• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What YouTube channels do you frequently watch?

Cooking
Binging With Babish - Guy makes food, often from TV shows
Ordinary Sausage - Guy makes sausages, often inedible
Guga Foods - Guy makes steaks, often amazing
Kitchen Nightmares - Guy makes kitchen associates cry
Townsends - Guy makes 18th century food
Weird Explorer - Guy just finds and eat rare fruit

Gaming
Call Me Kevin - Guy causes chaos in every game he plays
Angry Videogame Nerd - Guy gets a tad angry about old games
Billiam - Guy finds 90s/00s gaming and toys and the like and looks at them
Epper Echelon Gaming - Guy moans about modern gaming
Scott the Woz - Guy moans about modern gaming, but on camera
LS Mark - Guy moans about modern gaming, whilst being Irish
JRose11 - Guy beats Pokemon red as fast as he can with a myriad of shit Pokemon

Misc
Fanboy Flicks - Guy critiques dreadful or weird movies
Numberphile - fucking wacky numbers man
Joe Scott - Guy finds some interesting science/technology ongoing
Rambalac - Guy walks/cycles around japan
Needle Drop - Guy critiques dreadful or weird music
Todd in the Shadows - Guy critiques dreadful or weird pop music
Tom Scott - Guy.. kind of just does whatever he wants
Nippon Wandering - Guy walks/cycles around japan
I Hate Everything - Guy just hates everything, and quite rightly

No particular order either, just scrolling through my history real quick here’s what I’ve been watching lately

Arlo
Sage Audio
videogamedunkey
Ryan George (and his stuff on Screen Rant)
Nando v Movies
Decap
Secular Talk
History Matters
captainmidnight
Johnny 2 Cellos
Andrew Huang
Nerdstalgic
RealLifeLore
Johnny Harris
False Swipe Gaming
Atomic Shrimp
Kurzgesagt
Butters the Bean
The Infographics Show
In the Mix
Joey Sturgis Tones
Sol State
Walter Santi
Make Pop Music

I went into this list thinking "pssh, I don't even watch that many channels anymore" but I ended up coming out with a lot actually. xD

Gaming-wise:
AbsolBlogsPokemon - makes full odds shiny hunting look fun + finds ridiculous ways of training mons to level 100
Scott The Woz - some oddly specific gaming stuff, plus I just think his comedy style is hilarious
chuggaaconroy - one of the original LP channels from the early YouTube days; his Pokémon runs are pretty dang informative
Proton Jon - also a very long-running LP channel, but I believe he also streams now
TheRunawayGuys - collab channel with chuggaa, jon, and NintendoCapriSun playin' games together
Gamechamp3000 - video game challenges + some other stuff; her video style is just really fun
Stryder7x - cracking open Paper Mario 64 and explaining its many glitches
Pikasprey Yellow - exploiting the Gen 1-3 games in bizarrely fascinating ways
Summoning Salt - covers the history of speedrunning for individual games in-depth

Gaming-streamer-wise:
Vargskelethor Joel
grayfruit
2ndJerma
vinesauce

Everything else-wise:
Defunctland - video essays on failed amusement park rides/attractions/events, & other similar things
brutalmoose - pretty much everything; the brutalfoods and Mystery Tapes series are especially interesting (the latter is even recorded on a real VHS tape...)
DankPods - dissecting weird, obscure, and generally terrible MP3 and media players

I mainly follow channels that cover movies, tv (and sometimes anime too, not too big on anime-only channels) and other nerd stuff. Other than that a few music channels. I also follow First We Feast which I think does the best celebrity interviews on YouTube.

Don't follow any gaming channels tbh since I'm not much of a gamer anyway.

Here's my list. I mostly watch channels revolving around animals and animation, but I sometimes watch gaming ones, music videos and general nerdy ones as well.

Gaming

CDawgVA - I haven't watched many of his gaming videos, but a lot of his ones about anime and visiting different places in Japan have had me in hoots. Plus, it's thanks to him I got into Jojo.
Etce - I often have one of his Animal Crossing vids on in the background when I'm working at my desk.
Dunkey
Mr Buddy - Love this guy's Pokémon videos. I know they're lengthy, but they're also good to have on in the background while I'm working and the amount of work he puts into them is phenomenal. My favourite one is "What if Italy was a Pokémon Region?".
Plumbella - This lovely, funny Northern girl who does Sims Let's Plays. The funniest ones are definitely the ones where she has her parents join in.

Other

Pet Goose George - Basically a guy who goes everywhere with his pet goose. Very cute stuff. One of my favourite vids is where they're at a Walmart and George tries to untie another customer's shoelaces.
Wildlife Aid - A wildlife rescue organisation based in the UK that I've raised money for in the past who regularly post videos of their rescues.
Jenny Supremo - A girl from the Philippines who reviews anime figures and does some good real/fake comparison videos.
Actar Raikit - This Singaporean guy who also reviews figures and old school toys, mostly rare Digimon and Kamen Rider merchandise.
The Lion Whisperer - Kevin Richardson, this awesome South African who runs a sanctuary for rescued lions, hyenas and black leopards. I remember being blown away seeing his vids for the first time, especially the ones where he's interacting with them and out on walks.
SaveAFox Rescue - Mostly cute funny videos of rescued foxes at their sanctuary and raising awareness of the plight of them in fur farms.
LouLou & Friends - This lovely Dutch family and their dachshunds.
SaberSpark - Reviews animated movies and TV shows, both good and bad. Especially known for reviewing poorly made knock offs.
The Animist - A stop motion animator from Japan who makes these amazing animated shorts using Nendoroids and other figures.
LavenderTowne - Digital art quick draws and I love her art style.
Linfamy - Animated videos about Japanese history, folk tales and mythology with his own humorous take on some of them.
Koalafication - Run by this Australian lady and her family who regularly post videos of the local koalas in their neighbourhood. One of my favorites is this one where she films two koalas fighting over a tree and one gets knocked out and sits on the ground screaming his head off.

Last edited:
Ace Trainer Liam (for his WTF series)

Dr. Mike

Graystillplays

Dawko (occasionally for FNAF music/gameplays)

TryHardNinja/Five Nights Music (for his FNAF songs)

Mr Max TV (starring a moccoleon cockatoo named Max with brief appearances occasionally by Dusty)

Sherpa (a Siberian husky's adventures in the UK)

I Will Always Travel for Food (a person in Japan who takes train rides or explores his neighborhood showing different foods in Japan)

Occasionally Brew who does science stuff

Occasionally driving school channels to see how stupid people are on the road (Mega Driving School, Dashcam Academy)

CanadianGuyEh, who I've been following for years, mainly because he tends to cover games and genres that I like, especially categories like Crash Bandicoot and Spyro, which are deeply rooted in my gaming history. I often watch his Let's Play stuff, albeit after they've initially aired, as he tends to stream just as I'm going to bed.
FalseSwipeGaming is another, albeit somewhat more recent addition to my list. I'm not a competitive player, nor do I like competitive play, but I find his videos to be very insightful, and I've learned a fair bit about some of the finer points about strategies and battling. Like how moves like U-turn and Volt Switch are actually very useful (I always thought they were rather pointless), or the history of Stealth Rocks, and others. Plus I like the jokes and bad puns.
I sometimes dabble with Arlo, as I like his game reviews and his rather sassy Muppet persona.
MysticUmbreon is another somewhat new-ish channel I've been following. I like his Top 10 lists and Best Team lists, though he sometimes gets his research wrong (but that's just part of being human).
TheHipsterSnek is another more recent addition. I like his obscure reviews, especially since they tend to cover some of my favorite games and/or franchises, along with the fact he's big on monster games, especially Monster Rancher. It's because of him I've tried out, and eventually came to love, games like Trials of Mana.
And another fairly recent addition is The RPG Monger, especially after his MegaMan Battle Network reviews. I sometimes watch his Let's Play stuff.

lindsay ellis, jenny nicholson, and sarah z make great video essays to draw to
danny gonzalez, drew gooden and jarvis johnson are great youtube comedians that i've been following for super long
wendigoon just makes videos about weird shit and i happen to love watching videos about weird shit
toddintheshadows makes great videos about pop music and as someone who is. not very into mainstream music i always find his videos interesting
and i've also just been watching a bunch of genshin streamers, rednasyo, bwaap, and some of the vas are some of my favorites

Mutant Museum does incredible dramatic readings of fanfiction (and, more recently, historic literature like the Epic of Gilgamesh!)
Lockstin and Gnoggin's who I get my thoroughly researched Poketuber content from after TheNationalDex dropped off the map.
TheLoadingCrew/TheLoadingTwo actually give their Pokemon tabletop campaigns post-production and upload them to Youtube.
Izzzyzzz does some fun rabbit hole videos. Like the one about the history of the Tumblr Sexyman.
DrakGamestein: Wiping raids has never been so hilarious. He does mainly Final Fantasy XIV content.
Preach Gaming: My problematic fave out of the list. He did World of Warcraft content back when I played it. But now he does FFXIV content from a relatively unique perspective compared to the usual suspects like Larryzaur or Zepla.
Let's Game It Out sets out to utterly demolish every game he plays and I love it.
Shenpai is my favorite disaster bisexual who does a lot of epic gamer content. She also gathered some friends to riff on bad anime in one video.
Overly Sarcastic Productions (Red in particular) does some great videos on tropes and historic literature/myths.

...And I'm still subbed to SnapCube because they still make funny content. (Still waiting on the Shadow the Hedgehog fandub, but I suppose Sonic Destruction will have to suffice for now.)

Last edited:
I have ADHD, so I never watch any channel with consistent frequency. As of now however, I have been watching Odd Tinkering, who does restoration videos, TheFlightChannel, who does aviation incident and accident videos using Microsoft Flight Simulator machinimas, and the YouTube channels for Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig & Sharko.

Nowadays it’s usually
  • Penguinz0
  • Ryan George
  • Dr K
  • Danny Gonzalez
  • Matt Stonie
  • Smallant
  • Wolfeyvgc
  • Jeremy jahns

And a few others, whoever else pops up on my feed really

I would absolutely recommend everyone within my list, they're all fantastic!

GrayStillPlays - Plays stuff like GTA V, Happy Wheels, the Sims, and a variety of obscure mobile games.
TheEpicNate315 - Does some great informative videos on Skyrim and the Elder Scrolls as a whole.
Prowder - Does Super Smash Bros. Ultimate stuff
MasterOfHyrule - More SSBU stuff
Tom Grossi - Host of Packast, does a lot of really great content for both Packers and non-Packers fans.
UrinatingTree - One of the best sports posters imo
FivePoint Vids - Often posts fantastic informative videos.
ThatsGoodSports - Might be a heathen Broncos fan, but his content is great.
HighlightHeaven - Posts various highlights
Ding Productions - Sports highlights
TerminalMontage - Parodies of various video games.
General Knowledge - A great channel that mostly revolves around geography, history, politics, vexillology, and the etymologies of various places.
RealLifeLore - Another great channel that delves into all sorts of topics ranging from astronomy to politics to history to the hypothetical questions many of us have.
Astrum - Great channel revolving around astronomy
Hell's Kitchen - Posts highlights/clips from said show
Kitchen Nightmares - Same as above.
Gordon Ramsay - Self-explanatory
Binging with Babish - Fantastic channel that recreates dishes from popular media.
CinemaWins - Fantastic channel that points out that great things about movies.
CinemaSins - A channel that does the exact opposite.
rSlash - A channel that focuses on Reddit content.
EmKay - More Reddit content
Film Insight - Takes a look into the restaurants, contestants, and hotels following their appearance on Gordon Ramsay's shows.
SMG4 - Gmod Mario animations
GLITCH - Indie animated shows.
Gabriel Iglesias - Comedian
Huggbees - Satirical channel that does parodies of stuff like Unwrapped and How It's Made.
MasterChef World - Posts clips and highlights from the international versions of MasterChef.
Next of Ken - Show and movie highlights.

Tale Foundry, it's a Youtube channel that delves and examines all sorts of stories. It does occasionally show stories written by Talebot, the host of the show.
Markee, it's one of those channels that read out reddit stories and gives opinions on it, that's really it. He has a very nice voice!
Oniri Boy, a very underated channel, he draws and animates random Nintendo stuff. It's very smoothly animated! And plus, they are making a bunch of fake gameplay videos of Dreambound!
Billy le Robot, I guess you could say it's a vlogging/documentary type of content? It's basically this robot who travels through dimensions to check out stuff and interview anomalies. There is an ongoing ARG at the moment surrounding this channel that got Google maps into the thing. Also Billy may or may not be a biblically accurate angel.

Several more:
Steveioe, who talks about things that happen in the ER and does some skits on the subject.
Bentellect, for his reactions to various memes.
Jeenie.Weenie, because she's hilarious.
The Dodo, because more cats.

seconding pikasprey yellow, summoning salt, and defunctland! as for some new ones:
  • fredrik knudsen. if you've heard of down the rabbit hole, this is him, if you haven't it's a FANTASTIC series of documentaries (or. mini-documentaries atleast) on various stories, some from obscure corners of the internet and others are Whole Ass Chess History
  • yuriofwind, he doesn't upload TOO often but bullshit creepypasta storytime is an absolute treat to watch, i'd say
  • bumbles mcfumbles, he covers a decent variety of gaming content and honestly, i'd say it's all pretty banger yaknow
  • tehsnakerer, found him through his video on YIIK and his content is AMAZING, he does really in-depth game reviews (like, most are atleast around an hour long) and he covers a lot of decently obscure games too!

RT game
Alpharad
Altrive
Kwite
Kwote
Shiny Cathrine
Terminal montage
Scott the Woz
Tom Ska
Absolblogspokemon
Tom Ska & Friends

Last edited: