• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What would You think about calling re-charging turns differently?

How should re-charging turns be called?

• Fear

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disgustion

• Charging

• All names used above

• Doesn't need change

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Matleo

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
We already have flinching, confusion, infautantion that are similar but are not direct related with re-charging

-Exhaustion(Blast Burn, Rock wrecker) when after own move.
-Charging(solar beam during rain)
-Fear(before or after by move or ability)
-Disgustion(stench, liquid oze.
When before attacking user of Stench with any move 30% causing oponent to re-charge and after physical contact with Liquid Oze of user 30%)

Last edited:
I don't see what difference it would make. Could you give an example for "fear"? It sounds a lot like flinch, which Stench causes. Liquid Ooze is completely unrelated (it damages attackers using draining moves).

Last edited:
I don't see what difference it would make. Could you give an example for "fear"? It sounds a lot like flinch, which Stench causes. Liquid Ooze is completely unrelated (it damages attackers using draining moves).

Fear is similar but could work even before the oponent moves similar like Intimidate. Or after move or getting hit activates ability even when a pokemon is slower. Flinch is only when you are faster and attack, thats not quite always the case. Its a way of naming it. Here I think about abilities causing it and it could also work well with decreased priority moves.

Stench like its name suggests would work better if activated before the oponent even attacks a 20 or 30% chance would be that he gets blocked and needs to recharge.
I remember gen I anime grass gym where Stench caused faster pokemon to not be able to attack even before Gloom could attack. Would be better this way for defensive...

Though about Time Stop ability for psychic/steel clock that when hitted and looses more then 30% of full hp in battle forces to recharge the oponent after damage calculation. This one would be tricky to name like others.

I think multiple names for the same effect just adds needless complication. (Also, flinching and recharging are two different mechanics)
Maybe You are right and leave naming for dex entries and description of moves and abilities. Would make cool names.
But they could focus more on re-charging now especially that they never used it against oponents pokemon in battles only to nerf users of moves(solar beam, rock wrecker) and abilities(Truant). Re-charging used against oponent would be good and create more niches for many new pokemon. A new Entry hazard, different abilities ,damage and status moves causing it and maybe some protecting against it? Old ones could get buffed too. There is always Mold breaker, Inner Focus.

Together with Disable effect of moves used in a similar way this could shake up competetive play a lot.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom