• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What would you change about your favorite Pokémon?

Torchic does not need much change, but the shiny could be of a darker tone than just sunburnt chicken

For Archeops (my favorite fossil pkmn) should have a better ability. I don't know what I would give it though.

A list of things I'd change about Lucario.
  1. Fix some weird inconsistencies in its moveset like giving it Iron Head and Fire Punch since it can learn Zen Headbutt and Blaze Kick.
  2. Give back it and everyone else's Mega Evolution.
  3. Give it some kind of Aura Sense ability that makes it immune to evade+accuracy changes since Lucario in lore can see the world through Aura, which is something all living things (like Pokemon) have.
  4. Make Aura Storm an actual move. Maybe make it a special Fighting type version of Aeroblast.
  5. Change the shiny color to red. I get the DBZ joke that the yellow one has but it looks ugly. Lucario looks much better with the blue replaced by red, go and google it.

Natu - improve its shiny, there's barely a difference.
Flygon - give it a Mega or buff its stats/wider movepool/alternate ability, Garchomp has completely outclassed it.

sometimes i wish shaymin was a regular pokemon and not a mythical just so i'd be able to use it in more games.

like? don't get me wrong, i'm happy of its rarity, but it sure is a bummer these days to not be able to use it/transfer it in modern games s: yes, i know l:a and bdsp exist and they're "modern", but moreso the version games is what i'm referring to.

Arcanine would get 150 BST in every stat.

It can now also Mega Evolve without item and get 200 BST in every stat.

That is all.

Eevee needs a ghost type evolution. But I often have thought that in order to become a ghost, It would have to die >.< If this happens to become true somehow, then what about a rock type, fighting type etc...Eevee needs more evolution types.

Mimikyu was more fun to use before it was nerfed. Another thing that somewhat makes me feel weird is when you run into it outside of Alola. I think in terms of lore it will always feel a little out of place without the abandoned Walmart since it was inspired by a real life controversy in Hawaii when they built on the native people's land because of tourism. I like how the location itself tells a story, there is even an NPC outside who points this out.

Skitty was my favorite as a child and it's very weak but I'm not sure if I mind. It's nice to challenge yourself and win with your favorites just like Karen of the Elite Four says.

Hmm... I guess the only thing I would change about Sableye would be its typing. Dark/Ghost, while being an interesting type combination, doesn't feel right with Sableye given that its dex entry always involve gems and always found in caves. I figured either Dark/Rock or Rock/Ghost would be fitting. Especially Rock/Ghost given how we've yet to get an actual Rock/Ghost Pokemon so feel that would be dope.

I wish they went just a bit further with Meowstic gender differences wise and gave em different stat arrangements to really accommodate their different movesets. I know they did that later with Indeedee and the like at least.

As for Ninetales, I think thematically it would be better as either Fire/Ghost or Fire/Psychic instead of just pure Fire. And hey giving it Ghost would give gen 1 one more line of that typing instead of just the Gengar line.

Victini I think could've been reconned gen 6 onward into Fairy/Fire rather than Psychic/Fire. Actually a lot of the early cute mythicals could've been given the fairy typing. I think it would've worked well for like Celebi, Jirachi and Manaphy

I wish Venusaur had a cooler looking Mega that wasn't just "he have bigger flower now"

the gradient between appletuns green and tan is kind of fucked up… idk exactly how I’d fix it but it’s nasty

the gradient between appletuns green and tan is kind of fucked up… idk exactly how I’d fix it but it’s nasty
what if it was more autumnal themed? I know that's kinda cliché for grass types, but honestly I think it could work, like a warm apple pie with cinnamon.

A lot of people probably think this and it was corrected in a way with Mega Evolution (until Mega Evolution vanished from the games after Gen VII), but I would give Charizard the Dragon typing rather than the Flying typing. Maybe to make him less vulnerable to Ground-type moves, I'd give him Levitate to compensate for his loss to Ground immunity with the typing, but really, Charizard looks so much like a dragon that it should have gained the Dragon typing upon evolution.

Back
Top Bottom