• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

What would you have changed about Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl?

Crisbee Donut

Kut it Up!
Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
The world styles are indeed good with crisp details but i hate overworld encounters that can chase you into a forced battle This includes
-Gen 5 Dust Clouds
-Gen 6 Ariados and Woobat/Swoobat in caves.
-Gen 6/7 shadows that trigger encounters in areas Venipede near the Kalos castle and Fearow Shadows hovering over grass like Poni Meadow
Visible Gen 8 overworld pokemon like Sneasel that chase you when you're just travelling.
Isle of Armor Sharpedo (These have caused be so many of these battles while i was cruising between dlc islands looking for those Alolan dittos.)

I dunno if Let's Go had those but only the Grand Underground in BDSP has potential pokemon that chase you. But the games need some sort of overworld chase repel
I agree with everything on this, repels should work like that
Let's Go didn't have those I think

Nichole the Otter

crazy oshawott lady
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/Her
What I would have changed:
  • Platinum regional Dex
  • Shiny Charm to affect wild encounters like it already did in other games
  • Trainer customisation to not be locked to preset outfits and hairstyles
  • Pokétch should have had a second button to go backwards like it was in Platinum
  • Platinum outfits should be available without being locked behind Mystery Gift
  • Super Contests should be like they were in the originals, but without the dressup portion as it doesn’t translate well onto the 3D models.
  • Make Nosepass evolve with a Thunder Stone
  • TMs should be infinite use
  • Elite Four and Cynthia to have competitive-level teams in rematches only, not the first battle, in order to be friendlier to newer players who don’t yet understand the competitive scene
  • Add regional variants of Gen 1-4 Pokémon to the game
  • Have a minigame to raise affection, like Pokémon Amie or Pokémon Camp
  • Have Manaphy’s egg be a gift from an NPC instead of Mystery Gift
  • Use a different art style, instead of the poorly handled chibi character designs

Totem_Rowlet

Chilling on a Beach somewhere.
Reaction score
Pronouns
He-Him
What I would have changed:
  • Platinum regional Dex
  • Shiny Charm to affect wild encounters like it already did in other games
  • Trainer customisation to not be locked to preset outfits and hairstyles
  • Pokétch should have had a second button to go backwards like it was in Platinum
  • Platinum outfits should be available without being locked behind Mystery Gift
  • Super Contests should be like they were in the originals, but without the dressup portion as it doesn’t translate well onto the 3D models.
  • Make Nosepass evolve with a Thunder Stone
  • TMs should be infinite use
  • Elite Four and Cynthia to have competitive-level teams in rematches only, not the first battle, in order to be friendlier to newer players who don’t yet understand the competitive scene
  • Add regional variants of Gen 1-4 Pokémon to the game
  • Have a minigame to raise affection, like Pokémon Amie or Pokémon Camp
  • Have Manaphy’s egg be a gift from an NPC instead of Mystery Gift
  • Use a different art style, instead of the poorly handled chibi character designs
Everything she said, plus full nat dex, platinum dex mons, better following pokemon, and less buggy.

Pokefan_1987

Reaction score
BDSP does needs a option to turn off the insane competitive teams on elite 4 as in only if you want em including the higher levels or the team changes and remove the Milotic's Flame Orb healing gimmick on normal setting. Think of it these changes like the challenge mode in Black and White but the option is available anytime.

It's already insane that gym leaders get a level 70 boost and new teams after getting national dex.
And the E4 get a final upgrade after Heatran is caught. (Which i'm gonna avoid for my own sanity)

Last edited: