• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What would you like to see in future games.

While I think that would be a cute and interesting idea, I’m sure plenty of people would give sufficient backlash. I’m sure that, based on the mechanics of the move Attract, game Freak would go with the more realistic nature route in deciding what Pokémon can fall in love. And that probably means same egg group, opposite gender. And while I don’t see the issue there, a lot of people might get upset that Pokémon can’t be homosexual or something like that. Game freak just doesn’t seem like a company that modern enough to think of something like that. Also, what happens to the genderless Pokémon? Can they fall in love despite being unable to breed?

Bottom line, I just feel like it’s more trouble than it’s worth.

Also, then breeding would be some kind of test of conscience... like, am I forcing two Pokémon to make an egg when they don’t love each other??
Well, the idea was that if two Pokémon fight together enough, they can fall in love AND breed but that doesn't mean they can't breed without it or the can't fall in love without breeding (thus, even genderless can fall in love because love isn't about wanting to breed, it's about emotions). I wouldn't even call it "love", I'd call it a "bond". But what I said about making breeding more humane is that people would at least acknowledge the fact pokemon need feelings too and not only in a form of player interaction. I hate how people breed pokemon en masse and produce fakes to fight with. The need to care about your pokemon wellbeing to make your pokemon superior (like bonded pokemon giving an offspring with better stats) would make people slow down and think. That won't happen but that's what I want.

Well, the idea was that if two Pokémon fight together enough, they can fall in love AND breed but that doesn't mean they can't breed without it or the can't fall in love without breeding (thus, even genderless can fall in love because love isn't about wanting to breed, it's about emotions). I wouldn't even call it "love", I'd call it a "bond". But what I said about making breeding more humane is that people would at least acknowledge the fact pokemon need feelings too and not only in a form of player interaction. I hate how people breed pokemon en masse and produce fakes to fight with. The need to care about your pokemon wellbeing to make your pokemon superior (like bonded pokemon giving an offspring with better stats) would make people slow down and think. That won't happen but that's what I want.
Hm... yeah that makes sense. Just changing the word to bond alleviates any issue I could foresee. Like, in Fire Emblem you can bond your characters together. Is that kinda how you were thinking of it? And then the stronger the bond the higher chance they might get crits or save each other from death or something. That would be neat.

Hm... yeah that makes sense. Just changing the word to bond alleviates any issue I could foresee. Like, in Fire Emblem you can bond your characters together. Is that kinda how you were thinking of it? And then the stronger the bond the higher chance they might get crits or save each other from death or something. That would be neat.
Yeah, the same as in Fire Emblem and you also have to note that, just like in FE, hetero- and homosexual love implications are still there but hidden under the ambiguous "bond" term just like conservative Japanese love it (kizuna, bond). That way we can have fun making our pokemon pairings of dreams (yeah, even gay ones) but still enjoy the ambiguity that make them seem like friends.

Still, I want trainer/trainer relationships more.

This may seem small, but I would like to see NPCs matybe give some offhand comments on the player character's attire if it doesn't seem to fit the situation, such as if it's cold outside but the player character is wearing a tank top or short-sleeved shirt and shorts and the character wonders how the player character isn't freezing, or if its sweltering outside but the player character is wearing winter clothing the character wonders how the player character isn't sweltering in that outfit.

This may seem small, but I would like to see NPCs matybe give some offhand comments on the player character's attire if it doesn't seem to fit the situation, such as if it's cold outside but the player character is wearing a tank top or short-sleeved shirt and shorts and the character wonders how the player character isn't freezing, or if its sweltering outside but the player character is wearing winter clothing the character wonders how the player character isn't sweltering in that outfit.
IIRC There is an NPC in DP or Platinum in Snowpoint City who does just that. I agree though, it'd be cool to see more of it. Things that seem a little out of place being acknowledged makes the NPCs seem a little be more real.

IIRC There is an NPC in DP or Platinum in Snowpoint City who does just that. I agree though, it'd be cool to see more of it. Things that seem a little out of place being acknowledged makes the NPCs seem a little be more real.

You know, expanding on my previous wish a bit, I wouldn't mind having the player character react to differences in temperature depending on the clothes they're wearing, kind of like Mario did in Super Mario Odyssey. If the player character is wearing a tank top or short-sleeved shirt and shorts in frigid weather, have them shiver. If they're in winter clothing in the desert, have them sweat and fan themselves for air, possibly even looking a bit dizzy from the heat.

So, this is something I’d like to see regarding Pokémon cries.

In gen 6, they were all revamped to sound slightly more realistic (or rather, I guess “less robotic” might be a more accurate description). Also in gen 6, when you play with your Pokémon in amie (and by extension refresh), they have small varied clips of their cries depending on things such as when you let hem or make them angry. So it makes them a little more animalistic in that way.

Anyway, what I'm getting at is, I think it would be neat if in battle Pokémon might make more realistic sounds when attacking or defending or whatnot. Similar to when a Pokémon uses growl, how they make their cry, but more... situational? Like, a dog barking and a dog whimpering are two very different sounds from the same animal. I’m not saying every Pokémon has to have a plethora of cries, but just a couple that are different enough while being recognizable to that species. Kinda like when you send out (or used to, I don’t remember if they got rid of this or not) a Pokémon with a status ailment or less than half health, it’s cry is slightly pitch-shifted down to sound slower and lower. It’s a subtle change, but effective, and that’s why I think slightly more noticeable changes to the cry could be neat.

Of course, none of this affects the gameplay or anything important, I guess it’s just a realism thing I think would be cool to see.

Ok I want more pokemon with Drizzle ability and got a solution to make Politoed usefull and not loose its niche.

Make Politoed learn:

Throat Chop, Sparkling Aria, Boom-burst, Aqua Jet, Fake Out or First Impresion, Parting Shot.

This would make Politoed more usefull and gain a more stabile niche and place in the meta game.

This way Swampert with Drizzle and some other new Drizzle users could be posibble in future.

The same could be made with other weather casters if they would get better move sets for weaker pokes.
The most users are not from Snow Warning ability... interesting.
Earth Power/Bone Club- ground option vs Mega Gengar

- Heal Pulse targeting your own pokemon in singles but with halfed healing power for the user

Last edited:
Figured I'd drop this here- this is an idea of what I'd like to see if Missingno was made into an official pokemon:

index.png
index2.png
index3.png

Regular (pixel) Form, Ghost Form and Fossil Form.

Maybe a less pixelated smoke around Ghost Form, though...

Last edited:
After playing Pokken, I want your Trainer to get a lot more clothes. A LOT more clothes. Blazers, tanks, diving suits, normal suits, dress shirts, jackets. All of it. And I want males to get accessories--feather in their hair, special clip for hat, a pin for their jacket, etc., etc.. Always ticks me off in games like Fire Emblem and S/M when they add a whole new category of clothes, and only the females get to use it.

Also, if Pokemon Amie/Refresh is still a thing, I demand the right to hug my Pokemon. ASH CAN HUG HIS PIKACHU. BRUCE CAN HUG HIS MACHOKE. WHY CAN'T I HUG MY BABY INCINEROAR?!

its maybe ackward but what about making Long Reach not only not make contact but also allow to hit pokemon that use Fly, Dive, Phantom Force , Dig in their "protected turn"?

That'd be interesting. I'd be okay with Fly, but I'm not sure it would fit thematically with the others.

That'd be interesting. I'd be okay with Fly, but I'm not sure it would fit thematically with the others.

Fly, Bounce, Sky Drop , Dive and Phantom force should...

"Long Reach"

The user o the ability is part ghost maybe that should count too for that?
and the oponnts types he uses moves against will too?

Dig could be a exception but it's a ghost type that why I think te ground shouldn't be a problem for a archer Owl ghost+ it would fit the burry owl theme if used with Spirit Shakle.

(Also would add moves like Mystical Fire to that list of hitting in Semi-Invulnerable turns.)

Category:Moves that can hit semi-invulnerable Pokémon - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

We would need more moves to hit pokes that use Dive. Especially if they are strong like Wishiwashi or very fast like swift swim Kingdra.
Maybe it was to strong with power 90, why not make it power 70 like Extreem Speed, increased prioirty +2 and traping the oponent.
Or make them incresed priority moves the first round like First Impresion, but after they work with the pokemons regular speed???

(Water Schurikn is a priority multi hit move that changed after one generation from physical into special move)

This way they could have a + over shadow tag users and other pokes.

Psychic terrrain and anti-priority-abilities also are there if something.

Last edited:
I want the games to have more gyms and I need that dark type gym. Also, some gyms tend to gravitate too much to early game and some gravitate too much to late game. For example, it's impossible to find a late game bug gym and water gym is almost always late game. It creates this stereotype that certain types are just weaker which is wrong. Also, why no normal type Pokemon leaguers? Would be funny if the first gym to defeat was a Dragon type gym with some overconfident teenager as head.
I want new types to be introduced, too. I think the type that will make the most sense to introduce now will be Space type. There are just too many pokemon who look like aliens, meteors or UFOs not to have thus type (deoxys, clefairy, elgyem, reuniclus, solrock, lunatone, minior, magnezone, UBs). Plus, Ground type is in DIRE need of nerfing so Space would nicely balance it out if it would be completely immune to ground. And resistance to water would be nice too (water freezes in space). It would be weak to normal (because humans defeat aliens or something but mostly because normal type needs a boost)

I want the games to have more gyms and I need that dark type gym. Also, some gyms tend to gravitate too much to early game and some gravitate too much to late game. For example, it's impossible to find a late game bug gym and water gym is almost always late game. It creates this stereotype that certain types are just weaker which is wrong. Also, why no normal type Pokemon leaguers? Would be funny if the first gym to defeat was a Dragon type gym with some overconfident teenager as head.
I want new types to be introduced, too. I think the type that will make the most sense to introduce now will be Space type. There are just too many pokemon who look like aliens, meteors or UFOs not to have thus type (deoxys, clefairy, elgyem, reuniclus, solrock, lunatone, minior, magnezone, UBs). Plus, Ground type is in DIRE need of nerfing so Space would nicely balance it out if it would be completely immune to ground. And resistance to water would be nice too (water freezes in space). It would be weak to normal (because humans defeat aliens or something but mostly because normal type needs a boost)
While I definitely agree about the gym placement, I also think they do that for a balanced game. The best thing against dragons has always been ice, but ice areas are often found mid-to-late game. And yes, but Pokémon tend to be weaker in general so they always end up first or second.

Now, what baffles me is, why are the rock-type gyms always so early? Rock can definitely be a strong type, but every gym we’ve had has been early game. Brock, Roxanne, and Roark are all first, and that rock climber guy from XY (name eludes me ATM) is second. This one always has me wondering why.

You say that dragon type is too OP for early game because only ice can balance it out and it is usually late game but what if ice is early game too? What if ice type is first gym and dragon is second? I remember I said somewhere on this forum that I want early game pokemon to be diverse so every weakness is covered early. I can't see why MC can't start from a town surrounded with ice, fairy and dragon pokemon and even have Dragon type first gym thanks to this. Why everything must be normal type in the beginning? Seems boring to me. And yeah, I agree about rock.
While I definitely agree about the gym placement, I also think they do that for a balanced game. The best thing against dragons has always been ice, but ice areas are often found mid-to-late game. And yes, but Pokémon tend to be weaker in general so they always end up first or second.

Now, what baffles me is, why are the rock-type gyms always so early? Rock can definitely be a strong type, but every gym we’ve had has been early game. Brock, Roxanne, and Roark are all first, and that rock climber guy from XY (name eludes me ATM) is second. This one always has me wondering why.

You say that dragon type is too OP for early game because only ice can balance it out and it is usually late game but what if ice is early game too? What if ice type is first gym and dragon is second? I remember I said somewhere on this forum that I want early game pokemon to be diverse so every weakness is covered early. I can't see why MC can't start from a town surrounded with ice, fairy and dragon pokemon and even have Dragon type first gym thanks to this. Why everything must be normal type in the beginning? Seems boring to me. And yeah, I agree about rock.
I’m not saying there can’t be a snowy section at the beginning. I was just saying that because of their region design they typically save dragon for the end. I think it also works in dragon’s favor that most of them have high BSTs.

But yes, I would love to see them shake things up.

And on a similar note, there are certain types we’ve never seen as elite four memebers. Getting sick of seeing the same ghost, dragon, dark, etc., I want to see some like grass and normal make it into the E4.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom