• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What youtube (non-music) video did you watch last?

I was watching this video about an Opera singer breaking down the opera house scenario from "Final Fantasy VI" and how despite the limitations of the technology, it depicts a full broad range of scenes and it got me thinking about just how talented the composer Nobuo Uematsu is - I genuinely think he might be one of the best artists of our generation and its a shame many might not know who he is because he's largely tied to making music for video games.

The other thing I was thinking was I had forgotten how crazy it was that FF6 just casually had operatic numbers written into it for a game on the SNES and how super experimental and pushing the limits of technology when all they had to use was an 8-bit sound system at the time. It kinda makes sense know when I think about Nomura claiming he tried to push for FF15 to be a musical since Final Fantasy has always pushed the boundaries like that. :unsure:

This almost perfectly outlines why I prefer the original Sonic Adventure to its successor, actually. Also paints a lovely picture of just how screwed Sega was during this time, which I’m glad that more videos like this are doing. It’s a miracle how the Dreamcast was even able to exist at all, really (and by extension its games, both Sonic Adventures included). Whether you agree or disagree with the main points made here, there are some damn strong arguments in this one.

I am currently watching the launch of Artemis I, which sadly is not going ahead today due to a hydrogen leak in one of the rockets. Next possible launch will be September 2. The hosts has just been live-streamed bombed by an astronaut.

Back
Top Bottom