• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What would you say is the easiest shiny pokemon to get?

GoldeenTail

wats a user title
Reaction score
Or the hardest? Just your pure opinion and thoughts. Since I want good detailed reasons, and the options are somewhat endless, this is not a poll. Red Gyrados doesn't count, unless you got it naturally. Anyways, time for the fun part.

I'll say Unown for the easiest. They're already chained, and I run into a shiny Unown here and there. Sad thing is, they not very valuable, and it's always my least favorite letters. As for hardest, I'll say rare pokemon like Absol. They're had to chain, and I have a hard time hinding the shiny verison of them. As for you?

Forgive me if this is a duplace of the other shiny thread.

Last edited:
The geodude line. I have a shiny Golem and a shiny Graveller, one of which was traded to me (and looked legit!) and the other I caught in FR.

nothing the hardest/easiest for me... i`m caught all shiny poke with 1 ball
first met a shiny pokemon is shiny baltoy, i`m caught it with masterball(@ the first captin, i think the shiny can flee like latias)
the second, tentacool, im caught it with once ultra ball

nothing the hardest/easiest for me... i`m caught all shiny poke with 1 ball
first met a shiny pokemon is shiny baltoy, i`m caught it with masterball(@ the first captin, i think the shiny can flee like latias)
the second, tentacool, im caught it with once ultra ball

Shinies don't flee. They just act like ordinary pokémon. Now, a shiny Graveller or Electrode might explode, so look out for that.

i will remember u`r word...(about exploooding)
i shock first meet a shiny pokemon, after playing in 6 years :p

They are equally hard to get, unless you get lucky with soft resets.

I would also say Geodude. It appears in the wild very often, and it's also the only shiny I've found.

They would obviously be propotional to how many times you encounter the particular creature.

As mentioned before, Shiny Geodude (and evolutions) would be relatively common since they are common Pokémon that are encountered everywhere, same goes for Zubat and Tentacool.

Legendaries and other Pokémon that you must encounter to move the plot along are also oddly enough, very common since one can easily soft reset for one. Same goes for "gift" Pokémon like starters and fossils.

The rarest ones would be ones that you normally don't find in the wild, but don't receive as gifts either. Ones you have to breed for. Pokémon with extremely low encounter rates would also be quite hard to get shines of.

These are of course, for shinies that are encountered by pure luck. Chaining with the Pokéradar/messing with the RNG can yeild any shinies more readly.

Gyarados Either Bidoof or Starley at the first route in DPPt. It has weak pokemon, ad only Starley/Bidoof can appear.

I think, Shiny Zubat. I got the first in FireRed, and the second a few months ago, in SoulSilver. ZUbat is pretty common so... yeah :B

One of my freinds and my brother caught a green golbat, and it's the only one I've seen two of, so I'll say Golbat. (He is pretty common in the wild.)

i would think that Whismur would be easily attainable in shiny form, since in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald they're already chained in Rusturf Tunnel.

bidoof
they are ridiculusly commen and appear in the gen where it's the easiest to get shineys.

boom.

Yo, Gastly would be easy to get, too. D8 I even met a totally legit shiny Gastly in the wild while EV training Esper the Mewtwo. Without the AR. I didn't even realize it until I had Esper Psychic the poor guy. OTL Serves me right for not paying attention...

The hardest one? Now, Safari Zone Pokemon would be the hardest, no? It was by pure sheer luck that I caught a shiny Natu in Emerald. Had I not looked down at the last second, I'd never spotted the sparkle and go "hoshit ajkfjkizf" and toss a Safari Ball for a one-hit capture.

Others are not so lucky. OTL Shiny Safari, certainly one of the hardest, too.

bidoof and golbat are very common so they would be easy. as for the safari? i got my hoothoot from there. the only shiny i've got.

I say Zubat, since it's pretty common, and the Altering Cave in Emerald put them at 100% encounter rate, therefore assuring you'll get a shiny, no matter the time it takes, without the risk of running into another Pokemon.

Close behind come Geodude, Tentacool, Psyduck, and at a certain extent, Machop, Bidoof and Starly.

Zubat are easiest in my opinion. You find them all the time going through caves and such. I had three at one point, combined from Fire Red and Diamond.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom