• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What would you like to see in a pokemon spin-off?

I'd kinda wanna see a Pokemon Warriors game, kinda like how Legend of Zelda and Fire Emblem did. Just imagine the possibilities. Just as long as there was at least one...maybe two...of each Pokemon type represented as playable.

I'd really like a continuation of the Pokemon Stadium games, if only to experience more of the fun mini-games that made me love the games so much. n.n

You don't really need the Stadium games for that, you can have mini games in just about any game.

You don't really need the Stadium games for that, you can have mini games in just about any game.
You're missing the point of my post -- Pokemon Stadium's minigames in particular are super memorable and enjoyable to me. I miss the nostalgic value those minigames had for me, and even if it isn't in a Stadium game, something similar to it in the future that would still have the fun mini-game aspect along with the battling aspect would be nice to have.

Last edited:
I really want a full scale camping sim that ends up being semi-open world with a forest and special areas to explore that make the world feel more real. Less puzzle solving so the camera could be freely rotated. Based on a redwood forest. Pokemon would be true to size and you could start out with quite a few Pokemon as a starter instead of a typical one. Caves and waterfalls that don't feel like chores or obstacles. Just spectacles of how beautiful the Pokemon world could be. I'd want a story, too, but maybe one that was incidental.

Mature themes in a Pokémon game could work, but knowing TPCi, it would at most get a Teen rating. Someone could pull it off, sure, but there's a good chance it will end up being the Pokémon equivalent of Shadow the Hedgehog (the game).

If done well, it could be spiritual successor of the Orre games, and maybe even have the difficulty those games had (at least, if you don't exploit the Master Ball glitch).

Or perhaps PMD games. Especially Super Mystery Dungeon with completely different settings?

Nintendo might get away with T-rating for mature themes, but if they hired Suda51 (of Grasshopper Manufacture) for writing a Pokémon spin-off, its rating would get locked to Mature rating (one of few exceptions are T-Rated Liberation Maiden on 3DS) even if there are supervisors watching.

Also consider Detective Pikachu movie, T-Rating would be good if it's around Liberation Maiden levels, but if reaching No More Heroes levels (with the use of F-bombs no less!) then this Pokémon spin-off would get locked into Mature Rating instead of Teen Rating.

Or perhaps PMD games. Especially Super Mystery Dungeon with completely different settings?

Nintendo might get away with T-rating for mature themes, but if they hired Suda51 (of Grasshopper Manufacture) for writing a Pokémon spin-off, its rating would get locked to Mature rating (one of few exceptions are T-Rated Liberation Maiden on 3DS) even if there are supervisors watching.

Also consider Detective Pikachu movie, T-Rating would be good if it's around Liberation Maiden levels, but if reaching No More Heroes levels (with the use of F-bombs no less!) then this Pokémon spin-off would get locked into Mature Rating instead of Teen Rating.
Erm, I still don't see it working. Swearing would make it look excessive and out of place. Also, isn't Suda51 the guy known to make those weird as hell games like Killer 7?

Erm, I still don't see it working. Swearing would make it look excessive and out of place. Also, isn't Suda51 the guy known to make those weird as hell games like Killer 7?
Yes. Suda51 is. Some of his games like No More Heroes and Liberation Maiden have character designs penned by Yusuke Kozaki (the same guy who designed Pokémon GO human characters). I can see some swearing in the games albeit in a toned-down way, if a new Pokémon spin-off gets written by Suda51.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind (and absolutely wanted) an M-Rated Pokémon action game focusing on Pokémon fighting themselves, with plot-driven story arcs and darker storyline (worse than Super Mystery Dungeon and Rumble Blast) where the main character is a Pokémon who's a jerky antiheroic civilian or a vile law enforcer who's an anti-hero/anti-villain character at best (similar to Suda51's works). Also given Pokémon Generations among the adult-oriented Pokémon media, it wouldn't be surprising if a new Pokémon spin-off game gets Mature rating.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom