• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What would you say is the easiest shiny pokemon to get?

I would have to say Geodude, seeing as how through out the years, I have encountered 2 shiny Geodudes, one of which became a Golem. As for hardest, I say any Pokémon in the safari zone, see as how they have a higher chance of running away from you, and you can't really do anything to prevent it.

Probably the common ones that no one cares about, or the ones you run into heaps like Zubat and tentacool, etc. The last shiny I got was a Red Gyarados, which I actually did get naturally as a shiny Magikarp in Sapphire.

In the basement of the Slowpoke Well there's a huge pool of water where only slowpoke and slowbro appear. It took me around an hour and a half to catch a shiny slowpoke there.

Erm, i've never personally found a shiny, but ive seen my bro get a zubat. Ah i spent a fair while trying to convince him to trade that to me haha

Am I being stupid or is everyone here mis-using the term chained for shiny pokes?

Seriously? it's obviously Gyarados. HG/SS has a 100% shiny Gyara as part of the plot, so yeah.

Aside from Gyarados and easy SR shiny would be a starter. If you have patience that is

I've met a billion Geodudes (and Starly, Pidgey, Zubat, etc.), but I've only seen two shinies, one of which isn't very impressive being that it's a Tentacool, but since I got it on the 80-something'th hour of an Emerald I'd long completed the Pokedex on, no way I ain't cloning that (which I did. A lot). The other one is a painful story, though. Why didn't I just use that Quickball at the very start, I'll never know.

Most Steel and Electric Types... Why? In D/P/Pt you can chain them with the help of Static (50% more chance to encounter other Electric Types) or Magnet Pull (150% more chance to encounter other Steel Types) and the Poke Radar. You can easily bag 5 or more (with the proper knowledge and patience) Shiny Pokemon.

I know because I caught 8 Shiny Shinx in my Diamond with the help of an Ampharos. AND! I could of got more than 8, but I got board with it.

The only Shinys that I ever found were Graveler, Shinx, and Pelliper. Also if you count the Pikachu colored Pichu event and the Red Gyarados from HeartGold and SoulSilver.

In Pokémon Crystal, there's an egg you're given that has a 50% chance of being shiny. I've a shiny Cleffa (or an Igglybuff, I can't remember) from that egg. Sorry if this has already been mentioned, I'm at work so can't sit and read through the whole thread.

Other than that, the easiest Pokémon to obtain in shiny form (easy is subjective in this case because I don't think soft-resetting is easy. I think it's a massive pain in the arse and I hate it.) are the most common ones. Rattata, Pidgey, Tentacool, Geodude, Zubat etc.

I have a shiny Seviper; Trapinch; Ninjask; Shedinja and, of course, a couple of shiny Gyarados. I also have a shiny Hoothoot, which is one of the Pokémon I'm most proud of owning.

Hey, I'm not sure what exactly you mean by chained (Correct me if this is an amateur mistake)
First shiny I got was shiny Machoke in Cerulean Cave, after catching Mewtwo

Gyarados.

Other than that, the egg in Crystal with a 50% shiny rate. Beyond that, I'd say things like Zubat or Unown (the ones that you *will* see hundreds of in the wild)

Not including Gyrados, because it's obvious.

Anything you encounter a lot, like other people say

Zubats, Pidgeys, Tentacools, etc.

I'd say the easyest wild poke's to chain are Unown and Zubat(just surf around on a cave pond in platinum)
the hardest would be the traveling legends like Zapdos, Azelf, Entei etc. (correct me here if traveling legends are never shiny)
As one can save, re-encounter the one appearance only legends, like mewtwo (B,R,Y), giratina (pt), lugia(SS) etc. they are easier than the traveling legends. (correct me if these legends can't be shiny)

I've only ever had 1 shiny not counting the gyrados. In FR on some route i found a shiny tentacool, but since then my friends have found many of them. So ya, Tentacool

Not counting the Red Gyarados, I'd have to be Luvdisc for me.

I have 3 legit golden Luvdiscs in my Diamond version alone, not hacking or trading at all.

... shiny Pidgey.

Erm, anyways, it's really annoying if you encounter a shiny Pokemon before you have access to Pokeballs. I've heard about this happening to many trainers, so it's not as rare as it seems...

Also, for me, Exploding or Selfdestructing shinies are somehow more common than normal ones. Or shinies in the Safari zone. I think Nintendo is messing with us by making the hard-to-catch Pokemon more common as shinies. (I know this isn't true, but it sure seems like it... >_> )

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom