• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What would you like to see in PMD 5?

I've never played PMD games. What is the joy in the game?

I hope Z-Moves to not make any sort of appearance regardless of the fact I've never played any PMD games.

I've never played PMD games. What is the joy in the game?
PMD follows the "roguelike" formula -- you explore randomly-generated dungeons to collect loot (and occasionally defeat bosses). The setting is a world inhabited by Pokemon exclusively, and it's a staple that you play the role of a human turned into a Pokemon after being somehow transported into said world.

PMD also generally has stronger storytelling than the main series, with the stories being more epic in scope (usually culminating in a race to save the world from some cataclysm).

I mean
the first game also had Absol as an storyline npc. It admittedly wasn't very involved, but was a forced playable recruit in an important story moment

... this thread is sure making me appreciate the rescue team games more

I mean
the first game also had Absol as an storyline npc. It admittedly wasn't very involved, but was a forced playable recruit in an important story moment

... this thread is sure making me appreciate the rescue team games more
Absol available at the beginning would be nice.

For me, the biggest charm in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series is that things are remarkably consistent. Despite storyline differences between games, the way you pick your "starter" and your "partner" for the most part are pretty similar. I think PMD5 would probably be wise to stick to more of the same, but not be like GTI in which there happened to be a really restrictive selection of Pokemon you can obtain for whatever reason.

I also think PMD5 shouldn't take from Super Mystery Dungeon and make evolutions basically meaningless since you can get every Pokemon anyway. Evolution should actually raise stats but SPMD made them kinda null for some strange reason.

Other than that, I'm not really picky.

Those 8 Eeveelutions as the main villain teams who'll confront the players with Z-Moves? And masquerading their military business behind with coporate image of a conglomerate (similar to Team Rocket)?

Also, improve and include new elements into roguelike gameplay like those in Pokémon Rumble or Pokémon Conquest.

Keep the move growth thing. I love how GTI and SMD have your moves become gradually stronger when you use them over and over and over and over and over and over...

Also, make egg moves more available like they were in the Explorer games. It took ages to hatch a Surskit with Hydro Pump and Signal Beam but I'll tell you now, this was worth it. Retain tutor moves too.

Some way to unlock Hidden Abilities would be really sweet as well, the core game starter options would feel a lot less repetitive if they all had different abilities. Instead of just picking a Grass type or a Grass type, you're now picking a Grass type with status immunity in the sun (Chikorita) or a Grass type with its stat changes reversed (Snivy). Or maybe the Grass type with doubled attack speed when itemless (Treecko) is more your thing?

Eevee should be a starter choice too, and stop making it female exclusive.

Eevee should be a starter choice too, and stop making it female exclusive.
Makes sense.
It's annoying how Chunsoft made Eevee a female-only starter in PMD when Niantic retained Eevee 7 males-to-1 female in GO. There should be a male Eevee choice too given the gender ratio.

I would prefer to have a male Eevee anywhere.

Make it like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky and Super Mystery dungeon, and call it a day.

Honestly, I did enjoy the temporary evolution mechanic within the story mode. I would also like to see the plot to be more refine with an actual Pokemon antagonist, not just where Pokemon is a helper to the antagonist. Kinda like how it was with PMD Rescue Team and Explorers.

I also did enjoy going between regions in Super Mystery Dungeon. Basically, it would be great to have a plot of PMD 1 and 2 with the mechanics of PMD 4 combined into PMD 5.

I've always wondered what it'd be like if the starters specifically consisted of one of each of the 18 types. So you'd have just one Grass (probably Rowlett), one Fire (probably Litten), one Water (probably Popplio) and then all the rest went accordingly.

I've always wondered what it'd be like if the starters specifically consisted of one of each of the 18 types. So you'd have just one Grass (probably Rowlett), one Fire (probably Litten), one Water (probably Popplio) and then all the rest went accordingly.
and one poison (Poipole)

Could they make a storyline where the Pokémon get transported to the human world and you and your team have to evade getting captured by a trainer?

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom