• To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!

What would your profession be if you were in the Pokemon world?

ᴡᴀɴᴅᴇʀᴇʀ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ
Reaction score
  • Staff
Would you make a living battling trainers, doing research, or working at Pokemart? I'm curious to hear!

Requiem Raver
Reaction score
I'd probably be a Pokémon researcher given that I'm finishing up my master's degree in biomedical sciences.

Reaction score
I think I would be a researcher, too. Maybe as a Poké-Psychologist to be something different and related to what I'm currently studying.

PinkIceTales!
Reaction score
I'd like to be a pokemon researcher who travels and observes pokemon in their natural habitat, or maybe even just a trainer so I can travel.

Though knowing my personality, I'd likely just be working at a daycare or staying home and not leaving the house with the company of all the cat pokemon.

Previously Obstagoon
Reaction score
I like to think I'd be one of the Gardeners in Kalos, carefully maintaining a nice berry patch somewhere with my cadre of Fairies.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'd be a Pokemon Ranger because I like nature a lot or someone who travels around the world hoping to spot a legendary Pokemon.

Pocket Professor
Reaction score
I'd be a Professor. I'm getting my PhD currently in real life. I'd be good at it, too! I might be a Super Nerd in my spare time.

~Korrina fangirl~
Reaction score
I wanna be a co-ordenator since its so girly lol

Orrrrr Korrina's battle buddy tehehe :D

Previously Obstagoon
Reaction score
I wanna be a co-ordenator since its so girly lol

Orrrrr Korrina's battle buddy tehehe :D
Ooooh, how could I forget about Coordinating as a profession, that's literally my favorite part of the game!

Unfortunately they don't have any contest halls in Kalos ... maybe we should start one ^^

ᴡᴀɴᴅᴇʀᴇʀ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ
Reaction score
All I care about is battling so I feel like I'd be a part of the Pokemon League in some fashion, either as a Gym Leader or the Elite Four.

RK9

Gen V was the peak.
Reaction score
I'd probably be a wandering trainer, seeing as much of the world as I can while meeting a lot of people and different kind of Pokémon on the way. I think a world of that like Pokémon, I'd be bored easily if I'd settle down somewhere.

Leon now in Three Houses
Reaction score
Preferably a trainer going on an adventure with my favorites, with Glameow as my partner Pokémon.

Realistically I'd probably still be a waitress, or working at a PokeMart. At least I could probably be a battler waitress like in gens IV, V, and VI.

I LOVE DIGIMON
Reaction score
Pokemon breeder and/or contest coordinator. Being a trainer would be a hobby on the side.

Reaction score
i think i'd be a wandering trainer too, like RK9 said. i wouldnt want to settle down because i also... get bored easily. the pokeworld is very fun to explore, so yea.. that way i can meet a lot of people and see interesting things with my pokemon, and also battle too. like what ash does lol

この日、森の中・・・
Reaction score
If contests were like they are in the anime, I’d be a coordinator for sure. (Even though I don’t like being in the spotlight...)

I’d also farm a lot of berries, so maybe I would end up selling them?

Pikachu Aficionado
Reaction score
I would be someone who enjoys research and making notes of what I learn along the way, as well as being a friend to people that I meet and casually spend time hanging out with our pokemon.

On a journey to become whole again.
Reaction score
Definitely being a trainer, Pokemon battling sounds a lot of fun to do every day. That and I would uncover the mysteries of legends around the Pokemon world while traveling with Pokemon.

Last edited:
Yoom...Tah!!!
Reaction score
I would definitely become a Police officer because it's action filled and people will be able to depend upon me.