• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What would your first Pokemon be?

If I could chose any basic Pokemon I'd pick a eevee to eventually evolve it into Umbreon. However going based on what real life is like as I've always grown up with cats as my pets I'd probably end up having a meowth.

I'd have to go for either mudkip, or chespin, if I could have a legendary it would be mewtwo, it's Y evolution gets the job done.

All things considered, I think absol would suit me nicely. Dark type, looks great, deadly in battle, and a sign of impending doom. What's not to like?

Considering that I grew up in a leafy suburb of a city in the middle of a plain, it would probably be a Pokemon species that can be found in grassland habitats.....it could also be a water's edge Pokemon since I lived only 5 mins walking distance from a river.....my favorite Pokemon from these habitats are Hoppip and Surskit. It could also be Caterpie since I remember 'collecting' caterpillars when I was a kid.

Last edited:
URRGH! It's too hard to choose just one!

My first Pokémon would probably end up being the one I have the closest bond with, so it'd have to be one of my favorites...

Uh... Either Rayquaza or Flygon. Those are my favorite Legendary and non-Legendary Pokémon, respectively.

I would start with skorupi, so that I can have my favourite pokemon drapion as early as possible.

A Hawlucha! This pokemon is the ONLY Pokemon that caught my eye. I really like this Pokemon a lot. The design, the typing, nice and powerful indeed. A luchador Pokemon!

I would want to start with either Spiritomb or Porygon, because those are my two favorite Pokemon. Or maybe I would get a Purrloin first (because it's my favorite animal and my favorite type), but just as a pet.

I don't mean to sound cliche, but seeing as how Raichu is my favorite Pokemon, I'd pick Pichu/Pikachu.

Although a Ralts would be nice, too. ^^

I'm torn between either Vulpix, Growlithe, or even Torchic. But I'm learning towards Growlithe because Arcanine is a BEAST and would be nice to travel on, though Blaziken would be a nice second.

I have an OC based heavily on myself that has an Igglybuff as his first Pokemon, so I guess an Igglybuff. If not a little Iggly, then a Mawile or Goomy.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom