• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What would you do if you were turned into a Pokemon

Hello, @Ohaxer! Welcome to the forums! :3

I've moved your thread here in the General section, as this place is more fitting for this kind of general Pokémon threads.

To answer your question... I would probably freak out at first, especially if I was turned into a non-bipedal Pokémon. However, I would soon try out the many interesting skills that I would acquire, while making sure to not be caught by random people.

Life would probably be hard on me because I would be a rare species zoologists would want to study. I would most likely stay home to avoid people. If everyone got turned into Pokemon, then I wouldn't have to worry being captured.

Hopefully I'm a fire type. Try to capture me? BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN! Or maybe a psychic type so I could somehow communicate with people. Oh a ghost type so I can scare people. :p

Though if I did get captured I hope it'd be by someone who'd use me in battle and take care of me. I'd hate to be stuck in a computer for the rest of eternity (unless its Alola in which case free island paradise, sweet) or worse... stuck in a pokemon daycare. :eek:

I would definitely be alarmed, especially if I had appendages or limbs wildly different from that of a human being. However, given the knowledge I have about it (cough PMD games cough), I don't the shock would last long. I would immediately try out a move though like Thunder Shock, Ember, Bubble, or Leafage. Hopefully I would become one of the starters I like or something basic, but safe like a Pikachu :p

I like overthinking things, so the first critical distinction is that you're aware that you weren't always a Pokemon. (Otherwise, how would you even know? and that's boring)

Surprise and denial are the most likely first reactions. But another variable that matters here is which Pokemon specifically -- if it's a species you're already a fan of, that will lessen the initial shock and you will likely be quicker to accept your new form. Similarly, the more your Pokemon body resembles a human form, the easier a time you will have adjusting to its movements.

And then there is the matter of what kind of setting we're talking about -- is it the traditional Poke-world where young Trainers go out to catch wild Pokemon in Poke balls? Or some other region with a more organic coexistence of humans and Pokemon? The Ranger world? The PMD world?

If you have to interact with humans, how do you do it? It's clearly established that few Pokemon can actually speak the human tongue, but this is actually distinct from a Pokemon's comprehension of human language. Maybe you wouldn't have a vocal system capable of producing the variety of sounds needed to replicate human speech, but what about reading and writing?

As for powers and abilities, it's safe to assume that some of the "low level" moves will come naturally to you in practice (either intentional or by accidental discovery) but refining your abilities into "high level" techniques will require more time to figure out.

And then there is the matter of what kind of setting we're talking about -- is it the traditional Poke-world where young Trainers go out to catch wild Pokemon in Poke balls? Or some other region with a more organic coexistence of humans and Pokemon? The Ranger world? The PMD world?

our world

I'll be the happiest person in the world! I will surely want to be Jigglypuff and I will serenade everyone with my not so impressive voice. LOL.

Floop the flip out, and then assume a more pragmatic way of thought and hightail it over to America so that I could become the beloved pet of one of the Star War's cast. (I'm not single-minded I'm SENSIBLE)

...If this is in our world, then that would suck quite a bit. It would be your typical reaction of shock, fear, and perhaps disgust, depending on which type of Pokemon I was transformed into. As the logistics of this situation hit me, I would feel more and more unpleasantness about everything. The worst part would be having to explain this to my parents. I cannot even fathom what their reaction would be initially, but I would be forced to do.

I imagine after they got used to it though, my life wouldn't change much, though it would become more stressful and depressing. I wouldn't leave the house at all, but I rarely do anyway. Probably would just sit around being on the internet as usual, permanently trapped and consigned to my prison home because really, I wouldn't want anyone to know. (Though if I had no means of holding things, such as hands or psychic powers, I wouldn't really be able to use a computer much and become quite depressed.) My husband would have to take extensive care of me regardless.

Depending on which abilities I had, I'd probably be afraid of them and hesitant to use them, due to the mass destructive effects they'd have in this world. We might end up having to move to a more rural and desolate area based on my form. Let's hope I become a biped humanlike Pokemon to make things easier.

I am kind of a downer, aren't I? But if it were in a Mystery Dungeonlike world or even just the regular Pokemon world with trainers, I can't say I'd mind much, and things would be significantly more upbeat.

Depends on what I turn into. It would be nice to turn into a flying type. I've always wanted to be a bird.

My, my. So many moody answers to such a lighthearted question! I'd be an Incineroar and sign up for matches against burly Machokes. :'3

I'd probably be a Passimian since all they do is eat and play with each other.

I'd just go find some young child to become the Pokémon of and live a decent life of companionship. Being a Pokémon and a protector of a child doesn't sound so bad to me, and neither does being loved and appreciated. Also, the battling life sounds too intense for me; I just want to take it easy and relax.

Try out my newly-acquired powers and beat up some boxes, who knows. If I'm turned into a legendary Pokémon I'd be in serious trouble -- where would I live?!

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom