him only use Pokémon he already caught with 0 new captures. That way the lack of development for Pokémon would have made more sense.

If we have to stick with that asinine 5 only rule.
Pikachu
Swap out Dragonite with Tyranitar (Which pains me cause I love that big hug machine)
Gengar
Lucario
Swap out Sirfetche’d with Rillaboom (Agian I’ve grown attached to him too, but seriously two fighting types?)
Dracovish
Bonus Legendary to compare with Goh’s Suicune: Latias

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom