• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What would Pokemon characters think of our society?

Seeing as there are a bajillion My Little Pony fanfics where ponies react to Earth, I'm surprised I've never seen a Pokémon fanfic about this.

I'd imagine to someone in the pokemon universe, ours would look like one where all of the Villain Teams are in charge of everything and no one can do anything about it.

That hurt. It was funny, but in a painful sort of way.

(Several real world religions do promote taking care of the environment and to be decent to the other life forms our lives depend on, but alas, you're right, the people who hoard wealth and power [... who are, often, acting contrary to many of the core messages of many of said religions] couldn't possibly care less.)

It kind of reminds me of how grey and dull the world where Satoshi/Ash, Souji/Sorrel, and Makoto/Verity were confined to a classroom and their imagination and understanding of the outside world is something like "oh, it's just rice paddies"/"and beyond that?"/"more rice paddies, I guess"... and only Ash, based on his vague memories of his world, thinks of the forests and rivers and everything else that's out there to see.

It reminds me of this concept I read about recently called "plant blindness," how most people can identify animals, but not plants or even notice they're around them, how it affects how much or how little people are interested in conservation, how the more alienated we as humans become to the natural world, the less we care about it.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom