• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What would your reaction be if Ash lost the Sinnoh league?

How would you feel if Ash lost the Sinnoh league

• Total voters
I expect Ash to beat Paul in the top 8 or 4 and then lose to Jun in the finals or top 4. Ash can't challenge the Elite Four but then finds out that battling and beating the Sinnoh/Johto Battle Frontier (whichever one it ends up being) gives you another chance to battle the Elite Four. He battles them (maybe with a Jun-Palmer match thrown in for good measure) and then beats the four regular Elite 4 members before losing to Champion Cynthia. The League will be his Sinnoh Pokemon, the Battle Frontier and Elite Four a mix of all of them, thus enabling him to get farther than with his Sinnoh friends alone.

That way we get the League, Battle Frontier, and Elite Four all thrown in together (and prove some people who say that you can't fit in the Battle Frontier AND the Elite Four wrong at the same time).

I wouldn't be surprised. They'll always need a reason for another series.

and I don't really like Ash anyways. Paul owns him :-D:-D:-D

This post will make me get high one day, I just know it. T-T

I think he's gonna win this time around. They have to space out his wins and losses. His last major win was at Orange Islands, he's due for another win. I'll be upset if he doesn't.

^ I wouldn't bet on it.

I could see him MAYBE making it to the final round and suffering a humiliating loss to Barry/Jun (who seriously needs a win).

But I do think that he will beat Paul/Shinji.

I hope the writers don't throw all those foreshadowing out the window.

nothing is set in stone.

personally i would laugh if he did make it to the finals only to lose to Paul yet again, and in all honesty unless he calls in the reserves for that battle i kinda hope that happens, cause i can't see his sinnoh pokemon beating Paul's, they had thier chance already to do so, and blew it horrendiously.

Overall I don't see him winning it, although maybe after the league, Cynthia finds out he conquered the Kanto battle frontier and tells him that if he can conquere sinnoh's (or jouto's as it's possible they could move it there despite what happened in the palmer episode.) battle frontier she'll allow him a special passage to challenge the sinnoh elite four, of course that's the only way i see him getting an Elite group shot, is by another method not using a league.

Ehh....I'm not real sure on what to say. He hasn't become champion for the past Leagues, so it really wouldn't suprise me IF he did lose. I was pretty much gonna stop watching the anime once the Galactic finale is done with...but either way, I'd find out if he did sooner or later.

Overall I don't see him winning it, although maybe after the league, Cynthia finds out he conquered the Kanto battle frontier and tells him that if he can conquere sinnoh's (or jouto's as it's possible they could move it there despite what happened in the palmer episode.) battle frontier she'll allow him a special passage to challenge the sinnoh elite four, of course that's the only way i see him getting an Elite group shot, is by another method not using a league.

Great minds think alike even on Pokemon forums it seems.

That just seems like a cop-out though. The only way Ash should get to challenge the Elite 4 is if he wins a league, as its a "higher honor" that only few people get to do.

It would only be a cop-out if the TV series had already established that.

Remember, the whole idea that Satoshi will beat the league and then go on to face the Four Emperors is merely fan speculation.

In all honesty, I'd be surprised if they actually had him win. They may decide to bring him close, but not to the finish. Again. And then little Ashy-boy will travel to the next region and get a new girl and the shipping wars will start again and...

huh, yeah. I think that they're just going to rinse and repeat.

My reaction will be, "Meh, I knew it was gonna happen." I just don't expect Ash to win this like the other Pokemon Leagues.

My reaction will be, "Meh, I knew it was gonna happen." I just don't expect Ash to win this like the other Pokemon Leagues.
Actually, I think anyone who use logic must already know Ash will lose Sinnoh League. Question really is not if Ash will lose Sinnoh League or not, because he will. No doubt about this. The real question is, if writers will forget what they build up with that Ash vs. Paul 6 on 6 battle and will let Ash to win against Paul through some stupid DEM. I seriously hope he will not beat Paul. I really hope writers are not stupid enough to deny that great battle and made it stupid. Not to mention, how stupid it will be to have more or less the same battle in less than one year (since League will most likely be in May or June, before Movie 13, that's another fact).
I really hope writers will not give us Ash vs. Paul battle in the league at all and instead do it this way: Ash will beat few opponents, including Barry, and get it to top 4 where he will be beaten by Nando, who will get it to final and will beat Paul there and will become winner. Unlike Scott, I think Nando can do this. We know nothing about Nando's skills as trainer, so writers can do anything with him, even let him win the league. But I will not be that surpriosed, if we will get another League exclusive rival, destined to beat both Ash and Paul.

personally i would laugh if he did make it to the finals only to lose to Paul yet again, and in all honesty unless he calls in the reserves for that battle i kinda hope that happens, cause i can't see his sinnoh pokemon beating Paul's, they had thier chance already to do so, and blew it horrendiously.

This technically counts as a spoiler so I'm putting this in tags. There should be a rule for this spoiler/non-spoiler thing eventually :/ Anyway...
To be fair, Ash did not have much going for him in that full battle. For once, instead of Ash it was Paul with all the luck (aka DEM to some people) while he had nothing. Whose to say the roles couldn't be reversed in the league and Ash might actually beat Paul. That said the writers may not even have to resort to luck to have Ash win. Grotle's Energy Ball powerup technique is a good (and only one yet) example. Not to mention Grotle's Rock Climb now makes it able to create mountains out of nowhere :p. So it isn't too hard to imagine more techniques/methods in the future. Anymore evolutions could change things drastically.

Since when people here even care about spoilers? if you really care, then we really should have a spoilers forum like Serebii - it'd make things much easier

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom