• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh What you would add to the Galar Dex?

TheHungryBox

Reaction score
Rules: no starters (except maybe the other 2 kanto starters), no fossils, no legendaries, mythicals nor ultra beasts

I would add the following:
Bulbasaur line
Squirtle line
Nidoran lines
Staryu line
Horsea line
Electabuzz line
Magmar line
Mareep line
Marill line
Yanma line
Misdreavus line
Murkrow line
Snubull line
Teddiursa line
Gligar line
Shroomish line
Whismur line
Aron line
Spheal line
Starly line
Luxray line
Lillipup line
Petill line
Sandile line
Ducklett line
Tynamo line
Flecthling line
Litleo line
Rockruff line

Last edited:
Arbitrarily I have decided to limit myself to 15 lines comprising 30 Pokémon total.

1. Druddigon (appears at Hammerlocke Hills and maybe the Watchtower Ruins also)
  2. Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, and Venusaur (gift probably)
  3. Squirtle, Wartortle, and Blastoise (gift probably)
  4. Venonat and Venomoth (appears on Route 5 and the Wild Area)
  5. Horsea, Seadra, and Kingdra (appears mostly in the Wild Area lakes but can also be fished up at Hulbury)
  6. Snubbull and Granbull (appears on Route 5 and the Wild Area)
  7. Teddiursa and Ursaring (appears in the Slumbering Weald, Route 7, and the Wild Area)
  8. Skarmory (appears on Route 8 and in the Dusty Bowl)
  9. Phanpy and Donphan (appears on Route 8 and in the Dusty Bowl)
  10. Spheal, Sealeo, and Walrein (appears on Route 9)
  11. Lillipup, Herdier, and Stoutland (appears on Route 4 and the Wild Area)
  12. Pachirisu (appears in berry trees)
  13. Chatot (appears in berry trees)
  14. Bruxish (appears mostly in the Wild Area lakes, but also, strangely, in the Glimwood Tangle)
  15. Klefki (appears in the Galar Mines)
(I know that Bulbasaur and Squirtle are technically in the game, but I maintain that if Charmander is in the regional Dex, then they should be too.)

Last edited:
My top wants:
Mareep line
Misdreavous line (Mismagius is a witch for crying out loud! It would get along so well with Hatterene.
Murkrow line (maybe give it a regional evolution that encapulates the witchy elements)
Ursaring line (the other bears are here; also it would work really well chasing people in the Wild Area)
Spheal line
Shinx line (because of the coat of arms, really would like a regional form for Luxray)
Buneary line
Pachirisu (it could be competing against Skwovet and Greedunt as a take on the invasive gray squirrels from North America)
Chatot
Lillipup line
Ducklett line
Cottonee line
Petill line (I just think they would be fitting in Galar)
Druddigon
Fletchling line
Pyroar line (because coat of arms again)
Klefki (It’s just fitting for me)
Lycanroc line (I know we have Legendary wolves already but come on, look at Midday Lycanroc and tell me you wouldn’t see it wandering around some of the wilder parts of Galar. Also coat of arms and werewolves in Midnight Lycanroc’s case)

Others I’d like to see:
Spearow line (maybe a Galarian form)
Nidoran line
Psyduck line (for a friend’s sake)
Cubone line (Cubone would be so adorable in Camp)
Scyther line (because mantises. Scizor could also make a really cool Galarian form)
Spinarak line
Jumpluff line
Yanma line (it would be so beautiful to see them buzzing around in the Wild Area)
Snubbull line
Stantler (and it gaining a regional evolution)
Houndour line (isn’t there a Black Dog of death in Celtic folklore? I think Houndoom could work well for it.)
Wurmple line (most specifically for Dustox)
Aron line (they could be pests in the mines and iron factories)
Castform
Bagon line
Glameow line
Venipede line (because I want to see Scolipede interact with Centiskorch!
Zorua line (because Lucario is in the game, I want to see how it would interact with Nickit, and it would be fitting)
Cryagonal (in the cold snowy areas)
Carbink (would be a symbol of wealth)
Minior

Galarian forms:
A Poison/Dark Rattata line that gets a regional evolution that’s a rat grim reaper (because Black Plague)
Maybe the Spearow line
Hoothoot line (Snowy owl, come on!)
Pineco line
Scizor
Shuckle (the counterpart to Sirfetch’d, make its shell a shield, make it a tank and a beast on the defensive)
Stantler (an Ice/Psychic reindeer with a regional evolution. It could be a Sword counterpart to Galarian Ponyta)
Maybe Houndoom
Whismur line that’s a Dark/Normal type like Galarian Zigzagoon that’s based around rock, heavy metal, and those people that blast their music extremely loud. Maybe they become more like a stereo.
Luxray (there’s so much you could do with this one, I’d just hope it would stay Electric, maybe gaining an additional typing)
Purugly (with Galar breeding it to be more fancier, I’m personally thinking a fat tuxedo cat with fancily curled whiskers)
Pikipek line with them becoming part Steel but instead of Toucannan, it gets a regional evolution that’s more of a woodpecker and has a big drill for a beak.

Last edited:
Rules: no starters (except maybe the other 2 kanto starters)

Actually, I’m gonna challenge/break this rule and say that it would be better to add two more starters that aren’t the other two Kanto starters, both in order to reduce the amount of Kanto pandering and to better fit the UK theme at the same time. These two would be Serperior and Empoleon lines, who in on the Gigantamax craze with Charizard. Imagine Chairman Rose having a Gigantamax Serperior inspired by the saying “every rose has its thorns” or battling the Queen of Galar with a Gigantamax Empoleon involving it sitting on its armor like a throne.

Following the rest of the rules, these are my picks:
  • Deerling and Sawsbuck (Wild Area)
  • Ducklett and Swanna, but only in the overworld. It’d be justified in-game as being illegal to train these Pokémon in the Galar region as enforced by their queen (which itself is a reference to the Queen of England owning almost all of the UK’s swans irl).
  • The Lillipup line as gift Pokémon. The reason they aren’t wild is because Yorkshire Terriers aren’t actually native to England, but rather imports.
  • Litleo and Pyroar (only obtainable through Max Raids)
  • Snubbull and Granbull (with a Gigantamax for Granbull making its jaw even larger)

I’d also add in a few regional variants:
  • A Poison/Fairy Galarian Spritzee that gets a plague doctor regional evolution
  • Rock/Poison Galarain Minior tied to the same meteor that Eternatus arrived in
  • Fighting/Fairy Galarian Blitzle & Zebstrika that get ridden by Impidimp and Morgrem respectively, based on the wild hunt.
  • Electric/Dark Loudred and Exploud; evolves from regular Whismur either by leveling up with either Obstagoon or Toxtricity in the party. I can’t decide which Pokémon is fitting, so maybe both?

Rules: no starters (except maybe the other 2 kanto starters)

I believe dataminers have found sprites and data for the other two Kanto starters and the Alola starters so they're technically in.

At any rate, I would add:
  • Ducket line
  • Lillipup line
  • Druddigon
  • Bagon line
  • Gible line
  • Smeargle
  • Zorua line
  • Deerling line
  • Litleo line
  • Rockruff line
  • Mareep line
  • Whimsur line
Edit: And the Skiddo line

Last edited:
Electric/Dark Loudred and Exploud; evolves from regular Whismur either by leveling up with either Obstagoon or Toxtricity in the party. I can’t decide which Pokémon is fitting, so maybe both?

I would argue Toxtricity. It's a guitar, they're the amps.

I think I would add:
-Weedle line
-Nidoran lines
-Porygon line
-Dratini line
-Hoppip line
-Slowpoke line
-Hoppip line
-Elekid line
-Magby line
-Smoochum line
-Zangoose
-Seviper
-Absol
-Shinx line
-Chatot
-Sandile line
-Zorua line
-Pikipek line
-Rockruff line

Rules: no starters (except maybe the other 2 kanto starters), no fossils, no legendaries, mythicals nor ultra beasts
Bulbasaur and Squirtle are already in the data of SwSh, along with the Alolan starters. Sadly, they are now event Pokémon.

Slakoth line so I can murder everyone with him and Weezing
As if it wasn't bad enough dealing with Slaking in Colosseum...

I think I would add:
-Weedle line
-Nidoran lines
-Porygon line
-Dratini line
-Hoppip line
-Slowpoke line
-Hoppip line
-Elekid line
-Magby line
-Smoochum line
-Zangoose
-Seviper
-Absol
-Shinx line
-Chatot
-Sandile line
-Zorua line
-Pikipek line
-Rockruff line

Bulbasaur and Squirtle are already in the data of SwSh, along with the Alolan starters. Sadly, they are now event Pokémon.

As if it wasn't bad enough dealing with Slaking in Colosseum...

Slaking paired with Weezing is gonna be SO much fun

Dratini and it’s evolutional line, without a doubt.

although honestly I’d like to see most cut Dragon Pokémon return (and then kick out Turtanator), simply because there aren’t many regions that would have the opportunity as one based on the U.K to have a lot of Dragon Pokémon running around. Now would have been the best time to keep most of them in before starting to cut them all out.

Tyrantrum and Spiritomb.

Tyrantrum would get Jaw Lock that would be now a dragon or rock type move.
Spiritomb would get a Gigantamax form and move to make it get Wonder Guard ability for 4 turns.

Not cutting Turtonator off it our only fire/dragon non mega and non legendary.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom