• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What would you like to see in future games.

vulcan539

Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right area for this so yeah.

I'v been playing the games since Red/blue were released in NZ and while I always have and still do love the games, some things rub me the wrong way or jsut don't agree with me.

These are my personally thoughts for the Pokémon games and I expect people to disagree and have their own ideas.

1. Longer games.
I would love to see them bring back the ability to travel to a different region after the league. Since SS & HG brought this back I was disappointed when B/W removed this feature. Now I know that there are four main regions and more sub regions that are seen in the anime and side games.
For me I would love the ability to visit travel the entire Pokémon world as we know it within a single game and compete in all the different leagues including ones like the Orange league, etc.

2. Different battle types.
While having double and triple battles is nice and all for the everyday trainer you fight along the way, I would like to see a mix up in things to happen.
For example: During Ash’s travels in the Orange Islands, the gym battles there weren’t just standard Pokémon fight.
Now I don’t know how hard it would be to balance and implement something like this into the game, but for me I would love to see some unique battle types that spiced up the run of the mill turn based ones we have atm.

3. Side Quests.
I toughly enjoy side quest in games, when they help flesh out the world, history of the world and people that live within it.
Now things like the Unknown quest in HG/SS were a pain in the ass and time consuming. With the end prize feeling underwhelming once actually obtained.
If they add small quest like taking items to someone in a different region so you are encouraged to visit different places that aren’t normally on the beaten track with rewards that fit the task or something.

4. Pokémon Contests.
Actually doing something with this.

5. Fun Side games.
Not the pointless block making.
Something like the Pokéathlon in HG/SS can’t remember if it appeared in BW.
but include things like Trainer & Pokémon contest, like the Pokémon Race in Joto or the water sled race seen in the Pokémon Hero’s Latias/Latios movie

6. New Pokémon Not New Forms.
I don’t like them. They seem half assed and to me it seems like there running out of new ideas.
I would rather see new Pokémon, or if they can’t think of any, Use that time and energy to work on some other element of the game.

All I want is less forms, less evolutions or pre-evolutions of past creatures, the return of rematches outside of a stupid tournament that won't give experience, and more post-Elite 4 content (map-wise and story-wise, nothing gimmicky like contests or some other crap like that).

Agreed Dread that would be nice, part of the reason HG/SS are my favorite games.

Oh. My. Gosh. You just LITERALLY said the words I was thinking, vulcan539. I SO agree with EVERYTHING you said. I would SO love a longer game. The plots just end too fast for me. =/ Also I agree with the rematch things. I LOVED Platinum for that reason. My Pokemon were almost level 100 just by battling the gym leaders and such. Ah, good times, good times...:3
And side quests would be amazing, too. It'd give players some more adventure to do. Maybe if you finish a sidequest you unlock another one? I'm not sure, but I'd still be great. And YES, NEW Pokemon, not new formes. That is just ridiculous. It was cool with Giratina and Arceus and Shaymin and stuff, okay, but now it's just getting old...>.>
Yes. Contests annoy me to no end. Why I don't do them. Maybe something like the musical would make it better, although there could be more interaction with your Pokemon...
That's all I have to say for now, but I have a reason I'll be coming back to this thread...

I'm sure there's tons of people out there that agree with you. But my gosh, You just think the same things as me. Good to know it. xD.
I seriously hope, though, that in these new games we can walk with Pokemon...Do you KNOW how much I want to walk with my Darkrai or my Giratina? Yeah, TONS. Why they never incorporated that into all the games, I'll never know...
I seriously hope GF comes upon this thread or whatever. If all these ideas are put into X and Y, it'd be everybody's favorite game. I guarantee it. :3 Man, just thinking if X and Y were to have all these changes is making me hope a little too much, but I can dream...

Agreed dreaming is all we can do sometimes.
And yes walking with pokemon would be great to have with the new graphic over haul.

I wouldn't really call traveling to another region a feature. It was in GSC and, of course, the HGSS remakes because they were central to the plot, not really just an extra. But I agree that I would like to see the games longer after you beat the league with a bit more to do than just catching the legendaries. Such as what Platinum had with the Heatran Quest with Team Galactic.

And I definitely agree about the formes, but for me, specifically for legendary Pokemon. It is no longer cool when every legend gets one.

A really good plot.

In all honesty, Black and White's plot was moving and at several points, I had tears in my eyes while I played the games. I'd love a great story line that tugs my heartstrings. As long as you give me a great story, I'll be happy.

BW had like THE BEST plot ever. We need more great stories like that

I wanted to see new combo types and some animals/things/stuff that have not been used yet as theme for Pokemons. I wanted also a game that was not entirely linear like Unova. I like some backtracing and exploring like R/B/Y and G/S/C.

I totally agree on just about everything u said vulcan, except for number 6.

I like it when Pokemon gain new forms (that doesn't mean that i hate new pokemon). New Pokemon forms make it much more interesting, kind of like the complex Digivolutions in Digimon. The Pokemon with forms that I love most is Castform. Too bad they didn't make new forms for it for some other weathers like sandstorm and fog. Maybe they will in Gen VI.

One or two (if there's two, then one of them could be the rival) antagonistic Pokémon Trainers as the main villains rather than evil organization.
Holds more potential than the standard evil team, doesn't it?

I really like this, and I'm surprised I'd never thought of this.

Regional design greater than or equal to Hoenn and Sinnoh's.

Also, can we stop with this pattern of having tons of new Pokemon, little to no new evolutions odd gens and the exact opposite in even gens? It really hinders the series' development.

After you beat the elite four a new town should open up and you should be able to build your own gym and npcs of varying difficulties come and challenge you. You could design your own badge with the signiture drawing device.

Battle Streetpassed players.
Good plot.
Good post game that has some storylines.
A rival who isn't your best friend, and shows up at the worst times.
Pokémon walk behind you. I will keep wishing for this until it happens again.
Some NPC's from previous games make more cameos.
Also, to make use of the 3ds' gyroscope, Some areas have a lookout where you can gaze upon the sky and surrounding routes/towns.

I really like the idea of sidequests and a longer story, not to mention a new, more complex plot. Of course, anything that's groundbreaking is good enough for me, like how the fifth generation had better graphics and connectivity (now we don't have to go in Union Rooms anymore!).

In-Game Trading section on Pokemon

There should be something that would show any In-Game trades if the pokemon is involved with the trade. It would show where it is, and whether you need to trade it, or you get it from a trade. The top arrow facing right on it would be bold if you need it in your party to trade, and the bottom arrow pointing left would be if you get it in return. It would also show a Held Item. This would be useful for tracking In-game trades.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom