• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What would be your ideal group? (Does NOT have to include Ash.)

Paul + N (+ Harley?) I don't really know why, but I just want N to be surrounded with people that are definitely not like him, just to see his reactions.

Can I give too many options?

Ash + Jessie+ James+ Meowth = Best Group ever.

On the other hand I'll settle with Ash+ Giovanni+ Delia (what? I ship Giovanni with Delia. Don't like it? screw you.)

Or Misty+ May+Ash+Dawn+ Iris. HAREM YEAH. (On the other hand it can turn into a Kodomo ne fest.)

Or I will opt for Ash+ Paul+Dawn........COMAKARI GO!

Or I could have Ash+Drew+Cilan+N+Paul+Gary (I could see those fangirls crying already.)

Or I can settle with Stephan+Ash+ Morrison+Don George. (MAN HUG PLEASE!)

I am not a yaoi fan btw.

Also lol no Brock, my subconscious hates him. Sorry :3

Ash, Dawn and Barry is one of my ideal groups. My first is Ash, Bianca and Trip. Maybe then chemistry would have happened.

Ash + Serena + Brock + Misty + Lyra + Gary

I think Serena and Misty would fight over Ash XD

I have several options here:

Serena + dawn + may
Ash + James + dawn
Ash + leaf + Brock

Plus all the kids together in one group!
Bonnie + max + Molly hale

My ideal main cast would be Ash, Misty, May, Brock and Clemont. Down below ill explain abit reasoning behind my picks:

Ash-main character being selfexplanatory and someone i couldn't imagine this show without. In quite a few ways reminds me of myself in my younger childhood days. I like his stubborn, persistuous attitude never giving up no matter the odds. Bratty and impulsive side posessing naivety and laidback nature taking things easy going sometime adding to his appeal.

Accompanied with huge competitive fire, lot of emotion and devotedness in taking care of his pokemon, treating them as equals to himself working as team being willing to take hits, put his life at stake and be highly passionate and firm in his beliefs. Which makes for endearing and sympathetic character imo having still long way to go before becoming master.

Misty- she has great character and personality being very complex, having tendency to express what she feels not being afraid to speak out her mind, enjoying in her sarcastic and at times snarky remarks,humor,tendency to fall for cute things, paranoid fears like one from bugs. Aswell showing how caring and unselfish she can be.

And i think she has lot of untapped potential left to be done more. Like her goal of becoming water pokemon master and whole uncleared steps brought by sea priest Maya from whirl cup ,relatively unown backstory(hardly knowing anything abut her past and parents), being interesting to see her getting more development and in what direction writers would go with character and its dreams following potentially way of other water experts like Wallace which left gym to travel, enter tournaments and learn about more creative techniques becoming top water trainer in world .
There is also left ample room to do more with her older pokemon(like Horsea,Psyduck or Goldeen either evolving them or enriching their movepool)aswell any new one she may catch.

May- she was another great character enjoying in her sweet, innocent personality. Quirks like fondnes for food, shopping, fashion. Her slight interest in romance and helping others about their love problems. Or that optimistic, to extent fiery nature. She has amazing pokemon team, interesting rivals and material to elaborate more on developing her coordinator style. How to improve in appeals and inject more elegance and creativity in attack combinations as fare as battling round goes. To become top coordinator and make name for herself.

Clemont- his characer grew fast on me and i think his insecure demeanor, lack of courage and selfrespect adds enjoyable predispositions for varied, colorful and full of embarassing situations group chemistry. Mixed with his pride and interest for science and inventions bringing Misty, May or Ash in that case in many awkward situations. Or helping to bail them out depending on how things work out.

Brock- because of being wise fulfilling his role of older caretaker for group well keeping characters in check.And when you think about pokemon team he collected over the years that one quite impressive collection being delighting to see them more in action. And how he would learn new things and merhods in becoming better, m ore known doctor in world traveling to various places and offering his help.

I know my ideal cast would involve 5 main characters in same group, but as saying goes "more the merrier". Because more companions in group you have, it is guaranteed to have wider, more diverse chemistry made between companions. Being possible to split them in mini groups which can better connect with each other, find sharing points and build on relationship.

Not to mention two more mature, experienced females at this point which has imo most appeal and enjoyable unresolved things about them for viable sequel would aptly balance out amount of testosterone in main cast. Another reason why i opted to go with Misty and May as ideal female set up in case was because i thought they had interesting differences and similarities within their personalities which would allow them to click of and develop enjoyable chemistry. Such as both liking love and romance matching others up, being passionate about interests but also different in May being abit more bubbly and naive. While Misty more headstrong and rebellious in nature.

Achieving balanced ying and yang type of interacting. ;-)

Last edited:
Gary, Paul, Trip and Georgia. So many things can go wrong and right at the same time. Though I'd also love to see how Paul would react to Harley.

If we can use game characters I'd like to see Nate, Rosa and Hugh.

Ash + Dawn + Clemont
That'd be Ash + my favourite female character + my favourite male character.

Finished watching the mega evolution special recently and I know this could be in an alternate anime ideas topic with how I would develop the characters but I'd like to see a lineup with Alain, Mairin, Calem and Shauna. Calem and Shauna would end with their in game teams assuming Chespin is picked since Mairin has it and she is more set up to be an audience surrogate for beginners. Plus it would be funny to see Greninja with Shauna.

Alain: I know it's a bit early but he's got promise as a character. He's a very different kind of character compared to Ash being composed and serious. He would be a mentor/big brother kind of figure for the group. His traveling relationship with Mairin forms the first half of the crew that leads to the join up, warming up to Mairin first and the others later. He would also be the kind of character an older viewer would identify with due to his experience and impressive battle skill. He's powerful and skilled from what we've seen in the special but since he has his own goal he can break off from the group temporarily to look for mega stones/mega evolution owners to make sure the group doesn't become dependent on him when they face early challenges, he would stop doing this when the others grow strong enough to compare to him which would in turn allow for stronger antagonists and more epic battles.

Mairin: She's the newbie of the group who follows Alain but becomes friends with Shauna and Calem which makes her the glue of the group. Her character forms a nice contrast with Alain with the whole Savvy guy meets energetic girl dynamic. Her enthusiasm and inexperience would lead her to be the one newer players identify with. She would have lots of room to grow and could have many different options on how her team would develop.

Shauna: Her personality would be like her game counterpart and be long time friends with Calem traveling with him before meeting Mairin. She would be very important to the forming of the group since her goal is simply to travel with friends and pokemon making precious memories with them. The places and time won't matter to her and with her personality she would become friends with Mairin easily. Her pokemon would be based of the game version of her and as a result you have one hell of a badass adorable with her Sylveon and Goodra. It would be funny if there was a moment an antagonist scoffs at her when she is about to battle seeing how harmless she looks, only to crap his pants when she sends a Goodra after him. Casual players can identify with her since she is interested in the joy of a journey at any pace with those she loves.

Calem: Why oh why hasn't a male game lead become a protagonist yet? That alone is enough reason for Calem to be in this group. He would be a long time friend of Shauna traveling with her until meeting the others. He would be the like the middle sibling/brother of the group being more approachable but less experienced than Alain. His team would be based on his rival team in-game which I have dubbed the crazy hair style theme. His goal could be similar to the rival version of him but he could easily be written to have any goal since he is based on a player character as well. Because he can be written in different ways that I haven't decided yet he can appeal to another set of viewers the others don't

This group could meet with Ash and his company for a small crossover and contrasts and similarities would be interesting to see as this group has similar traits but different ways the dynamics would be integrated.

Last edited:
I'd like to see Gary, Misty and Tracey travel together while Ash and Brock go away to find a personality or something. Of course for this to work Gary would have to regain his interest in gym battling as well as maintaining his interest in Pokemon research.

May, Ash, and Brock would be cool. Without Max.

Also, Steven Stone and Steven Stone.

Yeah...

First of all - I'd love to see Ash + Gary together , because i see a great chemistry between them . Gary would just spend time on researches and be the mature side , while helping Ash with gym battles - giving tips and so . On the other side Ash , would bring Gary down abit , you'd see him more active and different , then the anime showcased. I could see Brock as the 3rd one in this group for sure , doing his thing like always (girls), while the other two just go with the flow .:D Maybe Clemont would work aswell in Brocks place , he'd learn alot from those 2 together i think .

And well , 2nd for me ofcourse would be Ash + May (Advanceshipper) :D I could see Clemont taging along , or Brock for old times sake . If it's Clemont , i wouldn't mind seeing Max and Bonnie mixed in there aswell :3

I'd say my ideal group would be: XY/AG Ash + May + Alan + Manon.

They'd be interesting to watch cause they're all battle maniacs haha. And they'd all work together to improve on their battling skills.

Or this would be fun Ash + May + Clemont cause why not? They'd be fun to watch too.

Brock, Bonnie, Max

First of all, Brock would act as their caretaker. Second, Brock needs girl stuffs. Third, Bonnie needs tips on getting girls to like Clemont. Fourth, Brock needs Max and Croagunk. (Misty would be here if the little ones weren't)

Back
Top Bottom