• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What would you rate Journeys/PM 2019 so far on a scale of 1-10?

Really interested in this maths buddy, care to explain? :p
They're about the same number that I'd rate the series. :p

For the 5 out of 5 ratings 0 would obviously be horrific garbage that should be thrown out, 1 would be terrible across the board, 2 would mean a disappointment or just mediocre at best, 3 is good though there are stuff holding it back, 4 is really good and 5 is obviously superb.

I'm not gonna give a specific opinion since I missed most of the episodes so far, but I agree with everyone who says the travelling aspect is done poorly and badly. I really dislike the way Satoshi and Gou hop to a random region in an episode, do whatever they have to do and go back to Kanto in the end of the same episode. Why not let them stick for a span of 5-7 episodes in the same region, if not more? I'd wish we'd get a Galar arc of 15 episodes for eg.

Other than that it's at least better done than the Battle Frontier saga in AG. We get to see old towns and cities and locations and not just a bunch of filler places with little references to the past.

I have been enjoying the series so far, the first few episodes I watched were subbed, but I plan to continue to watch the rest in the English dub.

I'll rate it a solid 8/10 so far, it's been really enjoyable, and I especially like the opening.

Definitely a 4 or 5/10. I keep on forgetting that this series is on air sometimes because it has hit absolute rock-bottom with its past few episodes, it was already mediocre but now its just terrible.

Definitely a 2. Not as bad as BW or SM but it's still not saying much. A chunk of it is fanservice, as the writers are giving Ash popular Mons that everyone wanted him to have since forever (G-Farfetch'd being the exception). The rest of it is garbage. Goh is a bland and unoriginal character who is a very blatant Pokemon GO advertisement who really doesn't bond with any of his Mons outside of Raboot (and even that is up for debate), leaving both him and his Mons as one-note, almost background characters. The new girl (I forget her name) is probably one of the worst and most forgettable female "protagonists" to date. She also rehashes May's original role as being the "dad is important in Poke-world while daughter has no interest in Pokemon" thing and has very, very few focus episodes, making her pretty one-note and forgettable. TRio have also sunk down to new lows. They no longer catch and bond with their own Mons, instead relying on a glorified gatcha machine to randomly gives them whatever Mon the plot wants them to have, only to mostly end up with goose eggs due to the Mon-of-the-week clobbering them or some other factor. Overall, a terrible series. While not as bad as BW or SM, the quality of the series has pretty much dropped off a cliff since XY ended. It might be time to finally retire the series, as it just keeps sinking lower and lower and lower, taking our expectations with it.

I'm not gonna lie this is probably my least favorite series. I miss the gyms. I want the anime to be set in Galar. I want a female protagonist. I don't want any more Kanto and nostalgia pandering even if I grew up with OS. I want to see cameos from older characters and Pokémon. I want rivals like Shinji/Paul who challenges Satoshi's ideals and arcs. I miss how SM could discuss mature topics like the Litten/Stoutland plot and Lillie's PTSD. I want Team Rocket to do something new and interesting like in BW while still being likable and in character. I want Gou's captures to be more interesting and have him plan which Pokémon to catch and actually try to think about how to capture Mew (which balls, items, team, status effects etc.).

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom