• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What would have happened in the unaired "TRvsTP" episodes...is up to us now

LDEJRuff

Likes to show off.
Reaction score
Today, I contacted TPCi about the still-unaired "Rocket-dan VS Plasma-dan!!" ("Team Rocket vs. Team Plasma!!") episodes since the devastating Tōhoku tsunami happened in Japan.

It's been over six years since the Tōhoku tsunami devastated Japan, causing not only many casualties but also the cancellation of the planned "Rocket-dan VS Plasma-dan!!" ("Team Rocket vs. Team Plasma!!") two-part episode. On March 12, 2011, the day after the tsunami, TV Tokyo promised us that they'd air the episode at a later date, but since then, no such broadcast happened. Instead, we got the original and dubbed versions of the Team Plasma arc of Pokémon The Series: Black and White - Adventures in Unova.

Since the episode's cancellation, we never saw the fates of either the Meteonite or Team Rocket member Pierce (Flint in the original version). Was Pierce supposed to be a double-agent for Team Plasma, and was he supposed to die in Part 2 of the unaired episode?

Not too long after, I received a reply from TPCi.

Thank you for the feedback. Unfortunately we are unable to comment on any unresolved plot lines in the series. We absolutely encourage people to think of their own endings and share them!

So, I'm afraid it's all up to us. There are sites like FanFiction.net for users to develop their own take on the episode. Of course, it will have to fit with the new anime timeline, like how Stewie Griffin saving Brian in "Christmas Guy" (an episode of Family Guy) resulted in Vinny never becoming a member of the Griffin family. That means that something unfortunate would happen to Pierce and the Meteonite.

So, let's develop how the unaired episodes would have went on...

Doesn't anyone in this forum have any manners? I'm waiting for a reply for this thread since I started it. :unsure:

I'll do the honors

What seems more logical to what followed afterwards is most likely Team Plasma sabotages Team Rocket's meteonite plan. Giovanni heads back to Kanto, putting the plans into hiatus, which is why Team Rocket go back to their usual uniforms and start showing emotions.

Also,

LET IT GO FFS, it's been 6 years! Whatever they planned was completely scrapped anyway and given BW's record, I doubt we'd get anything spectacular in that serie, although the early introduction of TP would've been nice.

Scenes from the episode were recycled for the Meloetta arc, by the way.

Well, it's about time this thread got a reply.

Anyway, I assume, in keeping with tradition to the new timeline, that Pierce was secretly a member for Team Plasma, and when Giovanni found out, he called Pierce out as a traitor. And when the Meteonite was to have exploded, the memories of Ash and his friends were erased, leaving no traces of them ever encountering Team Plasma, or of Cilan and Iris ever meeting Looker. Also, Pierce would have been stripped of his rank as a Team Plasma member by a shadow-rendered Ghetsis, who ordered his guards to take him away for his failure to secure the Meteonite, resulting in Pierce never to be seen again in the anime. Part 2 would have ended with Ghetsis addressing Achroma, also shadow-rendered, declaring that Team Plasma will rise again.

Anyway, it would make for a great Fanfic that could be canon.

Last edited:
Doesn't anyone in this forum have any manners? I'm waiting for a reply for this thread since I started it. :unsure:

Not posting in a thread is not akin to bad manners. I can understand wanting to get more people to discuss the topic, but just complaining about the lack of posts like this is actually pretty rude in itself. People may not want to comment for various reasons and that doesn't mean that they don't have manners. Belittling people on this site also isn't really the best way to attract more attention to your thread either. In the future, please just wait for people to make their own posts instead of complaining about the lack of activity in a thread you made.

Also,

LET IT GO FFS, it's been 6 years! Whatever they planned was completely scrapped anyway and given BW's record, I doubt we'd get anything spectacular in that serie, although the early introduction of TP would've been nice.

Scenes from the episode were recycled for the Meloetta arc, by the way.

This is basically my thoughts on the whole Team Plasma two parter issue as well. Sure, it would have been nice to at least learn what they had originally planned for it and what that could have meant for the Team Plasma storyline in general, but it wouldn't have saved BW for me and for a lot of people too. Honestly, the whole deal with Team Plasma wouldn't be among my biggest problems with BW. It really didn't matter nearly as much in the grand scheme of things for me. It might have been a cool subplot and the two parter might have been neat, but I don't think it would have been the holy grail of Pokemon episodes that fans make them out to be. People used to do the same thing with the GS Ball, as if Johto would be a thousand times better if they dealt with that subplot. Much like the Team Plasma two parter, I think that an event to focus on GS Ball would have been neat and potentially a highlight of Johto, but it wouldn't have made all of the other problems in that arc magically disappear either.

It has been six years, we're currently on the second series since BW and the fifth generation isn't marketing relevant right now. Of course they aren't going to reveal what their plans were in an email and writet fan fiction on what could have happened if you want to do so, but it's really not surprising that not a lot of people have commented here. I think that the fanbase, or at least the people here, have long moved on from the Team Plasma two parter for various reasons.

Last edited:
I think it's like HiddenMew said, the two-parter could've been great but still wouldn't save the entire series, and I strongly believe TR vs TP culminated on the Meloetta arc and some of the Plasma plots on Episode N. About Flint, he'd probably have the save fate as Dr Sager (after failing the mission he'd return to Kanto and exiting the show), Sakaki's go back and have smaller roles in the future.

Thus there'd be no Kami trio's two-parter (perhaps not even the Meloetta mini-arc) and we'd been introduced to Plasma-Dan before (saving their introduction later on, giving us a glimpse of Ghetsis and N (not sure on this...), featuring Handsome again, etc...). So all in all I guess we did seen this Meteonite conclusion all in all, but as different plots.

I'm just not sure about GS Ball, had it been concluded. Hidaka did mention a large arc with Celebi, so I'd expect something akin to Meloetta or even Yogirasu. Less fillers furthermore.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom