- Aug 3, 2010
- Reaction score
May I add that it would be nice to have the following returned as well?-Full open world where you can go anywhere on the map and complete gyms in any order. To facilitate this, the trainer levels would scale based on how many gym badges you have.
-Following/Riding Pokemon is retained from LGPE and whichever Pokemon follows you can use their field move. Field moves can affect just about anything in the environment like BotW. You can cut down any tree, move or smash any boulder, climb any rock wall, etc. Here is a full list of field moves I would implement:
- -Push: Can push boulders around like Strength in previous games.
- -Break: Can smash boulders and fragile surfaces (such as cracked rock walls or ice walls) like Rock Smash in previous games.
- -Cut: Can cut down trees. Cut trees can turn into logs that can be pushed around using Strength to use as bridges, or can be Cut a second time to be destroyed completely.
- -Fly: Can soar above the map, allowing you to reach high ledges and explore the clouds to find Pokemon. Can only land in certain areas, such as cities, landmarks, clearings, and high places (this is to prevent it from making the exploration and puzzle solving too easy).
- -Swim: Can travel on any water surface. Works exactly the same as Surf in every other game.
- -Jet: Can swim against faster currents on water surfaces. This includes waterfalls, rapids, and currents such as the ones seen in Seafloor Cavern and Unova Rt. 17.
- -Dive: Can swim underwater. Works like underwater swimming in most adventure games, the underwater sections are a continuous extension of the above water sections.
- -Climb: Can climb any rocky surface. Some surfaces, such as smooth metal surfaces with no grips, cannot be climbed.
- -Jump: Can jump up small ledges and across gaps.
If you do not have a Pokemon that has one of these field moves, you can choose to rent a Pokemon that does. These Pokemon do not battle with you and don't take up a slot in your team.
- Sweet Scent: either works as it always has OR attracts wild pokemon in the overworld. The return of horde battles through this mechanic would be nice too
- Dig: Instantly escape dungeons
- Teleport: have it work like the Travel Medallion, allowing you to select your current location as a marker to instantly travel back to
- Flash: light up dark areas and places with heavy mist. Might attract/disturb pokemon in certain areas
- Secret Power: cause who doesn't like making a secret base?
Additionally, I'd make it so that rental pokemon return to their owner if you leave them behind, as well as having them be in the field continuously.