• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What would you like to see in future games.

I would like a feature to rematch any of the Gym Leaders from the whole series, yep all 48 of them can be challenged in the post-game in a certain area. New evolutions and pre-evolutions of past Pokémon. At least 70% of the Pokédex should be new Pokémon. The number of new Pokémon must be over 100. I would like the return of the VS Seeker and be able to use it indoors. I want Gyms to return along with a Battle Frontier. Pokémon transferred from previous generations should show the exact location caught, not the region. I would like the ability to catch a Pokémon while there's more than one on the field. I would like Amiibo compatibility with a Pokémon line of figures. I would want all field moves to be HMs. There should be a lot of post-game areas that contain National Dex Pokémon, and items that help you find National Dex Pokémon in older areas. There should be a Dark type gym. Seeing all the Pokémon in the national dex should be possible by defeating all the trainers in the game. All Pokémon should be catchable in the paired versions alone without transferring from older games or waiting for later games.

Removal of customization. Gym leader rematches returning. BF returning. Cameo appearances of Lance and others.

Removal of customization.
Please no. Customization isn't hurting anyone (not to mention I love it, in addition to many), so I see no point in removing it.

I'm a fan of the idea of adding in a little variance in Pokemon appearances. Basically, having Pokemon slightly tinted like in the Stadium games, some slight size differences, and especially eye colors to give Pokemon that feeling of uniqueness. I'm not sure how much could be implemented, but I'd like for eye colors for Pokemon to be implemented first, at least.

A really good plot.

In all honesty, Black and White's plot was moving and at several points, I had tears in my eyes while I played the games. I'd love a great story line that tugs my heartstrings. As long as you give me a great story, I'll be happy.
Oh my God, 100% agreement. After BW, I've been expecting more out of Pokemon plots, whereas before, I pretty much just accepted that they couldn't be compelling at all.

I'm not sure how easy/hard this would be to implement, but I would love to be able to do some minor customization on my Pokemon besides nicknaming. Maybe a little scarf, a ribbon on the tail, something like that that isn't too intrusive. The immersion factor would go up by a lot for me. Bonus points if they implemented it into Pokemon Amie/Pokemon Refresh. It would make my Pokemon stand out if I were battling one of the same species.

Also, difficulty levels. I know that Game Freak knows there are quite a few of us who are older and have been playing these games for a while. Adding some challenge options for us would help to refresh the game significantly, and they can still have an easy mode for the children they wish to market to.

More than 8 gyms so if you're having trouble with one gym, you can try again or go to another gym. Or have the extra gyms as an optional challenge.

And a way to keep track of EVs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because it's lacking more than just about any region so far and we haven't seen what they can really do with it. There's just so much room for improvement in XY.
To add to this, if it means tying up loose ends and fixing a plot that had to take a backseat due to using an updated engine, Game Freak should just make another installment of that region (third version or sequels) instead of moving on to the next generation just because they didn't want to be predictable. Either that, or Game Freak needs to have stuff usually saved for third/sequel installments in the first debut pair to justify only giving us the initial pair of games for that region.

Also, make the next paired installment take place in two different regions that are next to each other, with only the a third post-game region being available for both.

Last edited:
Oh, I want to see more European regions. Kalos was a good start as a French region - next, I'd like to see a German/British/Italian one.

To add to this, if it means tying up loose ends and fixing a plot that had to take a backseat due to using an updated engine, Game Freak should just make another installment of that region (third version or sequels) instead of moving on to the next generation jsut because they didn't want t be predictable. Either that, or Game Freak needs to have stuff usually saved for third/sequel installments in the first debut pair to justify only giving us the initial pair of games for that region.

Also, make the next paired installment take place in two different regions that are next to each other, with only the a third post-game region being available for both.

Yeah, if Game Freak wants to do away with the third version formula that's fine, but it becomes problematic in a situation such as this when the initial pair have significant flaws to them and are lacking in a particular element of the gameplay. In this case, XY is hurt by its poor replay value and storyline and we've been stuck waiting for a game that fixes those issues. Imagine if there was no Platinum and we were stuck with a DP that had a poor regional dex and slower game speed? There'd be a whole lot more criticism lobbed at 4th gen. That's pretty much the situation Kalos is in now, we don't have that polished gameplay experience that it needs to correct the serious flaws in the experience.

Something to think about guys, when you form an opinion on which regions you like or which regions you don't like, do you go by the initial pair or by the followup that fleshes the game out? Because it's hardly fair to compare a game like XY to fully realized games like Emerald, Platinum, and BW2. And there's only a handful of regions I would've liked without having those kinds of experiences (really just Hoenn and Sinnoh).

So anyway yeah, not to drag this too far off topic but that's why it matters so much that we see Kalos again. So we can enjoy and remember the game as something positive instead of a flawed experience that leaves us wondering what could've been.

Last edited:
Quadruped final form for the fire starter.

Stronger/more version differences.

-More regional forms
-New Megas
-New terrain moves
-Seasons (when appropriate)
- Greater version differences
- More different ideas for the Pokemon journey.
- Difficulty options

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom